Author Topic: Komen books removed from college library  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Komen books removed from college library
« on: October 06, 2010, 09:50:02 AM »
How has this country gotten so ridiculous?

http://www.katv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13273873

By Michelle Rupp

Searcy-Administrators at Harding University making the decision to remove items from the campus book store that say Susan G Komen.  This after a student complained.  Representatives from Harding refused to comment on the controversy.  Only to say a female student complained about items in the campus bookstore bearing the name Susan G Komen.

The items, a coffee mug and picture frame, were removed.  Although other pink paraphernalia remains.  A University official said off camera, the student asked for the items to be removed because the Susan G Koman gives money to Planned Parenthood.    Planned Parenthood is known for providing abortions.

Sherrye McBryde, Executive Director of the Arkansas Affiliate of Susan G Komen says that is simply not true.  "I can emphatically say that not one penny of any of Arkansas money or any of komen national money goes to planned parenthood."

The Vice President of Finance, made the decision to take the mug and frame off the shelves.  Students we talked too disagree with the decision.

Cameisha Brewer from Searcy says, "abortion is a choice, people with cancer don't choose to get cancer.  I mean it just happens, they can't control it. I think it's crazy."

"I just think it's ridiculous." says Shayna Nail from California.  "They are supporting a good cause and if they want to provide free mammogram's for people to help prevent cancer then I think that's fine.

Emily Robson from Cabot says, "I feel like regardless of what the money is going towards, even if its not towards abortion, these women still need to be cared for and as Christians our law is to love and that's a misrepresentation of Christ."

The bookstore had a total of five mugs and five frames.  All are in a storage room on campus.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Stonewall

• View Profile
Re: Komen books removed from college library
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 06:36:01 PM »
A person complained.

That will bring a University to their knees.

A University will only fight when they are called out on discrimination against Europeans.

They then will defend their discrimination.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »