Author Topic: The Mormons are Coming ... to a theater near you!  (Read 9077 times)

Offline anon

• View Profile
The Mormons are Coming ... to a theater near you!
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2003, 08:43:00 PM »
http://www.utlm.org/testimony/davemctestimony.htm

A WAY WHICH SEEMETH RIGHT:
 My Experience in Mormonism

by David A. McCament

Testimony Hyperlinks

I. Setting the Stage - II. Converting - III. Later-day Life - IV. The Unexpected - V. Beneath the Surface - VI. Looking in Utah - VII. Surrendering - VIII. No Reason to Doubt - IX. Cost of the Cross - X. Conclusion in Christ

I don't know why the links aren't working - just thought I'd try and post them again.

[ This Message was edited by: imo on 2004-01-06 08:25 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2003, 11:43:00 PM »
just like WWASP as time brings more light to Mormanism they will react in a very defensive way.

They are nice/faithful people but in my opinion very deceived.

...there is a deceiving spirit of Morani and Mormanism is a destortion of Christianity and a cult....add to that a business plan to ake over the world according to the book "The Morman Corporate Culture"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2003, 03:52:00 PM »
annon Morman...

there is delieverence from deception and the Spirit Morani...if you want it...but I wouldn't look to a Morman counselor for it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2003, 07:53:00 PM »
That is your opinion, that someone who is Mormon needs deliverance. Others might say it is you that needs deliverance. Also, it is Moroni not Morani. You may not know everything you think you do. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :wave:

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2003, 09:06:00 PM »
I worked with a bunch of these people (mormons). I'm not biased against religion, but this is something more than fanaticism. These people abuse women, spy on their parisioners and the men believe they will be kings in the after-life, so they act like gods now - They love to work for WWASP Programs and CEDU because what they love most is power and control. What it amounts to is tyranny - I've not, in the past, believed in hell or the antichrist, but I'm beginning to think these people have been lured into the clutched of something evil. Keep an eye on this bunch and beware.  :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2003, 11:49:00 PM »

On 2003-10-10 18:06:00, Roy wrote:

"I worked with a bunch of these people (mormons). I'm not biased against religion, but this is something more than fanaticism. These people abuse women, spy on their parisioners and the men believe they will be kings in the after-life, so they act like gods now - They love to work for WWASP Programs and CEDU because what they love most is power and control. What it amounts to is tyranny - I've not, in the past, believed in hell or the antichrist, but I'm beginning to think these people have been lured into the clutched of something evil. Keep an eye on this bunch and beware.  :nworthy:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2003, 10:07:00 AM »
interesting..I was able to get you to admit to the spirit...so what's up with Moroni..what's the draw to this evil spirit for you?
or do you think this is a "good"spirit?

what is delieverance anyway and how do you get it?     :wave:

Offline anon

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2003, 12:10:00 PM »
anyone who wants an extremely readable, completely accurate and well documented account of Mormonism, get a copy of  "The God Makers."

http://www.tbcorders.org/default.asp

[ This Message was edited by: imo on 2004-01-06 08:26 ]

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2003, 02:05:00 PM »
I'm not sure what you "annon" are talking about. But, suffice it to say that I am more of the Eastern (pantheist)mindset "god and nature/ universe are one and the same." So, not being a dualist, the notion of a seperate spirit comes as without evidence - but I'm always willing to entertain the notion where empirical data is concerned. I will say that I have not ruled out "spirit" as you call it. I could have you talk with my wife though - she would agree wholeheartedly with you being a quaker and all. But, she also entertains the non-dualist notion as a likely valid hypothisis.

As far a mormons are concerned, remember that I said the people have perhaps fallen onto something ... evil. I am referring to the organized power structure only - not individuals. By "evil" I mean a constructed social reality of CONTROL and POWER. I did not mean to impose any other definition, nor, do I belive that my definition is necessarily the right definition or the only one - all is hypothisis. Yours is fine too. :smile:

Offline MelissaR

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2003, 02:21:00 PM »
Roy... do you have any connection with WWASP....?

Offline Grams

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2003, 03:53:00 PM »
Correct, except they think they are going to be Gods in the after life, not kings and act like that now.  This is from an ex-mormon, who voluntarily withdrew her membership.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2003, 03:57:00 PM »
What happened to living the United States and practicing your faith without persecution?  This reminds me of growing up Black in the 50's!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2003, 06:45:00 PM »
On 2003-10-12 12:57:00, Anonymous wrote:

"What happened to living the United States and practicing your faith without persecution?  This reminds me of growing up Black in the 50's!  "
  I completly agree with you. There is plenty of persecution going on here and it is disgusting. I don't care if I agree with a religion or not I personally would never tell people they were part of some great lie or something evil etc.. Who am I to judge? Even if I think I am right I choose not to judge others because I do not want to be judged. And yes, there is a difference between stating your opinion and judging someone.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2003, 07:10:00 PM »
On 2003-10-12 09:10:00, KarenZ wrote:

"Anon who asks : what is deliverance anyway and how do you get it?

I'd very much enjoy delving into this with you -but this isn't the place for it. If you want to write, please feel free.

http://www.tbcorders.org/default.asp

I have been so tempted to quote it, but it is all so well written and important to the subject, I can't dicide which paragraphs to quote, and might end up writing whole chapters!

If your Mormon, you really owe it to yourself and your loved ones, to read this book. I'll go so far as to order and pay for it, if you'd promise to read it. Just write me at the address given.

"
Ok, so you will chew apart another religion but you won't talk about yours because, "it's just not the place for it" Or maybe you just don't want to be subject to religious persecution.

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2003, 09:21:00 PM »
I'm going to read the book since I don/t pretend to understand the religion very well - its just that what I've seen of it so far turns me off to it.

Asking me to be more precise is a valid request. I would say that I dislike the Kings and/or Gods concept, but mostly I dislike the reproducion of children on a scale that would appear to be exploitive of the earth. I believe large families produce still larger numbers of children that consume scarce resources faster than they can be renewed - causing the less fornunate to starve. Also, I believe that this is unethical in a world where many have little or nothing. Further, the whole notion of kings in the afterlife (but not women) is a repugnant as the origonal statement by that Mormon prophet fellow (what's his name?) that blacks are the "seeds of satan." I know, he withdrew this statement after a prophetic vision, but a lot of people in the South had the same "vision" a bit to late. Call me judgemental of this religion. I am, (and this is definately a judgement), not a problem to me. I see this Mormon (LDS) movement as cultish, unethical, controlling, and power hungry, But,I defend your right to believe in it and defend the right to practice it. I would just recomend not subjucating women, admitting to past subjigation of minorities, current of gays , accountability for interfering in the private lives of your belivers, and, environmantal responsibity per reproduction -- i.e. birth control.

Most of all, I would suggest a more open intelectual tradition that is inclusive of more scientific dialouge and free thought on issues such as modern astronomy, particle physics, quantum mechanics and biological evolution.

But, we all have the right to believe and practice as we choose. We don't, however, have the right to expect or demand the silence of critics such as myself. I don't care for religious fundamentalism in general, I'm not ashamed of saying so, and, I have as much right to say so as you do to knock on my door and try to sell me your cultish social control. I have enjoyed the dialouge. Thank you