Author Topic: Psalm 69  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Psalm 69
« on: September 27, 2010, 08:51:58 AM »
Save me, O God! For the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in deep mud, where there is no foothold; I have come into deep waters, and the flood sweeps over me. My eyes grow dim with waiting for my God. More in number than the hairs of my head are those who hate me without cause; mighty are those who would destroy me, those who attack me with lies. What I did not steal must I now restore? For it is for Your sake that I have borne reproach, that shame has covered my face. I have become a stranger, an alien to my mother's sons. For zeal for Your house has consumed me, and the insults of those who insult You have fallen on me. When I humbled my soul with fasting, it became my reproach.  When I made sackcloth my clothing, I became their laughingstock. I am the talk of those who sit in the gate, and the drunkards make songs about me. Rescue me from sinking in the mire; let me be delivered from my enemies and from the deep waters. Let not the flood sweep over me, or the deep swallow me up, or the pit close its mouth over me. You know my reproach, and my shame and my dishonor; my foes are all known to thee. Their insults have broken my heart...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »