Author Topic: When to use baseball bats on your child?  (Read 868 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
When to use baseball bats on your child?
« on: October 03, 2010, 04:26:54 AM »
I am still just a stranger to a number of aspects in your culture.

If your child is having a rage, when is it allowed to use a baseball bat on the child.

From Need advice for Satanica's placement options - could get quite wordy - a thread on Conduct disorders

Satanica had an escalation, trying to get the stupid cell phone back, in which she stood outside our bedroom door, screaming, pounding and even squealing like a two year old, until I finally snapped and went after her with a baseball bat. I put it through her bedroom door several times and it took every single drop of strength I had to keep from caving her cranium in. It was a real breaking point for everyone.
I am only asking about the use of baseball bat. I am not trying to comment on the choice of nickname for the child. Neither am I seeking whether a group home would be a better choice for this teenager as alternative for her to wear a helmet so she has a mean of protection against the discipline method of the adoptive parents.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
Re: When to use baseball bats on your child?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 04:28:55 AM »
They are making use of the Easter Seals in Michigan. Here is their homepage. The step-parent wants a tougher program.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 03:23:00 PM »
Quote from: "Oscar"
I am still just a stranger to a number of aspects in your culture.

If your child is having a rage, when is it allowed to use a baseball bat on the child.

From Need advice for Satanica's placement options - could get quite wordy - a thread on Conduct disorders

Satanica had an escalation, trying to get the stupid cell phone back, in which she stood outside our bedroom door, screaming, pounding and even squealing like a two year old, until I finally snapped and went after her with a baseball bat. I put it through her bedroom door several times and it took every single drop of strength I had to keep from caving her cranium in. It was a real breaking point for everyone.
I am only asking about the use of baseball bat. I am not trying to comment on the choice of nickname for the child. Neither am I seeking whether a group home would be a better choice for this teenager as alternative for her to wear a helmet so she has a mean of protection against the discipline method of the adoptive parents.

I believe it may seem strange to many  people from Europe to hear these stories because here in America it is common to have a baseball bat hanging around in the hallway, especially if you have kids.  I think if the article had said she used a "Cricket Bat" to break down the door you may have been able to relate more easily.  It is just a cultural difference I think.

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 03:31:47 PM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:37:27 PM by Joel »

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 12:32:41 AM »
If I filled my healthy but of course like every other moody children Abilify, Prozac and Kepra, they will become Satanica for sure. The sideeffects of this medicine cocktail could explain half the behaviors she shows.

When Satanica is hospitalized soo often, then one of the hospitals should try to pull a "Lindsay Lohan UCLA" and remove all medication in a safe environment just to see what happens. It could be fun if she functioned better without medication.