Author Topic: Communication with parents  (Read 3056 times)

Offline DannyB ll

• View Profile
Re: Communication with parents
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 08:51:28 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Quote from: "Oz girl"
ASR by its own admission has a teacher sitting listening in to phone calls. It also goes through mail and packages deciding what families can and cant send their kids. This is not free open communication.

Yes this is, your not just going to let your kids get mail and packages sent to your house without getting interested and at some point asking your child what they have there.
Well kids are sent to programs for specific reasons, some of those reasons are not so good, so to make sure they are safe and other children are safe, packages and mail is monitored.
Ya know, I went through Elan back in 1975 and I never had my mail or packages opened, I always got them in the original condition and we all opened them in the dining room. Yes everyone was there to see but I did not feel intimidated. If you got food it was put in the frig with your name, Elan did not like it when parents did this so it did not happen often, maybe around holidays or birthdays. They fed us well enough.
Phone calls to parents were never a question, whether you were doing well or not you got your phone call on your schedule time. Joe even encouraged this believe it or not. He was so arrogant he could care a less about what you said about Elan, he also felt it was important for kids to talk with their parents.
Now I don't know if this happened in all the houses of Elan, there were (5) when I was there, it did happen in the house I was in and the houses I worked at.
Visits by parents were scheduled and very seldom broken. Home visits also happened on schedule. Parents came for groups with there kids.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 08:54:13 PM »
yeah, CEDU we could communicate every two weeks in a 15 minutes phone call, with a staff member present in the room.

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 09:00:49 PM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:54:03 PM by Joel »

Offline DannyB ll

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 09:49:29 PM »
Quote from: "Joel"
We had students monitor our telephone calls at CEDU Rocky Mountain Academy.  The staff were busy "smushing" and their attention was elsewhere.   :D

Till we meet again.  
Recovery is everything you want it to be.
You definitely had a friend here and not just in your posts ether, I genuinely appreciated your thoughts and feelings, you understand. I will miss them Joel.
Till we meet again. God Bless You, Danny.

Offline DannyB ll

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 09:58:47 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB ll"
We had students monitor our telephone calls at CEDU Rocky Mountain Academy.  The staff were busy "smushing" and their attention was elsewhere.   :D

Till we meet again.  
Recovery is everything you want it to be.
You definitely had a friend here and not just in your posts ether, I genuinely appreciated your thoughts and feelings, you understand. I will miss them Joel.
Till we meet again. God Bless You, Danny.

http://absenceofalternatives.com/wp-con ... 00x571.jpg

Offline DannyB ll

• View Profile
Re: If Programs did not exist, I would be dead
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2010, 10:05:14 PM »
Please don't respond to Max's post and refrain from arguing with him.

Why I am responding to you I don't know, yes I know Joel, who doesn't. I am not arguing that you talked with all these people and organizations, what I am arguing is you taking any credit (you bombastic talker) for anything closing. In all actuality they closed themselves and then turned around and re-opened. So what did you accomplish, Zero. I would think that you would be embarrassed to even acknowledge you had anything to do with these type of things This is why it is hard to believe you, Joel