Author Topic: The Mormons are Coming ... to a theater near you!  (Read 9017 times)

Offline anon

• View Profile
The Mormons are Coming ... to a theater near you!
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2003, 11:28:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: imo on 2004-01-06 08:27 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2003, 11:50:00 PM »
On 2003-10-12 20:28:00, KarenZ wrote:

"Anon writes: //Ok, so you will chew apart another religion but you won't talk about yours because, "it's just not the place for it" Or maybe you just don't want to be subject to religious persecution.//

I have not chewed apart anything. All I have done, and this is a fact, is state what the founders of the LDS have proclaimed as Truth.

I did, on one post, give an opinion, but admitted it was just that.

When a Mormon anon said they'd like to read up and further their understanding, I made some resources available.

I have been very clear, I have nothing against anyone; and nothing I've written has in any way been persecution. Look up persecution, will ya, if you doubt this.

As for my own faith - there is nothing I enjoy more than a good open minded debate. No one has any doubt of my general leanings; its not something I am secretive about. I've recently been called a Bible thumper somewhere on this Forum. It just isn't a subject appropriate to this forum. This forum is about the teen 'help' industry.  

Now Mormonism is - b/c it is so enmeshed with WWASP; And is the subject of this link and a few others.

"

There are something like 11 million Mormons now, not counting the FLDS (fundamentalist latter-day-saints) spread across the U.S., Canada and Mexico where they can practice polygamy with relative immunity from prosecution by the federal government.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2003, 12:54:00 AM »
On 2003-10-12 20:28:00, KarenZ wrote:

"Anon writes: //Ok, so you will chew apart another religion but you won't talk about yours because, "it's just not the place for it" Or maybe you just don't want to be subject to religious persecution.//

I have not chewed apart anything. All I have done, and this is a fact, is state what the founders of the LDS have proclaimed as Truth.

I did, on one post, give an opinion, but admitted it was just that.

When a Mormon anon said they'd like to read up and further their understanding, I made some resources available.

I have been very clear, I have nothing against anyone; and nothing I've written has in any way been persecution. Look up persecution, will ya, if you doubt this.

As for my own faith - there is nothing I enjoy more than a good open minded debate. No one has any doubt of my general leanings; its not something I am secretive about. I've recently been called a Bible thumper somewhere on this Forum. It just isn't a subject appropriate to this forum. This forum is about the teen 'help' industry.  

Now Mormonism is - b/c it is so enmeshed with WWASP; And is the subject of this link and a few others.

"
  Barf!!! What an excuse for posting all that junk. So, you would like a good open minded debate about your religion? Just as open minded as this one??? Ya, right!! By the way do you deny starting this thread as an anonymous?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2003, 10:53:00 AM »
An anon asks:
//By the way do you deny starting this thread as an anonymous?//

I certinly do. I never post anonomus except by accedent.

As for the open minded debate - you bet your sweet bippi I would enjoy it - You have my address, lets have at it.

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2003, 12:03:00 PM »
asking to be taken off the of the church rolls.  It had nothing to do with what I have read here...it has everything to do with not believing the mormon speak and beliefs any more.  I joined the Mormon church in college.  At the time, it did help me to get closer to God than I had ever had been before (I was raised Catholic), but as time went on (16 years), I realized that I believed less and less of the teachings.  I put that in my letter to the Bishop adn I let him know my displeasure with the Mormom Church and members support fot the WWASP programs.   Writing that letter was really fantastic and gave me a bit of freedom...wish I had written a similar one to that asshole Miller Newton, but since he reads these sites, I am sure he understands my feelings.  Go to hell Miller!

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2003, 01:38:00 PM »
I'm going to read the book since I don/t pretend to understand the religion very well - its just that what I've seen of it so far turns me off to it.

Asking me to be more precise is a valid request. I would say that I dislike the Kings and/or Gods concept, but mostly I dislike the reproducion of children on a scale that would appear to be exploitive of the earth. I believe large families produce still larger numbers of children that consume scarce resources faster than they can be renewed - causing the less fornunate to starve. Also, I believe that this is unethical in a world where many have little or nothing. Further, the whole notion of kings in the afterlife (but not women) is a repugnant as the origonal statement by that Mormon prophet fellow (what's his name?) that blacks are the "seeds of satan." I know, he withdrew this statement after a prophetic vision, but a lot of people in the South had the same "vision" a bit to late. Call me judgemental of this religion. I am, (and this is definately a judgement), not a problem to me. I see this Mormon (LDS) movement as cultish, unethical, controlling, and power hungry, But,I defend your right to believe in it and defend the right to practice it - even that Racist Christian identity crap if you like it. I don't and I think it is more full of crap than Mormonism - so condem me for that religious persecution while you are at it, and, perhaps you will see the illogic of your line of reasioning. It is not the 50's, but a lot of what LDS does is like it. So, I would just recomend not subjucating women, admitting to past subjigation of minorities, current discrimination of gays, even a policy against mastrubation, monitoring the sex lives of ,arried couples, accountability for interfering generally in the private lives of belivers, and, environmantal responsibity per reproduction -- i.e. birth control.

Most of all, I would suggest a more open intelectual tradition that is inclusive of more scientific dialouge and free thought on issues such as modern astronomy, particle physics, quantum mechanics and biological evolution.

