Author Topic: Why all the sudden a change on Fornits  (Read 9361 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Why all the sudden a change on Fornits
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2010, 01:50:48 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
Why the fuck are you quoting everything, douche?

This one sentence, posted outside of the open free for all, would result in two rule violations.

2. Don't derail threads by changing the topic. Start a new topic. Derailing is considered to be failure to adhere to the parameters or topic set by the original poster in the original/first post (ex: posting about apples in an orange thread, posting in a plumbers thread when the original post specified plumbers only)

6. No attacking other posters with insults (this includes driving parents off). You can make your point with civility. Responding to an insult with an insult is not a justification.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2010, 04:25:02 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

This one sentence, posted outside of the open free for all, would result in two rule violations.

2. Don't derail threads by changing the topic. Start a new topic. Derailing is considered to be failure to adhere to the parameters or topic set by the original poster in the original/first post (ex: posting about apples in an orange thread, posting in a plumbers thread when the original post specified plumbers only)

6. No attacking other posters with insults (this includes driving parents off). You can make your point with civility. Responding to an insult with an insult is not a justification.

OFFA is not under the dictatorships as open forum... there are no rules to protect anyone in this forum... OFFA stands for "Open Free For All" which means you can say what you want... You have to sign in to OFFA which protects this for open speach.. If you have a problem go cry to Admin..  :twofinger:

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2010, 04:30:11 PM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
OFFA is not under the dictatorships as open forum... there are no rules to protect anyone in this forum... OFFA stands for "Open Free For All" which means you can say what you want... You have to sign in to OFFA which protects this for open speach.. If you have a problem go cry to Admin..  :twofinger:

I know, right??

Who is this cunt guest, anyway?

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2010, 04:41:56 PM »
seamus wrote;
"fuck me runnin."

Not if you were standin' still,old man.
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2010, 04:45:57 PM »
Guest wrote;
Responding to an insult with an insult is not a justification.

I suggest you go back and read the "you're an idiot" thread!
?©?€~¥@

Offline Whoooter

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2010, 05:28:23 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

Thats Right........................... :beat:  :beat:  :rocker:  :rocker:

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2010, 10:30:11 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
Guest wrote;
Responding to an insult with an insult is not a justification.

I suggest you go back and read the "you're an idiot" thread!

:rofl:

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2010, 02:44:57 PM »
im gonna yack.
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2010, 05:47:52 PM »
seamus wrote;
"fuck me runnin."

Not if you were standin' still,old man.

How about if your running in place, does that count. Like say on a treadmill, ooooohhhh try that old man. Or not. I bet you could not keep up.  :seg2:

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2010, 11:51:02 PM »
In my humble opinion it seems as though things have gotten to light on the pro-program shill and harder on the people who are against it... I see where Fornits ask to help with operating costs... and I see where it is $70.00 over paid... Makes me think that Whooter is the one who is footing the bill and hence all the new rules... Just food for thought... If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck... Just might be a duck !!!! [/color]
Whooter has not donated.  Though it would probably be nice given how much he uses the forum.  You really think Ginger and I would do that?  Shit.  Some people really are cynical but I understand where you're coming from.  I can't reveal who has donated but I can tell you that policy decisions are not made on the basis of who donates what.  The decision was simply made because things needed to change.  I explained why back then.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2010, 11:56:15 PM »
I wonder if maxine contributed any money. Mr. administrator seems to like to handle her with kid gloves.
Him (pretty sure) and no, he did not contribute either.  All this speculation on who donated what is pretty irrelevant anyway.  If I wanted to I could pay the Fornits bill myself but since we all share this site it only makes sense we all pay.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2010, 11:59:29 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
In my humble opinion it seems as though things have gotten to light on the pro-program shill and harder on the people who are against it... I see where Fornits ask to help with operating costs... and I see where it is $70.00 over paid... Makes me think that Whooter is the one who is footing the bill and hence all the new rules... Just food for thought... If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck... Just might be a duck !!!! [/color]

So back to the original post, Botched.  How do the new rules favor pro-program people?  I could they favor me?  If I relied on posting under various aliases then how does this favor me?

The particular rule Whooter is referring to was designed to prevent what he's talking about.  He's right about that.  But he's wrong that it hinders him. He didn't rely on sockpuppetry, and he could still use proxies if he wanted to.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2010, 12:02:43 AM »
If I could donate anonymously I would donate to the site.

There is no way to make an anonymous electronic payment. The main reason is that a system that supported such practices would become a money laundering haven. There is no such thing as anonymous when it comes to electronic transactions. Someone is accountable at every step of the process, in Paypal, and every other system.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2010, 12:22:09 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
Whooter has not donated.  Though it would probably be nice given how much he uses the forum.  You really think Ginger and I would do that?  Shit.  Some people really are cynical but I understand where you're coming from.  I can't reveal who has donated but I can tell you that policy decisions are not made on the basis of who donates what.  The decision was simply made because things needed to change.  I explained why back then.
Some folks still seem to be in the dark as to the "why" of that decision, fwiw...
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2010, 12:36:24 AM »
I tried setting up an account using a proxy from South East Asia but the link redirects me to the paypal account to check my IP (location).  It compares my IP with my home address and rejects the payment if they do not match.  So it kept failing.

So tried to make a payment to one of my businesses by using a proxy from Vietnam and the proxy location they gave me was a city named “Hoi an” so I googled the city and found a hotel and address and used that as my residence and country of origin and their phone number of the hotel.  I then used a bank of America virtual credit card and entered a fake name and sent myself $200.

I received my code #### in a day or two which indicated that my payment went through.  So I think I found a way to send money through paypal and if they conduct an internal audit there will be no trace back to me with the exception of the identification code on the virtual credit card which only traces back to a local Walmart Store.