Author Topic: Another "you're a liar no i'm not" thread  (Read 2900 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Another "you're a liar no i'm not" thread
« on: September 28, 2010, 11:24:57 AM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
In other words, you can't support your assertion. Color me shocked.

and you misquoted me just to be rude... what else is new.

I didn't misquote you. I quoted exactly what you said it it's entirety.  It's there for everyone to read.  I may have misinterpreted what you meant to say, but at least I had the integrity  to link to where I thought you said putting a hotline in programs was a bad idea because the operator might talk dirty to the kids.  You, on the other hand, have absolutely nothing to back up what you said that I posted because I never said anything remotely like that.

You're very good at tap-dancing around issues.  Smells like a marketer.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Dead, insane, or in jail (recovering from low expectatio
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 11:34:41 AM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Anne, your contradicting yourself again, you were the lightweight of the group remember, they don't die.

I'm not contradicting myself, you are.  I had no business being in there because I was a lightweight.  Why would a lightweight need such a harsh program?   Even thought I was a lightweight, they told my parents that I would DIE if they didn't admit me.  That's my point.  Kids who don't need programs like Straight were admitted anyway.  I'm not understanding your point.  But that's pretty standard as your comprehension is horrible.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Dead, insane, or in jail (general discussion)
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 11:39:32 AM »

I didn't misquote you. I quoted exactly what you said it it's entirety.

No, you didnt, Anne.  Again you lie

Here is what you said:

Whooter thinks having an abuse hotline in programs is a bad idea because the hotline operator might talk dirty to the kids.

Link

Here is what I said:

The guy on the abuse hot line could talk dirty to the kids also, but it is highly unlikely.

Link

Then after you misquoted me I explained what I meant by the comment.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 11:53:13 AM »

I could look at the cars built in the 1940's and those of today and say  "Look people are still dying in auto accidents, they have 4 wheels and a windshield  etc." so nothing has changed.  It is a good argument.  But if you take a closer look at todays cars auto safety has improved and this fact should be recognized.

Actually, I'm seeing more deaths from programs than I did back then and places that were worse than Straight, which I didn't think I'd ever see.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 11:58:14 AM »

I could look at the cars built in the 1940's and those of today and say  "Look people are still dying in auto accidents, they have 4 wheels and a windshield  etc." so nothing has changed.  It is a good argument.  But if you take a closer look at todays cars auto safety has improved and this fact should be recognized.

Actually, I'm seeing more deaths from programs than I did back then and places that were worse than Straight, which I didn't think I'd ever see.

Exactly!!  There are more auto deaths, also, then there were in the 40's.  But that is because there are more people driving today.  So auto safety can improve but the numbers can still rise if more people participate.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 12:01:46 PM »

I didn't misquote you. I quoted exactly what you said it it's entirety.

No, you didnt, Anne.  Again you lie

Here is what you said:

Whooter thinks having an abuse hotline in programs is a bad idea because the hotline operator might talk dirty to the kids.

Link

Here is what I said:

The guy on the abuse hot line could talk dirty to the kids also, but it is highly unlikely.

Link

Then after you misquoted me I explained what I meant by the comment.

Even so....again, you asked me for a link so I at least posted what I thought was you opposing hotlines because the operator might talk dirty to the kids.  I may have been wrong, but at least I backed up what I said and had the integrity to post the link I where I thought you said it.  You, apparently, have no integrity as you haven't (because you can't) produced the link where you thought I said anything close to what you said I did.

Just admit this once that you fucked up and got caught.

Again.....shows your mindset.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 12:05:03 PM »

Exactly!!  There are more auto deaths, also, then there were in the 40's.  But that is because there are more people driving today.  So auto safety can improve but the numbers can still rise if more people participate.

Cars don't have to advertise the need for their product.  Programs do.

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 12:07:43 PM »
More children die from swimming pool drains than in programs. I'm not saying that a kid dying in a program isn't a big deal, but it's also important to have some perspective. When you are talking about an industry dealing with tens of thousands of kids, a rogue staff might sneak their way into the system and take advantage of it and be mean to kids and physically harm them, or just not do their job and be neglectful and harm them by accident.

