Poll

Do you like the new, moderated version of fornits better?

Yes
13 (50%)
No
12 (46.2%)
I\'m not sure yet
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: September 27, 2010, 03:31:59 PM

Author Topic: Is fornits better now that it's moderated?  (Read 12991 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Is fornits better now that it's moderated?
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2010, 08:13:43 AM »
I don’t think anyone enjoyed logging onto fornits and reading hours of TheWho is a liar, TheWho is John Reuben etc.  No one really cares and if they do they can opt into the free for all thread.  

Think about it from a new person’s perspective that comes to fornits.  How long will they stay if they read about posters threatening to expose each other, posting IP numbers and writing emails to their family members to blackmail them into changing their posts.   That is really harsh if you are a first time poster.
Most of this has died down and those who came to forints primarily for the drama, trolling and not contributing anything substantial have pretty much disappeared, have not visited as often or have moved to the “Free for all section”.

It is a much safer forum.  Change takes time to embrace but I think you will see more newcomers once the threats and fighting have subsided.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2010, 10:47:07 AM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
opting in is a pain in the ass

Yes.

Offline Watchful Yeoman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2010, 11:00:17 AM »
Worse, without doubt.
"The ricketty and scrofulous little wretch who first sees the light in a work-house, or in a brothel, and who feels the effects of alcohol before the effects of vital air, is not equal in any respect to the ruddy offspring of the honest yeoman; nay, I will go further, and say that a prince, provided he is no better born than royal blood will make him, is not equal to the healthy son of a peasant." [/i]

-John Randolph

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2010, 03:09:04 PM »
I believe moderation is good to discourage impersonation, whereabouts, lying, blackmail, and malevolent acts.

But as a whole, the culture and character of Fornits in terms of providing a safe harbor for survivors has eroded since 2006, but ...

The Ultimate Con Artist got exactly what he wanted...  Moderated or unmoderated, this place is more defined by an industry shill than it ever was before.   Fornits should change its name to the Whootie and the Suck Fish show.

I guess one could argue that responding to Whoot fuels the whole Whoot centered culture, but it is hard to ignore someone whose express purpose is to derail a whole site.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2010, 03:55:39 PM »
Quote from: "Samara"
I believe moderation is good to discourage impersonation, whereabouts, lying, blackmail, and malevolent acts.

But as a whole, the culture and character of Fornits in terms of providing a safe harbor for survivors has eroded since 2006, but ...

The Ultimate Con Artist got exactly what he wanted...  Moderated or unmoderated, this place is more defined by an industry shill than it ever was before.   Fornits should change its name to the Whootie and the Suck Fish show.

I guess one could argue that responding to Whoot fuels the whole Whoot centered culture, but it is hard to ignore someone whose express purpose is to derail a whole site.

:tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2010, 05:24:03 PM »
Quote from: "Samara"

Why are you continuing the attacks, Samara?  I made an honest attempt to explain why I had other user names.

Typically the ones who are so tough on others is because they hold the traits that they hate so much.  Samara claims to have been posting since before 2006 but her Avatar shows she just joined May of this year.  So either she is lying about having been posting here since 2005 or she has been posting as a guest and multiple log in names.  Now that we have the moderated forum she is forced to log in under one name and she chose "Samara".  But you could have been many of the other names who have been trolling me for years,  Hmmm,  which actually makes sense seeing the anger you have towards me.  All those impersonations, lying and accepting or participating in Blackmail is starting to eat away at you and you cannot stand being just one person.

I think this is why you are so pissed off at me is because like Dysfunction Junction and Bruce your ability to troll has been severely cut back, but it is obvious that you still cannot control your need to attack people even if it means exposing your dark side which use to be your other sock puppets.

Interesting that it finally fits together, the pot calling the Kettle Black.

You can change you name to Samara but you cant change your ways.  Your unrelenting attacks on me is what gave you away.  You screwed up, Samara.  You are two faced and you just got "outed".

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 06:12:47 PM »
Yes, it is very intimidating and frustrating for the Fornits Elite, the trolling is over, no more sock puppetry, everyone has been "outed" or will be. We are on equal footing with them and they can not stand it.
So now it is Fornits sucks, were being hog tied, vital information is being confused/lost, bla bla bla.
IMO it is pretty simple, stop playing games here and this whole moderation thing should work out well for ya. Psy moderation experiment is very straight forward, it is meant to stop the manipulations of posters on threads, also to safeguard members here from unwarranted attacks and to encourage parents and kids to share here in a protective environment.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 07:22:23 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Yes, it is very intimidating and frustrating for the Fornits Elite, the trolling is over, no more sock puppetry, everyone has been "outed" or will be. We are on equal footing with them and they can not stand it.
So now it is Fornits sucks, were being hog tied, vital information is being confused/lost, bla bla bla.
IMO it is pretty simple, stop playing games here and this whole moderation thing should work out well for ya. Psy moderation experiment is very straight forward, it is meant to stop the manipulations of posters on threads, also to safeguard members here from unwarranted attacks and to encourage parents and kids to share here in a protective environment.

