Author Topic: oldcommers  (Read 4141 times)

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
oldcommers
« on: October 09, 2010, 06:34:07 PM »
I wasn't really sure where to ask this question.I'm not sure how many programs other than the seed and Str8
useed "host" families or oldcommers to house residents. Has anyone ever contacted your old commer after a long time? Did they acknowledge you? I recently found mine (just contact info) and I'm not sure how to approach him.I lived with his family for 3 months. I wonder If his wife and kids even know he once belonged to a cult.Here's a can of worms to chew on, How do I approach this guy?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
?©?€~¥@

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
Re: oldcommers
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 11:20:08 PM »
With a firearm in your back pocket. If it's not loaded with hollow-point and at least .38 caliber, you're doing it wrong.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 10:23:29 AM »
PofDK - what is the matter with you? An oldcomer is just as much a program victim as the newcomer. They just have seniority.

I'd advise a phone call - or maybe a letter. Just say hello - how are you - I have found my experience to have been an abusive mind fuk and have had a hard time forgiving (if this is the case) and I wonder how you feel about it now after all this time? You might be ignored or deluged with pro-program crap and pablum, or you might find you have opened a path to a healing dialog for the both of you.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 04:10:58 PM »
None-ya....shoot me a PM if you're really interested.  I've done it and to one of the people (staff...he was a Senior staff that went to the same school as I did when I came in) who scare shit living shit out of me while I was in there. And in public.  It ended up with his wife crying, yelling at him & hitting him, telling him to listen to me.  He finally did.  It's not like he truly accepted responsibility for what he'd done, but it did make him start to think about things.  And I'm sure it made for an interesting evening at home for him as well.  :nods:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 07:35:57 PM »
In Straight at least 90 percent of the kids in the program would progress to at least second phase at some point, at which point they became "oldcomers". So virtually all of us had newcomers under our control at some point. Some oldcomers were dicks and some were nice. It just depended on the individual. I don't think anybody would have anything particularly bad to say about me. I hated every aspect of the whole thing. I was washed and doing whatever the cult demanded by that point.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 07:49:09 PM »
After I was a newcommer living at home,They talked with my parents about brining a newcomer homewith us. Thank god I was able split when I did. That would have been a diaster for sure. (me sneeking out at night and all). There's no way I could have ever chased anyone down if they bolted, like I tried to do my first week there.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 08:12:57 PM »
for what it's worth, I believe that in these wwasp programs, their level system is strikingly similar to straight inc. One big difference though... Consider what it would be like to be a wwasp newcomer (Level 1), a couple thousand or several thousand miles from home, your parents are being charged 50 cents for your audible farts, and you never leave the compound where you have been sent. Instead of getting that breath of fresh air walking to the host home car, you get to stay in the fart infested company of your fellow newcomers and higher level peers 24/7 until you turn 18 and are not allowed to go home to your family, unless you succumb to the cult and 'progress' to graduation day.

That being said, out of all the programs we 'watched' in the ISAC days, I never heard of another program that used host homes except for pathway family center, safe inc... khk, etc... but remember, those were the ones that took over the treatment arm of the DFAF (straight inc) when it changed its name.
RG
 :cheers:

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 09:19:35 PM »
I opted  for the seed over jail which believe me is a 24 /7 deal , and was actully better than the program.(in the long run)
24/7 progream? = hell.
?©?€~¥@

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 09:56:18 PM »
Yeah some of the oldcomers were more fucked-up than the newcomers.....and some of the families holy fuck, had a cool-aid IV,and enema working whilst they guzzled the shit too. I couldnt take the constant chin music. The only foster Id make time to see would be woof. He had a grip, And his family (unlike mine) didnt scream at each other all the goddamn time.
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 09:15:34 AM »
Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"
With a firearm in your back pocket. If it's not loaded with hollow-point and at least .38 caliber, you're doing it wrong.

if you  really wanna do it up I reccomend 158 grain,semi-jacketed hollow points in a 38. the fbi used that load for decades......and for good reason :nods:

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 04:44:59 PM »
Quote from: "seamus"
Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"

if you  really wanna do it up I reccomend 158 grain,semi-jacketed hollow points in a 38. the fbi used that load for decades......and for good reason :nods:

Thats what i'm screamin about. Take it back old school with a 38 special. All these kids today with their fancy 9mm and 40 cal. Back in my day a good ol Smith and Wesson 38 was all we needed.
 :clown:

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 08:20:34 PM »
personally my preferance is for ruger flat-tops in 44, or 1911 colts, glock model21s  in 45 cool too  i own a 9 but call it my bitch gun. Carried a colt in38 as a back up for years but my issue was a sig 220 in 45. I fuckin LOVE guns.  :nods:

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 11:49:07 AM »
Quote from: "seamus"
personally my preferance is for ruger flat-tops in 44, or 1911 colts, glock model21s  in 45 cool too  i own a 9 but call it my bitch gun. Carried a colt in38 as a back up for years but my issue was a sig 220 in 45. I fuckin LOVE guns.  :nods:

Yeah I love em too. I was just fuckin around in that previous post. I have an ever expanding arsenal myself. Back when I was young and foolish I traded away some spectacular weapons that I really wish I had back now. Mauser 8mm (WW2 german model), Thompson 45, 30cal carbine, AK bullpup, etc. Back then, I would go to a gun show and see something that looked cool so I would trade one of my other guns for it. God, the regrets, I should have kept them all cause the values have increased so much in the last 20 years. Maybe I'll get rich soon and my arsenal will be restored to its former glory. LOL

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 03:22:36 PM »
I would just like to say for the record. That My intent was not to confront my oldcommer with a gun. I don't own guns. idon't like guns. Too many times in my life when I might have shot someone if I had one.I don't care what the tv tells you Violence is never a good option. Hand guns are designed to kill human beings.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 03:31:35 PM »
Not all my oldcomers were pieces of brainwashed crap... A few I would like to confront, however I would have a beer or two with a couple of my old host families...