Heroin
5 (7.9%)
Oxycontin
5 (7.9%)
NONE THEY SHOULD REMAIN ILLEGAL
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: September 14, 2010, 01:46:56 PM

Author Topic: What illegal drugs would you legalize?  (Read 14830 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: What illegal drugs would you legalize?
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2010, 07:39:36 PM »
Quote from: "Stonewall"
The Drug Treatment Part.

Most people who enter drug treatment do so as a result of a Court Order, or some other State sanction.
Which is ends up basically meaning "state ordered re-education" if you think about it.  "Don't agree with us about drugs?  You have a problem, which we're going to fix whether you like it or not."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2010, 07:48:31 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
The Drug Treatment Part.

Most people who enter drug treatment do so as a result of a Court Order, or some other State sanction.
Which is ends up basically meaning "state ordered re-education" if you think about it.  "Don't agree with us about drugs?  You have a problem, which we're going to fix whether you like it or not."

I think the judge has to do something.  I dont know what the studies show in this area but the judge usually has the choice of sending the guy to jail or rehab.  rehab is geared towards education where as jail is strictly punitive.  So they should try education first.

Offline Awake

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2010, 12:24:12 AM »
While it may seem extreme, I would decriminalize all drugs that are currently illegal even via prescription.

The 'War on Drugs' is a war on the American People. It would actually be better for everyone if this 'war' did not exist.

The 'war' does not work. People can get drugs within a few minutes. We don't really have to concern ourselves about what would happen if these drugs were legal. As things are now, it is as if they are legal, as far as the ability to acquire drugs.

So, what would change would be the State itself. The money spent on this 'war', would be spent elsewhere. We would be a more free society. A safer society. A more wealthy society.
God damn. Spot on!

I have been thinking about this for awhile, and I have not voted yet. I think the concept of decriminalization should be considered, at least in some cases, as a better alternative to legalization.

On this subject I find it hard to separate my personal opinion from affecting my opinion on an appropriate social stance regarding drugs, so I will just say it. I believe any adult should be free to use marijuana, BUT legalization will impose laws upon small- non comercial growers and regulations for what is marketable, similar to tobacco, which can account for why no one grows that themselves for sale. In the case of marijuana I think decriminalization is a better solution than legalization.

I have similar, but different  feelings regarding psychedelics. I don’t think lsd or mushrooms are totally safe, but In these cases, imo, people should have the right to have these experiences if they want. It is my feeling that these experiences are very spiritual for people, and they shouldn’t be dominated by a corporate definition of ‘what it is supposed to be’ or ‘what is the perfect dose’. I’d go on, but again my opinion is that decriminalization is a better answer to legalization in this case.

I don’t think any good can come from allowing meth use. I don’t think heroin can generally be used responsibly. Coke ? Ecstasy? I just can’t condone legalizing these drugs. I think they can be harmful, but I also cannot deny that more problems come from prohibition and the war on drugs. Issues of impurity, criminal control of the product, jailing of harmless users, etc….

Again, I have not voted yet, but I think decriminalization is a viable alternative answer to this questionnaire.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2010, 02:18:57 AM »
You've gotta be kidding me
Look at the poll. these numbers are so low, they point to nothing.
What , about a billion or so people out here on the web somewhere.
And this drug poll has garnered at last check 63 votes?
AND
YOU CAN VOTE MULTIPLE TIMES
63 GODAMN VOTES?
The people have spoken
A little
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 03:59:37 AM by none-ya »
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2010, 03:54:06 AM »
MORE  ON THIS AS IT DEVELOPES[attachment=0:2g7s7gjy]THIS JUST IN.gif[/attachment:2g7s7gjy]
?©?€~¥@

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2010, 09:35:36 AM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
And this drug poll has garnered at last check 63 votes?
AND[/b] YOU CAN VOTE MULTIPLE TIMES
Nope.  You can only vote once.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2010, 11:10:11 AM »
How many members here have multiple sign in names.
Can't they vote under each one?
Just like in Chicago
?©?€~¥@

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2010, 11:46:45 AM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
The Drug Treatment Part.

I think the judge has to do something.  I dont know what the studies show in this area but the judge usually has the choice of sending the guy to jail or rehab.  rehab is geared towards education where as jail is strictly punitive.  So they should try education first.

So, what if it's truly just someone who enjoys smoking pot?    They don't need to be educated about it.   Someone who just got caught with a joint, no driving under the influence or anything that has harmed anyone else....just a recreational user who doesn't think it's bad or dangerous or the dreaded 'gateway drug'?  He is then forced to either go to jail or be "re-educated" and we all know what the obvious choice would be so it ends up just like has been said.  The 'state' says he has a problem, even though he doesn't agree, and in order to avoid jail he is sentenced to endure the re-education to convince him of something he doesn't believe and isn't true - that's it's dangerous, a gateway drug etc..  And not to get back off topic, but how many of the treatment centers use the 12 step model, which amounts to sentencing someone to participate in a religion.

