Author Topic: More Muslim Media Bullshit  (Read 8544 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: More Muslim Media Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 08:06:09 PM »
Quote from: "Stonewall"
If Christianity were like Islam then we would be living in a Christian Republic. Why is there is no Christian Republic in this world? Why is there such a difference between the Western World and Islamic World if there is no difference, if one is like the other?

Christians have never stoned people. Didn't Jesus say that whoever is without sin, cast the first stone?

Again, what is a Moderate Muslim? One who disregards what their religion calls for?

An extremist is one who follows what Muhammad commands?

What is a moderate cannibal? Instead of eating human flesh... they just trade recipes?

Good questions, now i think we are getting somewhere.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 08:07:18 PM »
Anne,

If Christianity were like Islam then we would be living in a Christian Republic. Why is there is no Christian Republic in this world? Why is there such a difference between the Western World and Islamic World if there is no difference, if one is like the other?

Because the Middle East is a Third World country run by religious zealots. Edited to add....i.e. a theocracy, unlike America.

Christians have never stoned people.

What????   You can't be serious.

Again, what is a Moderate Muslim? One who disregards what their religion calls for?

In my experience, the same as a moderate Christian.....one who takes the good from the Bible and leaves out the violence and truly icky stuff.

That's a pretty open ended question.  Is a Christian extremist one who follows what Jesus and Moses command?

What is a moderate cannibal? Instead of eating human flesh... they just trade recipes?

Now that one I really don't get.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Stonewall

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 08:21:15 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Anne,

Because the Middle East is a Third World country run by religious zealots. Edited to add....i.e. a theocracy, unlike America.

Christians have never stoned people.

What????   You can't be serious.

In my experience, the same as a moderate Christian.....one who takes the good from the Bible and leaves out the violence and truly icky stuff.

That's a pretty open ended question.  Is a Christian extremist one who follows what Jesus and Moses command?

Now that one I really don't get.

It's more than the Middle East. It's Iran. Pakistan, Afghanistan, Indonesia.

Who was the person stoned by a Christian? Name one, in all of the history of Christianity.

Again, if Islam and Christianity are the same, then why are there no Christian Republics? Why?

Doesn't it seem kind of odd to you that are none? Doesn't that give you pause? Make you wonder?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 08:33:29 PM »

And you don't consider those Third World countries?

Who was the person stoned by a Christian? Name one, in all of the history of Christianity.

I could start with the Crusades and the Inquisition, but if you'd like something more recent.....

THE HISTORY OF CANING IN SINGAPORE, MALAYSIA AND BRUNEI

The penal legislation in what used to be "British Malaya" -- the peninsular part of present-day Malaysia, plus Singapore -- has its historical roots in the criminal laws of England and India.

While not stoning, per se......same idea.

Again, if Islam and Christianity are the same, then why are there no Christian Republics? Why?

According to Buzz, WE are.....but my answer is because most of the Western nations have evolved  ::OMG::  and become secular.

Doesn't it seem kind of odd to you that are none? Doesn't that give you pause? Make you wonder?

No.....there are all kinds of nations that have evolved beyond the insanity of religious rule.  The Middle East hasn't been able to, they've remained a theocracy.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Stonewall

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2010, 08:40:10 PM »

And you don't consider those Third World countries?

I could start with the Crusades and the Inquisition, but if you'd like something more recent.....

THE HISTORY OF CANING IN SINGAPORE, MALAYSIA AND BRUNEI

The penal legislation in what used to be "British Malaya" -- the peninsular part of present-day Malaysia, plus Singapore -- has its historical roots in the criminal laws of England and India.

While not stoning, per se......same idea.

According to Buzz, WE are.....but my answer is because most of the Western nations have evolved  ::OMG::  and become secular.

No.....there are all kinds of nations that have evolved beyond the insanity of religious rule.  The Middle East hasn't been able to, they've remained a theocracy.

Blaming the British for Malaysia?

Why not blame them for what Jordanians do?

Malaysia is an Islamic country.

There is a reason that Islamic nations are the way they are. Why they have not modernized. It's not a mystery.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2010, 08:42:39 PM »
Blaming the British for Malaysia?

No, referencing Christian rule

There is a reason that Islamic nations are the way they are. Why they have not modernized. It's not a mystery.

You're right.....it's not.  They're still theocracies.  If we were ruled by Christian law, we'd be in deep shit.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2010, 08:44:32 PM »
the Middle East is a Third World country run by religious zealots.

Dose this make the brutality and murder commanded by Islam excusable?
Why are these nations "third world"? After all, those in the middle east are very wealthy. Why are they run by zealots?
Could it have anything to do with the nature of Islam - as opposed to say Judaism or Presbyterianism?

Aren't Singapore and Malaysia and so on in that region Buddist, Hindi or Islamic? Anyway - Christians are in the minority.

And caining people isn't beheading them for teaching girls to read; or stoning them to death for having been accused of adultery.

