Author Topic: How Far Will Program Pushers Go to Invalidate Abuse Victims?  (Read 40776 times)

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Re: How Far Will Program Pushers Go to Invalidate Abuse Vict
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2010, 06:46:21 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
Quote from: "heretik"
There is no greater crime than that which is committed against a child. A child does not have the skills or abilities to handle any form of abuse. A child withdraws from society and in adulthood can becomes a recluse. A sad damaging fact far worse than the original crime. Living alone away from the world.

Just something to think about.

Child abusers should receive the harshest penalties permissible by law.

How do you feel about recruiters that promote these places. I was just talking with a fellow survivor about the Straight that we both were in and I remembered the name of the company that was the recruiter in my home town...I looked them up and found they are still in existance, a crying shame they did not shut down at the same time as Straight, just goes to show you they were getting their pockets greased by other facilities as well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2010, 07:57:08 PM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
How do you feel about recruiters that promote these places. I was just talking with a fellow survivor about the Straight that we both were in and I remembered the name of the company that was the recruiter in my home town...I looked them up and found they are still in existance, a crying shame they did not shut down at the same time as Straight, just goes to show you they were getting their pockets greased by other facilities as well.

I don’t know a lot about Edcons because I did not use one.  But I am sure that they vary.  The edcon business is unregulated so there are probably many predators looking to make as much money as possible with an attitude that every kids could benefit from a program and feel "what the hell the parents have the cash and motivation to send them".    But I also think there are probably legitimate businesses that are there to help people navigate the TTI.

But how do we know since they are unregulated?  

Lets say a parent of a troubled teen opens an Edcon business with the intention of helping people the way his family was helped.  He researches the best places and decides to stay away from CEDU and WWASP schools and not refer there.  He chooses Academy at Swift River, Aspen Ranch (because his kid did well there) a few other Aspen Schools, Academy at Sisters and a couple others and a host of Wilderness programs.  Things go fine and then after a few years the owner needs to figure out how to increase business and Aspen comes along and says they will shoot $4,800 back to every child that you place into their facility and another $1,800 bonus if they complete the program.  This changes the business model and since there is no regulation it also challenges the ethical standards of each EdCon.  What do they do?  They are left to decide if it is ethical or not.

Lets say the guy running the place says “No big deal, I am ethical and only have the best interest of the child and family at heart”.  So he accepts the kick backs and carries on.  After a few years I think he would be subconsciously referring to the place that offers the most money even though he never intended to make a decision based on that.  Corruption can take root like a weed in an unintentional crack in the sidewalk and just takes off and before you know it you are being sued for ethics violations because you took a step  back and allowed a manager to take over part of your responsibilities while you enjoy your success and spend more time with your family.  Eventually the business was only referring to those programs who would pay him a kick back.

The owner would be considered guilty in my opinion of taking kick backs but I wouldn’t consider him scum just negligent.  I think the EdCon business is dangerous, but I also think it is needed.  The trouble is how does a parent know who to listen to?

I believe this response is off topic,   If this turns into a discussion or gathers interest maybe we can break this off into another thread.  Otherwise I apologize and am not intending to derail.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2010, 09:13:22 PM »
Posted in Wrong thread

« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 09:18:16 AM by Whooter »

Offline Gonzotherapy

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2010, 06:29:06 PM »
So I'm new here, I've been sitting back reading posts here for a few weeks now. I have got to chime in on this stuff. As a survivor of one of the roughest programs out there I have a few things that just need to be said. First of all, there are definitely lies and fabrications by some people about the level of abuse and exactly what happened during their incarcerations. I have seen some posts on another topic that I witnessed personally, and the story was complete B.S. I 100% agree that the people out there lying about incidences of abuse need to reign it in and be honest. That being said, without any fabrication these programs are abusive and wrong. At least the one I was in. Judging from the fact that the people who ran my program (Brightway and Paradise Cove) are basically the same people running most of these programs (WWASPS), I don't discount the fact that abuse occurs, rampantly. Here's my issue. If you are a parent out there and you think that an out of control teen, and there are many variations as to what constitutes "out of control", answer me this. What do you think would happen if you hogtied your teen and locked him in a closet for a week, fed him one cup of rice and a cup of water a day, and if he "refused" to cooperate (CAT 4!!!) so you physically assaulted (I mean "restrained") him or her to the point of causing injury, that means even bruising, what do you think would happen to you?

Well, I'll tell you. You would go to Jail! You would not pass go, you would not get a chance to explain to CPS that this is for their own good, your ass would get locked up. So tell me why are these programs allowed to therapeutically abuse? Plain and simple, follow the money trail. If you were a billion dollar parent, you could afford to lobby some legislation to allow you to beat the hell out of your kid whenever you want.

What I'm saying is, at the least these programs are child abusers. My experience, beyond abuse. Fabrications are completely unnecessary, so the survivors out there please be straight shooters, the lies are only going to help the real criminals get away with their crimes.