The legalization v. decriminalization is a valid point to argue.  There's some good information here http://www.dpft.org/policy.htm  from, of all places, Texas and of course, here  http://blog.norml.org/2010/03/08/real-w ... alization/.  

This is a really interesting and completely frightening look inside the mind of Richard Nixon regarding pot.  It's a transcript from some of his infamous tapes.  There's some ranting about "the gheys", "the darkies" and "the joos" too.  Scary man. http://www.csdp.org/research/nixonpot.txt

Decrim is a baby step, but it still leaves pot as being illegal and subject to fines, effects on jobs etc.  The result is the same.....being punished for using a plant.

States that have decriminalized pot.

traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2010, 11:56:43 AM »
Fl. will never decriminalize. They would just as soon build more and more prisons.
Smoking a joint helps better than 3 of my prescription drugs for nausea ,pian,and blood pressure.
In fact I have to be careful, if  I think i'm gonna' burn the hay I skip my blood pressure med for that day 'cause it can sometimes drop too low. Not to mention , no prescription drug has ever made me laugh!
?©?€~¥@

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2010, 01:44:25 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
Fl. will never decriminalize. They would just as soon build more and more prisons.

Yep....if decriminalization/legalization does come to FL, it'll be a damn long time before it happens.

Smoking a joint helps better than 3 of my prescription drugs for nausea ,pian,and blood pressure.
In fact I have to be careful, if  I think i'm gonna' burn the hay I skip my blood pressure med for that day 'cause it can sometimes drop too low. Not to mention , no prescription drug has ever made me laugh![/i][/b]

:nods:  :nods:

I've been able to give up pretty much all meds that I used to be on too.  It's a shame that it's so stigmatized because it truly is a miracle medicine, IMO.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2010, 02:28:17 PM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 02:03:02 PM by Joel »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2010, 07:58:23 PM »
You're de-railing the thread, Joel...  :roflmao:

(kidding)

Offline Stonewall

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2010, 08:26:31 PM »
Quote from: "Awake"
While it may seem extreme, I would decriminalize all drugs that are currently illegal even via prescription.

The 'War on Drugs' is a war on the American People. It would actually be better for everyone if this 'war' did not exist.

The 'war' does not work. People can get drugs within a few minutes. We don't really have to concern ourselves about what would happen if these drugs were legal. As things are now, it is as if they are legal, as far as the ability to acquire drugs.

So, what would change would be the State itself. The money spent on this 'war', would be spent elsewhere. We would be a more free society. A safer society. A more wealthy society.
God damn. Spot on!

I have been thinking about this for awhile, and I have not voted yet. I think the concept of decriminalization should be considered, at least in some cases, as a better alternative to legalization.

On this subject I find it hard to separate my personal opinion from affecting my opinion on an appropriate social stance regarding drugs, so I will just say it. I believe any adult should be free to use marijuana, BUT legalization will impose laws upon small- non comercial growers and regulations for what is marketable, similar to tobacco, which can account for why no one grows that themselves for sale. In the case of marijuana I think decriminalization is a better solution than legalization.

I have similar, but different  feelings regarding psychedelics. I don’t think lsd or mushrooms are totally safe, but In these cases, imo, people should have the right to have these experiences if they want. It is my feeling that these experiences are very spiritual for people, and they shouldn’t be dominated by a corporate definition of ‘what it is supposed to be’ or ‘what is the perfect dose’. I’d go on, but again my opinion is that decriminalization is a better answer to legalization in this case.

I don’t think any good can come from allowing meth use. I don’t think heroin can generally be used responsibly. Coke ? Ecstasy? I just can’t condone legalizing these drugs. I think they can be harmful, but I also cannot deny that more problems come from prohibition and the war on drugs. Issues of impurity, criminal control of the product, jailing of harmless users, etc….

Again, I have not voted yet, but I think decriminalization is a viable alternative answer to this questionnaire.

I don't think any good has come from the government.

They can't even stop planes from flying into buildings.

When they figure that whole thing out, then we'll discuss other responsibilities they might deserve.

The National Government has failed us.

Now, I may be against a whole lot of things. That does not mean that the power of government should slam down on somebodies head.

Someone who is caught using drugs, that is none of the governments business. It has nothing to do with them.

Please explain one good thing the government has done in the 'War on Drugs', just one single thing.

That should be easy.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2010, 12:30:13 PM »
If I where Queen of the Forrest I'd make marijuana leagle. It would be considered a cash crop like wheat, hops, barley, grapes, blackberries, strawberries. . .  and what is marketed as an intoxicant - like beer or wine - would be taxed and regulated the same way.

All else I would de-criminalize.  Fines would be imposed and in some cases large fines - much as we now see with traffic violations - but there would be no jail or criminal record resulting. The fines I would use to fund education, work skills development, treatment research and recovery treatment for anyone who wants it. I would also re-direct the current drug war funding to the same.

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2010, 12:37:52 PM »
Makes sense, Buzz.  

Question: Can pot baked in foods generate the same high as pot smoked? Can pot brownies have a medicinal effect on pain/eating issues due to cancer, or is it best to toke it? What about the vape?  I'm not pot savvy enough to know but need the info.