The crusades and inquisition are both products of actions that are against the teachings of Jesus and the apostles.  Again - quite a different story with Islamic violence which is commanded by Mohamed.  This might have something to do with why you don't have Christians and Jews beheading people in the streets today - and Muslims who do.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2010, 08:46:03 PM »
Quote from: "BuzzKill"
October 18, 2010
It's Logical to Be 'Islamophobic'
By R.C. Marsh

do you have any thoughts on what I wrote above?  All I saw was a copy/paste from an obvious conservative think tank.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2010, 08:53:08 PM »
the Middle East is a Third World country run by religious zealots.

Of course not!  Why would you assume that I said anything close to that?  It's offering an explanation as to the differences between the countries.

Why are these nations "third world"? After all, those in the middle east are very wealthy. Why are they run by zealots?

I can't tell if you're being deliberately obtuse or just denying reality.  What is the standard of living for the 'average joe' in those countries?

Could it have anything to do with the nature of Islam - as opposed to say Judaism or Presbyterianism?

Well, of course,......but that's what happens when you have a theocracy.

Aren't Singapore and Malaysia and so on in that region Buddist, Hindi or Islamic? Anyway - Christians are in the minority.

They're a mix, but Christians being in the minority there has nothing to do with the discussion.

And caining people isn't beheading them for teaching girls to read; or stoning them to death for having been accused of adultery.

And since we're a secular country and not a theocracy, people aren't stoned to death for committing adultery.

The crusades and inquisition are both products of actions that are against the teachings of Jesus and the apostles.

Just as a lot of what is done in the name of Islam goes against its teachings, if you actually knew anything about the actual religion and didn't listen to people like Rush, Glenn, Sarah, Christine etc.

Again - quite a different story with Islamic violence which is commanded by Mohamed.

For a self proclaimed Christian, you sure don't seem to know much about the Bible and its teachings.

This might have something to do with why you don't have Christians and Jews beheading people in the streets today - and Muslims who do.

I'll say it again........THEOCRACY!   Thank whomever we live in a secular nation!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm done, I'm cooked, good night and peace to us all!

:peace:

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2010, 09:14:19 PM »
Of course not! Why would you assume that I said anything close to that? It's offering an explanation as to the differences between the countries.

I wasn't assuming - I was asking. I have heard this given as an excuse before - that they can't be held to common standards of civilized decency because of their third world totalitarian existence.

What is the standard of living for the 'average joe' in those countries?

It varies, but I get your point. My point is - why is that? Could the nature of Islam have something to do with it?

but that's what happens when you have a theocracy.

And why don't Christians and Jews have Totalitarian Theocracies? Could it have anything to do with the nature of Judaic/Christian charity, heritage, justice, and faith?

Just as a lot of what is done in the name of Islam goes against its teachings, if you actually knew anything about the actual religion and didn't listen to people like Rush, Glenn, Sarah, Christine etc.

I don't listen to Rush - don't know who Christine is - don't hear much from Sarah ( I assume you mean Palin) and Glen I do sometimes watch but have not heard him say much at all about Islam.

I am no expert on Islam but I do know about the Islaimc principal of  (dam - how do you spell it?) Abrogation?? Anyway - it being that when passages contradict the later one supersedes the earlier one. In the Quran, all (every single one) the verses speaking of peace towards others are abrogated by later passages demanding their murder. The Islamic clerics who speak of their "peaceful" faith know this and are practicing Taquiea (again - I can't spell it) but it is the accepted practice of lying to the infidels to protect and advance Islam.

The Muslim is encouraged to lie to advance their faith. The Christian and Jew are forbidden to do so. This also might have something to do with the different kinds of society each has developed.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2010, 11:45:15 AM »
Of course not! Why would you assume that I said anything close to that? It's offering an explanation as to the differences between the countries.

I wasn't assuming - I was asking. I have heard this given as an excuse before - that they can't be held to common standards of civilized decency because of their third world totalitarian existence.

Just asking this question........
implies that that's what I was saying.  

You see it as an "excuse", I see it as an explanation.  They haven't been exposed to anything other than what their theocratic leaders have allowed them to be.  Facts, science and information in general is dangerous to those in power, so they control it.

What is the standard of living for the 'average joe' in those countries?

It varies, but I get your point. My point is - why is that? Could the nature of Islam have something to do with it?

No, I think it's due to a couple of things.  Greed and the fact that they're a theocracy and therefore access to information is strictly controlled, lest the population start to learn anything that contradicts what their leaders are telling them. Hell, that's part of what religion is for....to keep control of the peasants.   That's the danger of a theocracy.....you're under the rule of someone's interpretation of a religion.

And why don't Christians and Jews have Totalitarian Theocracies?

That's an odd way to phrase that but.....because the FF were smart enough to realize that governing according to ANY religion is a very bad and dangerous idea.  America isn't a theocracy at all (thank FSM!), which is why we don't have to put up with living under ANY type of religious law.

Could it have anything to do with the nature of Judaic/Christian charity, heritage, justice, and faith?

No, I think it's because we're not ruled by religion.  I really don't know how else to communicate that to you.  And I do think you have a blind spot when it comes to the JudeoChristian faith/religion.  You can see no wrong in it at all.  I asked you a while back to explain to me why you thought the Bible was an historical text and what I got from you was a wall of text quoting the Bible, that basically said "because God said so, He said it right there in the Bible".

I don't listen to Rush - don't know who Christine is - don't hear much from Sarah ( I assume you mean Palin) and Glen I do sometimes watch but have not heard him say much at all about Islam.

You quote sites like Townhall, World Net Daily, The American Thinker - all fairly extreme conservative (socially at least) sites along with religious sites.  That's not getting your information from what I would consider well rounded or objective sources.

I am no expert on Islam but I do know about the Islaimc principal of  (dam - how do you spell it?) Abrogation?? Anyway - it being that when passages contradict the later one supersedes the earlier one. In the Quran, all (every single one) the verses speaking of peace towards others are abrogated by later passages demanding their murder. The Islamic clerics who speak of their "peaceful" faith know this and are practicing Taquiea (again - I can't spell it) but it is the accepted practice of lying to the infidels to protect and advance Islam.

The Muslim is encouraged to lie to advance their faith. The Christian and Jew are forbidden to do so. This also might have something to do with the different kinds of society each has developed.

Could you please cite some unbiased sources for that?  I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but I'd like to see for myself what you're basing that on.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2010, 08:22:33 PM »
Pirate lady writes:

That's the danger of a theocracy.....you're under the rule of someone's interpretation of a religion.

Which is why I encourage people to read it for themselves; and is at least partly why Jesus was so hard on the Pharisees and Sadducees.

I asked you a while back to explain to me why you thought the Bible was an historical text and what I got from you was a wall of text quoting the Bible, that basically said "because God said so, He said it right there in the Bible".

If it isn't a lot of trouble, I'd like to review that post. I may have sent a lot of text but I doubt all I had to say was b/c God says so.  What is in the Bible is a lot of stuff - including a great deal of history - which is co-oberated by other ancient historians and more and more often by modern archeology. But I probably would support my argument with a Jewish or Christian source as it happens to be Jewish and Christian sources that are interested enough in the topic to do the research and write the papers.

You quote sites like Townhall, World Net Daily, The American Thinker - all fairly extreme conservative (socially at least) sites along with religious sites. That's not getting your information from what I would consider well rounded or objective sources.

Yeah, I'm guilty of using conservative sources.  Keep in mind, your generally asking me why I think as I do - and I am generally trying to show you - so I'm going to use what ever source I can find (with out to much trouble) that explains it - and it is going to be from a conservative source.  What well rounded and objective source would you have me use? Frankly - I don't know of one that is free of bias one way or another.  I will say again, you are doing yourself a diss-service to ignore information and opinions solely b/c they come from a conservative writer. It's not garbage just b/c you disagree - and it is at least a little bit possible you might be mistaken.

I'll just suggest this - if you really want to know about a topic - Google it and read what ever source you fine acceptably well rounded; if you want my opinion I'll give it - but it will be probably be pretty conservative.

Which brings me to this:

Could you please cite some unbiased sources for that? I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but I'd like to see for myself what you're basing that on.

Islam+Abrogation

Islam+Taqiyya

Google the terms together and read (or view) what ever sources you find acceptable.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2010, 12:00:39 PM »
First I want to say I realize some of my recent posts do read as if I'm maybe being a smart ass - this is not my intent or the tone I'd use if actually "talking".  

Now - a question relating to the thread topic:

Should the person who said the following be charged with a hate crime?

"We need public awareness of the danger posed by Islam. Education needs to be state of the art, eg biology. History. Students need to be taught facts. There was a Turkish siege [in 1683], and they were badly beaten. That must remain [in history books]. No tolerance for the glorification of violence! And that means we have to get rid of most of the Quran. We must realize that the Muslim Brotherhood is a Trojan horse. Turkey is part of that...Sharia is an absolute no-no. We d not want any gender apartheid, no ghettos, no social and cultural discrimination, no polygamy, no theocracy, no hate..."

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2010, 10:36:54 AM »
First I want to say I realize some of my recent posts do read as if I'm maybe being a smart ass - this is not my intent or the tone I'd use if actually "talking".  

Same here.   :peace:

Now - a question relating to the thread topic:

Should the person who said the following be charged with a hate crime?

"We need public awareness of the danger posed by Islam. Education needs to be state of the art, eg biology. History. Students need to be taught facts. There was a Turkish siege [in 1683], and they were badly beaten. That must remain [in history books]. No tolerance for the glorification of violence! And that means we have to get rid of most of the Quran. We must realize that the Muslim Brotherhood is a Trojan horse. Turkey is part of that...Sharia is an absolute no-no. We d not want any gender apartheid, no ghettos, no social and cultural discrimination, no polygamy, no theocracy, no hate..."

I'll tackle the statement later (source please?), but short answer.....no.  I think the hate crime laws are wrong period.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 10:42:41 AM »
deleted for duplication