Res ipsa loquitur

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2010, 09:58:42 AM »
Quote from: "Gonzotherapy"
What do you think would happen if you hogtied your teen and locked him in a closet for a week, fed him one cup of rice and a cup of water a day, and if he "refused" to cooperate (CAT 4!!!) so you physically assaulted (I mean "restrained") him or her to the point of causing injury, that means even bruising, what do you think would happen to you?

Well, I'll tell you. You would go to Jail! You would not pass go, you would not get a chance to explain to CPS that this is for their own good, your ass would get locked up. So tell me why are these programs allowed to therapeutically abuse? Plain and simple, follow the money trail. If you were a billion dollar parent, you could afford to lobby some legislation to allow you to beat the hell out of your kid whenever you want.

What I'm saying is, at the least these programs are child abusers. My experience, beyond abuse. Fabrications are completely unnecessary, so the survivors out there please be straight shooters, the lies are only going to help the real criminals get away with their crimes.

Res ipsa loquitur

:notworthy:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Watchful Yeoman

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2010, 02:49:12 PM »
Quote from: "Gonzotherapy"
So I'm new here, I've been sitting back reading posts here for a few weeks now. I have got to chime in on this stuff. As a survivor of one of the roughest programs out there I have a few things that just need to be said. First of all, there are definitely lies and fabrications by some people about the level of abuse and exactly what happened during their incarcerations. I have seen some posts on another topic that I witnessed personally, and the story was complete B.S. I 100% agree that the people out there lying about incidences of abuse need to reign it in and be honest. That being said, without any fabrication these programs are abusive and wrong. At least the one I was in. Judging from the fact that the people who ran my program (Brightway and Paradise Cove) are basically the same people running most of these programs (WWASPS), I don't discount the fact that abuse occurs, rampantly. Here's my issue. If you are a parent out there and you think that an out of control teen, and there are many variations as to what constitutes "out of control", answer me this. What do you think would happen if you hogtied your teen and locked him in a closet for a week, fed him one cup of rice and a cup of water a day, and if he "refused" to cooperate (CAT 4!!!) so you physically assaulted (I mean "restrained") him or her to the point of causing injury, that means even bruising, what do you think would happen to you?

Res ipsa loquitur

Welcome.  If it hasn't happened already, there is a poster here called "Whooter" who will be along shortly to try to invalidate your experience and discredit you as a person.  Good luck with that.  This thread is about people like him.
"The ricketty and scrofulous little wretch who first sees the light in a work-house, or in a brothel, and who feels the effects of alcohol before the effects of vital air, is not equal in any respect to the ruddy offspring of the honest yeoman; nay, I will go further, and say that a prince, provided he is no better born than royal blood will make him, is not equal to the healthy son of a peasant." [/i]

-John Randolph

Offline Gonzotherapy

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2010, 03:39:05 PM »
Quote from: "Watchful Yeoman"
there please be straight shooters, the lies are only going to help the real criminals get away with their crimes.

Welcome.  If it hasn't happened already, there is a poster here called "Whooter" who will be along shortly to try to invalidate your experience and discredit you as a person.  Good luck with that.  This thread is about people like him.

Yes I have met Whooter. You may find some very interesting conversations between the two of us in the OFFA. I have found that reading his posts can be hazardous to one's intelligence.

:wall:

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2010, 02:03:02 PM »
This sick, demented response from a program pusher belongs here:

Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
I think the kids and staff are already in danger.

Quote from: "ORS Report on RCS/HLA Prison Camp"
Based on record review, resident and staff interviews, the agency failed to provide for the needs,
care, protection, and supervision of the children in care;
Findings Include:
(1) During an interviews conducted on September 1, 2010 from 1:00 pm-3:30 pm with Residents
101, 102, 108, 109, 110, and 112 in which all residents acknowledged that they are aware of
residents engaging in sexually inappropriate behavior. It was reported that the residents would
sneak off in designated areas unbeknownst to staff.

(2) Record review on September 1, 2010 of Incident Report dated 06-06-10 for Resident #11
revealed Resident #11 along with 6 other females disclosed to staff an incident involving sexual
activity between Resident #11 and an older male resident. It was documented that Resident #11
appeared upset and stated that what occurred between herself (R11) and the male resident was
an unwelcome encounter.

This girl was raped by a male inmate due to lack of supervision.

So based on this definition, 99% of all kids in highschool are raped !! OMG!!!  Lets wait for the swat team to come in.  2 teenagers had sex with one another.

Its just paper work, DJ.  Imagine the number of reports there would be if your local highschool had to write a report everytime one of their students has sex lol.

This girl was raped by an older inmate of RCS/HLA and Whooter thinks it's funny.  He also commented that another poster who was raped at seven years of age was simply engaging in "unprotected sex" and therefore "needed a program."
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2010, 05:12:57 PM »
This sick, demented response from a program pusher belongs here:

I think the kids and staff are already in danger.