Thousands of kids every year die of suicide. That means all of those parents found out their teenager decided to take their own life, many of those parents are the one's who find the dead kid hanging in their closet, or some other gruesome scenario. It's easy to get caught up in how dangerous programs seem on fornits, but there is a lot of other dangers facing troubled teens today, that statistically speaking, are much more dangerous to the well being of a child than being in a treatment program. If your troubled teen is using drugs, and driving around with their friends while intoxicated, what is more likely that they will die in a DUI (accidents in the top 3 leading cause of death of teens, along with suicide) or that they will be killed in the program you send them to? We all know the answer to that, and parents have to make these calculations and it's not a surprise they come down on the side of caution and choose treatment rather than fearing the rare event of program violence, and rightfully fearing the end result of a troubled teen which can commonly be, death , jail or even institutionalization. This is where this statement comes from, it's not a cliche if it's true.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 12:10:35 PM »

I didnt fuck up and get caught, Anne,  I told you that every-time you misquote or lie about what I say I will play the same game with you.  (Even if Ursus comes to help cover your tracks with his double standard).

Why do you feel justified in saying stuff about people that isnt true, but you get upset when you get the same in return?

Just treat people the way you want to be treated.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 12:21:17 PM »
Ha,Ha,Ha.  Whooter caught red-handed again lying and altering people's quotes.  Who woulda thunk it??
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 12:24:11 PM »
Quote from: "Troll Control"
Ha,Ha,Ha.  Whooter caught red-handed again lying and altering people's quotes.  Who woulda thunk it??

Actually it was Anne.   Dont rub it in, it was a misquote on her part and she already admitted to it.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 12:27:25 PM »

I didnt fuck up and get caught, Anne,  I told you that every-time you misquote or lie about what I say I will play the same game with you.  (Even if Ursus comes to help cover your tracks with his double standard).

Why do you feel justified in saying stuff about people that isnt true, but you get upset when you get the same in return?

Just treat people the way you want to be treated.

What I did was misinterpret what you actually wrote, in your opinion, but at least I provided a link to the 'questionable' post.  You pulled what you thought I said completely out of your ass (to be rude), which is why you can't even come up with a quote to where you even think I said what you claim I did.

What about changing Ursus' quotes to make it appear that he was questioning me instead of you?  Face it dude.....you're caught.  Again.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 12:30:39 PM »
Ok.  Anne, Troll Control, RB, DJ.  You're all getting a little off topic here.  Whooter's lying is the topic of many other threads.  When you're writing a post, think whether it relates to the title of the thread or the OP's writing/questions.  If it doesn't, take it to a more appropriate thread or start a new one.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 12:35:08 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
Ok.  Anne, Troll Control, RB, DJ.  You're all getting a little off topic here.  Whooter's lying is the topic of many other threads.  When you're writing a post, think whether it relates to the title of the thread or the OP's writing/questions.  If it doesn't, take it to a more appropriate thread or start a new one.

I'm fine with that as long as everyone plays by the rules, but Whooter intentionally (IMO) posts lies and then we can't respond because it's "off topic".  It's very frustrating and he knows it.  That's his MO to derail threads.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 12:38:13 PM »
Quote from: "psy"

I'm fine with that as long as everyone plays by the rules, but Whooter intentionally (IMO) posts lies and then we can't respond because it's "off topic".  It's very frustrating and he knows it.  That's his MO to derail threads.

This should be titled "Anne Bonneys lies"...  Anne you are the one who was lying about what I said.  Nice try though:

Anne said: I didn't misquote you. I quoted exactly what you said it it's entirety.
Link

But the evidence proves otherwise.

Anne said:  Whooter thinks having an abuse hotline in programs is a bad idea because the hotline operator might talk dirty to the kids.

Link

I actually said: The guy on the abuse hot line could talk dirty to the kids also, but it is highly unlikely.

Link

Plus if you take the time to read the original discussion you will see what my intention was in making that comment.