But, we all have the right to believe and practice as we choose. We don't, however, have the right to expect or demand the silence of critics such as myself  :smile: (free speech). Here is some. "I don't care for religious fundamentalism in general, I'm not ashamed of saying so, and, I have as much right to say so as mormons do to knock on my door and try to sell me that cultish social control crap."  :smile:

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2003, 01:58:00 PM »
I wrote the first piece as annon -- on this thread. But bring on the fire and brimston, the torches and the, hate to Karen - Make her hate. Turn her into a zealot.

No, come after me. Yes I have experienced the tyranny of WWASP. I saw the tyranny in the south with black folks, the tyranny against jewish folks and gays in the northwest and the tyranny in the behavior modification boarding schools by mormon staff. But rememberm we have a rule -"burn the witch" -- then if that was a mistake - burn ROY - the other bible thumper who has the audacity to critisize future Gods.
:silly:
Roy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2003, 02:55:00 PM »
so Roy - are you like most yankees and only see the tyranny toward blacks by southern whites?  I won't deny that there are white southern bigots and racists (they are not the same thing), but I have seen many bigoted blacks and much bigotry and rascism by northern whites - this includes all above the mason/dixon line and includes the north, midwest and northwest as well.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2003, 03:34:00 PM »
Is there a ROY MOSHER in the house..........???? I think sooooooo....

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2003, 05:27:00 PM »
God Forbid honey-child. Who would dare dis the holy South? No, blow those trumpets; bow down to them pointy hats, grab them bibles and put them there ten commandments back in front of them there courthouses.

Discrimination is even worse toward us poar Godly southern whites, so let's spread them there confederate flags all over the country, wear them uniforms and burn them crosses in honor of that-there poor white man that's been treated so badly by them godless humanist liberals. Oh my, where is my fan. It's so hot honey-child. I just feel so tired. :wstupid:

Offline anon

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2003, 07:59:00 PM »
Well, I do declare - Ya'll are fixen to rekindle the civil war.
I rekkin? I'll have ta fight fer Dixie. As much trouble as she's always bein', could be, they'll let her go easy like, this time.
Be intrestin? ta see whut side that Yankee Texian comes down on.

Come on folks - how did this degenerate into a North/South thing?

That was me this morning, by accident posting anonymous. Ironic.
Anyway - this is not and has not been about persecution. It is amazing to me that you would view it that way, just from having the basic tenets of the faith explained. It would compare to me feeling persecuted, because of some one saying: The Christians think Jesus Christ is the Way the Truth and the Life.  
If you are offended by what Joseph Smith and Brigum Young have said, then maybe you do really need to re-examine your membership - if you are a LDS. If not - then you have insulted them far more than I have by calling their prophet's proclamations "Crap"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2003, 12:24:00 AM »
On 2003-10-13 16:59:00, KarenZ wrote:

"Well, I do declare - Ya'll are fixen to rekindle the civil war.

I rekkin? I'll have ta fight fer Dixie. As much trouble as she's always bein', could be, they'll let her go easy like, this time.

Be intrestin? ta see whut side that Yankee Texian comes down on.

Come on folks - how did this degenerate into a North/South thing?

That was me this morning, by accident posting anonymous. Ironic.

Anyway - this is not and has not been about persecution. It is amazing to me that you would view it that way, just from having the basic tenets of the faith explained. It would compare to me feeling persecuted, because of some one saying: The Christians think Jesus Christ is the Way the Truth and the Life.  

If you are offended by what Joseph Smith and Brigum Young have said, then maybe you do really need to re-examine your membership - if you are a LDS. If not - then you have insulted them far more than I have by calling their prophet's proclamations "Crap"

"
I think what happens is when you quote books written by people who mix their opinions with "doctorine" you get crap. Just like when you add in your opinion of what truth is concerning another religion and tell them it is "the truth" and they are living a lie. I think that is simply your opinion. It is a terrible shame that people of the LDS religion are involved in some of these terrible things I have read on this board. I don't know any of them but I do beleive the stories. I don't think anyone one would make that stuff up. I am sad to hear of so many people who seem to think all LDS people are like that. I have to say, I do understand how that can happen. Especially because of the magnitude of what has been done to these kids and their families.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2003, 08:17:00 AM »
obviously you can't read Roy. I said nothing about Godly whites and confederate flags.  I was talking about bigotry and racism, both of which can be found in the south.  And no, Idaho doesn't have more rednecks than the south.  Idaho has lots more bigots and racists tho..and it sounds like you are one of 'em.  Imagine that?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2003, 10:39:00 AM »
Even been on the BYU campus?  It's scarier than a Stephen King novel.

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2003, 03:30:00 PM »
Much of you say is true about Idaho, and that was my point. I can't dis on the rivers and the woods though. On that account it is really a great place. I still go over there regularly to enjoy them. And, no problem. You would be right. We all carry some bigoty and work dilligently to decrease it. Actually I love the South and Love making fun if it as much as I do my beloved Northwest and especially my sweet home Idaho and the whole USA and a few other places too. I suppose I didn't make it clear, however. that I don't identify myself with any of particular place. Hey, I've lived all over the place and have liked most all of them (no zenophobia or ethnocentrism here). However, I've been thinking, it would sure be funny to get a bumber sticker that says "God Bless Canada and Mexico." Since I'm not getting any laughs ruffling southern feathers, anybody wanna make one of those bumper stickers just for fun. Thanks for the good advice Karen!!!! And, you are right. This is not to be taken seriously. And since it is annoying to others on the board, I'll do the honerable thing and put and end to it. And to the gentleman from the South. "Its all good."
Roy