Author Topic: Dead, insane, or in jail (general discussion)  (Read 13519 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
-- REALITY CHECK --
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 12:21:52 AM »
No offense to anyone, but I still suspect there's more to the picture than meets the eye here; I think Max (formerly known as SUCK_IT) is actually a program parent posting as a "program kid." Of course he/she will deny this to the end, but something just doesn't smell right about a lot of the posts made by this person (that is, the ones that "Max" doesn't go back and delete...... ::) )
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Samara

• View Profile
Re: Dead, insane, or in jail
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 12:46:47 AM »
I agree something is fishy. Nothing seems quite authentic.. it's off somehow.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
Re: -- REALITY CHECK --
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2010, 02:17:02 AM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
No offense to anyone, but I still suspect there's more to the picture than meets the eye here; I think Max (formerly known as SUCK_IT) is actually a program parent posting as a "program kid." Of course he/she will deny this to the end, but something just doesn't smell right about a lot of the posts made by this person (that is, the ones that "Max" doesn't go back and delete...... ::) )

I agree.  The the vernacular is not that of some stoner kid. Although "it's" never been specific, Max writes like a woman.
Writting in the second hand of hypotheticals and what ifs. It can't get in to too many specifics because it never really lived it. Just a few handed down anecdotal tid bits ,like the cake and candy bar stories( pretty heady inside stuff) This sounds like a neurotic mother looking for validation for having sent her kid away. Either way nothing it says adds up at all.
"More majic mushrooms please!"
?©?€~¥@

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2010, 03:22:03 AM »
Maybe we should get a writing and speaking test targeting survivors to ensure authenticity.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2010, 04:03:16 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Maybe we should get a writing and speaking test targeting survivors to ensure authenticity.

And of course oyu can't possibly do that,so everything read here has to be treated with scepticism at the very least.
Can't we all tell when we meet another survivor even on line? Do you really get that from Max sucks?
?©?€~¥@

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2010, 05:35:23 AM »
He's on my foe list, I don't get bupkis from him.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2010, 05:41:43 AM »
I've never messed with the friend or foe list . What exactly does that do anyway?
?©?€~¥@

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2010, 06:03:45 AM »
This post was made by Maximilian who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2010, 10:02:22 AM »
y'all get back on topic now, ya here.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2010, 10:14:58 AM »
Back on topic ? ok I'll try.
1). I'm still alive (barely)
2).I'm still sane (barely)
3).I'm still free (barely)
 How many program graduates are not so lucky?
How many of them are either dead, insane, or in jail because of thier program?
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010, 10:17:18 AM »
See,the program taught me how to say exactly what you want to hear.
Luv ya!
Can I have another sandwich please?
?©?€~¥@

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 10:36:52 AM »
From what I have read here there are many kids who were placed in programs to avoid going to jail or juvy.  I have also read a few posters who claim the programs saved their lives, so I think the phrase does hold some credence.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2010, 10:41:23 AM »
Quote from: Whooter
From what I have read here there are many kids who were placed in programs to avoid going to jail or juvy.  I have also read a few posters who claim the programs saved their lives, so I think the phrase does hold some credence.

Other than Max suck , then who?
?©?€~¥@

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2010, 11:53:12 AM »
I've been thinking this over lately - the dead or in jail thing.  I've tried to think of a program kid I know who didn't spend a little (or a lot) of time in jail after the program. I can't think of even one. Now, I am sure there are a lot of them - but the point is, there are also a lot of these kids who end up in jail even after all that time and effort and cash (and hunger, sleep deprivation, emotional, sexual abuse and or intimidation, and good old fashion brutality) and heres the kicker - most say after the program jail is a piece of cake. After a program, jail looses a good deal of its deterrent factor. So, for the parent hoping to keep their kid out of jail, they couldn't make a worse decision. All they're doing is delaying it until they are adults, which will result in a record that will hinder education and employment opportunities.  I'd advise getting jail and prosecution and conviction, with reasonably natural consequences that result, out of the way during their minority in the hope it will be unpleasant enough to motivate better thinking as young adults but will produce no permanent record to hinder them in future.  Of course I am not saying jail isn't a big deal or that one shouldn't do what they reasonably can as a parent to keep their kid out of that kind of trouble - but I am saying the programs just make the probability nearly an inevitability and the consequences will be more serious.

As for death - this is the really terrifying thing from a parents perspective. It seems like a very real possibility. The fear is palatable. Crushing. Stressful beyond words. The programs do seem like a way to keep the kid alive until they have time to grow up some and mature out of the more extreme behaviors. But sadly, death is a reality in the programs too - and far more possible than your average parent could ever dream. And then you have the post-program causalities list, which is very long and sad. So, the programs are no answer to this worry either. And they know it.

But they have a line that cuts directly into a parents deepest fears, making it a very effective tool for manipulation, and they use it liberally.

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 12:02:41 PM »
Quote from: "BuzzKill"
The programs do seem like a way to keep the kid alive until they have time to grow up some and mature out of the more extreme behaviors.

This is all my parents ever wanted from the program they told me when I got home. I had already accomplished the insane and jail part before setting foot in a private program, and was quickly on the path to the third option without a care about myself or how this impacted my family. This isn't something I'm very proud of now, but I actually enjoyed the thought of causing my family deep pain with my own death, so it wasn't something I was trying to avoid. I was actively pursuing it with a mixture of anger and carelessness, and would have accomplished that goal had I not been forced into a private program for a while. I don't think it's abusive to lock a kid up when they have proven they are intent on destroying themselves. I wasn't in a rational frame of mind then, and would have never consented to it. So if private programs did not exist, I would have surely died. That's why I say the program saved my life, because it's true. They saved my life, against my own wishes, which makes it all the more pathetic, but at least there are people out there who will do this for parents. I think the option is a tool that some parents need. Perhaps parents use it unnecessarily out of fear, but if the option didn't exist at all, it would probably cost many more lives than are lost inside of programs, which is also sad.