:tup:

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2010, 01:31:49 AM »
I hope that admin realizes that with all these new screwed up new rules it is detering the long time campaigners against the abusive program industry.. To be honest it seems as though Fornits has been bought out by an industry shill.. May as well put up a sign on the login page... "Under new ownership"... It is like taking a biker bar and turning it into a piano bar... ::puke::

To all my fellow friends who hate the industry just send me an IM and I will send you my email address and we can communicate that way. I am just going to sit back and be quiet and hope for a change back to a real equal footing, but we all know it's not going to happen... SELL OUTS !!!

Sincerely Botched

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2010, 08:07:27 AM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
I hope that admin realizes that with all these new screwed up new rules it is detering the long time campaigners against the abusive program industry.. To be honest it seems as though Fornits has been bought out by an industry shill.. May as well put up a sign on the login page... "Under new ownership"... It is like taking a biker bar and turning it into a piano bar... ::puke::

To all my fellow friends who hate the industry just send me an IM and I will send you my email address and we can communicate that way. I am just going to sit back and be quiet and hope for a change back to a real equal footing, but we all know it's not going to happen... SELL OUTS !!!

Sincerely Botched

Everyone is on equal ground, how does that give anyone person or group an advantage?  Did you rely on multiple logins like most others here and now find your power stripped away?  Do you need to reduce yourself to name calling or ganging up on people to be effective?

Its still a biker bar, Botched, but you just cant bust up the windows and break the bar stools anymore.  Have a little respect for the forum.  You can still curse, drink and spit on the floor but you cant call in your gang of cronies to beat up on one guy who disagrees with you because he doesn’t ride a Harley.  Just ignore him and let him drink and speak his mind and speak your own mind.

All they are asking is to take the fight outside in the streets (Offa) so you dont disrupt the other peoples discussion.

Everyone is allowed their opinion as it should be.  I dont see where there is a clear advantage for any one group with the new rules.  Can you explain further?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2010, 10:29:17 AM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
It is a much safer forum.
Really? For whom?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2010, 10:35:04 AM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
It is a much safer forum.
Really? For whom?

I think for everyone.  If you take away all the attacks on each other it becomes a safer place to open up and share your thoughts.  Think of as walking into a building where once inside you see people beating the crap out of each other with blood everywhere.  It wouldnt matter to the person walking in what the issue was that caused the fight.  The fight itself would be enough to deter the person from staying longer or returning again.

Look at the main forum, Ursus, the discussion are more cordial and the attacks are subtle and rare.  Once people become accustomed to speaking this way again (myself included) it will continue to get better and better.

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2010, 11:15:20 AM »
Once again I must say this place has become a piano bar.. Like it is owned by an industy shill.. It use to be a place where I could say pretty much what I wanted to about the bullshit that the industy does and be honest about the abuse that goes on in programs... But now it is like Pro-program people are the only ones who can say or do what they like...And again I have to say that Fornits sold out to the industry shills... Just my opinion.. Hope you guys like the new playground... And one further thought is the way it is being run is exactally the way a program does the children... Don't say nothing about the abuse here or you will be punished....... SELL OUTS !!!!!

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2010, 11:25:31 AM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
Once again I must say this place has become a piano bar.. Like it is owned by an industy shill.. It use to be a place where I could say pretty much what I wanted to about the bullshit that the industy does and be honest about the abuse that goes on in programs... But now it is like Pro-program people are the only ones who can say or do what they like...And again I have to say that Fornits sold out to the industry shills... Just my opinion.. Hope you guys like the new playground... And one further thought is the way it is being run is exactally the way a program does the children... Don't say nothing about the abuse here or you will be punished....... SELL OUTS !!!!!
:waaaa:  :waaaa:  :waaaa:

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2010, 12:04:20 AM »
I definitely prefer this version better.  I have found it a little difficult to shake off my old ways of being defensive on one hand and attacking the trolls who were constantly on me.  Being constantly attacked and having people trying to figure out my identity and expose it changed the way I interacted here on fornits.  The whole John Reuben thing was getting pretty intense there for awhile and the desperation to bring it to closure was making DJ a little crazy.

Now that the rules have changed Dysfunction Junction’s attacks have subsided and RobertBruce has been mostly confined to the “OFFA” forum.

Bottom line is that it has forced people to be more cordial to one another which lays the ground work for a healthier conversation and makes it safer for people to open up.  I am hoping that we start to see more program parents and kids who had good experiences join the forum and stick around for more than a day or 2.  This would balance out the conversations here.

You know what I find priceless is how your screaming victim...I sat back and watched you insult people left and right but yet your the wounded one.I think you add to a huge problem here on Fornits because your in a fantasyland of the righteous. Oh you get attack my big fat behind..you instigate the hell out of many and run like a puss when they stand up to you. You need to grow up and stop donating money to fornits.  :beat:
"A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle."
Kahlil Gibran