Quote from: "ORS Report on RCS/HLA Prison Camp"
Based on record review, resident and staff interviews, the agency failed to provide for the needs,
care, protection, and supervision of the children in care;
Findings Include:
(1) During an interviews conducted on September 1, 2010 from 1:00 pm-3:30 pm with Residents
101, 102, 108, 109, 110, and 112 in which all residents acknowledged that they are aware of
residents engaging in sexually inappropriate behavior. It was reported that the residents would
sneak off in designated areas unbeknownst to staff.

(2) Record review on September 1, 2010 of Incident Report dated 06-06-10 for Resident #11
revealed Resident #11 along with 6 other females disclosed to staff an incident involving sexual
activity between Resident #11 and an older male resident. It was documented that Resident #11
appeared upset and stated that what occurred between herself (R11) and the male resident was
an unwelcome encounter.

This girl was raped by a male inmate due to lack of supervision.

So based on this definition, 99% of all kids in highschool are raped !! OMG!!!  Lets wait for the swat team to come in.  2 teenagers had sex with one another.

Its just paper work, DJ.  Imagine the number of reports there would be if your local highschool had to write a report everytime one of their students has sex lol.

This girl was raped by an older inmate of RCS/HLA and Whooter thinks it's funny.  He also commented that another poster who was raped at seven years of age was simply engaging in "unprotected sex" and therefore "needed a program."

This is one of the reasons you lose so much credibility with the readers here DJ.  You are screaming "Rape" but no one else is.  You get so offended when people disagree with you and your obvious agenda is to discredit RCS.

The report stated "sexual activity".  There was no mention of physical force.  Sexual activity could be that he exposed himself to her or masturbated in front of her.  Maybe she invited him in and was caught and now feels embarrassed or does not want to get punished for breaking the rules.  Maybe she doesnt want her parents to think she was having sex.. etc.  But the only one who mentions rape is you, DJ.

You are an obvious disgruntled ex-employee who still holds anger towards the program which rejected you and you spend your years trying to get even and you will never satisfy your rage and drive because the program will continue on just fine without you.  You dont matter to them and they probably dont even remember you.  The information you post is almost always false or embellished just like this view of rape.  This is obvious even to first time readers.  Your energy and rage never match the events.

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2010, 05:42:48 PM »
Whooter did call child rape "unprotected sex".  It was brutal and as far as I can remember, he refused to apologize for this remark. Sorry Whoot but its true. Program pushers are ruthless in pursuing their agenda.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2010, 05:59:22 PM »
Quote from: "shaggys"
Whooter did call child rape "unprotected sex".  It was brutal and as far as I can remember, he refused to apologize for this remark. Sorry Whoot but its true. Program pushers are ruthless in pursuing their agenda.

lol, If you cant provide a link it never happened, shaggy.

Its easy to make things up ...   Shaggy said:  "As long as you use a condom then it is not considered rape".

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2010, 06:06:35 PM »
As long as you use a condom then it is not considered rape.

Shaggy that is a totally wrong.  You are a sick individual to think that!!!  Having sex with a 7 year old girl is just wrong either way!!  What is  the matter with you?

So you see anyone can make up a quote about anyone else, but regular readers know what is true and what isnt by the lack of links to the original post and Dysfunction junction/ Troll control and now "Yourself" make accusations without backing them up. If DJ/Troll control leaves out the link then we all know it id just made up info.

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2010, 06:19:23 PM »
As long as you use a condom then it is not considered rape.

Shaggy that is a totally wrong.  You are a sick individual to think that!!!  Having sex with a 7 year old girl is just wrong either way!!  What is  the matter with you?

So you see anyone can make up a quote about anyone else, but regular readers know what is true and what isnt by the lack of links to the original post and Dysfunction junction/ Troll control and now "Yourself" make accusations without backing them up. If DJ/Troll control leaves out the link then we all know it id just made up info.

Whooter I thought we had a better relationship than this. All you had to do was apolagize and admit you mis-spoke. It happens to everybody. Now you're just being a dick and proving the point: Program pushers will try anything to promote their agenda.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2010, 06:28:22 PM »

Whooter I thought we had a better relationship than this. All you had to do was apolagize and admit you mis-spoke. It happens to everybody. Now you're just being a dick and proving the point: Program pushers will try anything to promote their agenda.

Mis-spoke about what?  Pull up the original link and we will talk about it.  I gaurentee that I never said or insinuated this,Shaggy:

"Whooter did call child rape "unprotected sex"

You are the one being a dick, if you are going to say something about someone then you should at least have some evidence.  What am I suppose to apologize for?  At this point you owe me an apology for making that dick comment.  I understand DJ making the comment because he never provides links and just makes up what he pleases.  Most readers realize this.

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2010, 06:45:58 PM »
You know I'm not gonna search out that particular thread (maybe somebody else will) and i shouldn't have to. We both know what you said. Why can't you just admit you misspoke when you equated child rape with unprotected sex. All you had to say was that you didn't really mean it that way and sincerly apolagize. The matter would have been completely closed then and there. You are keeping it going by not just dealing with it directly.