Author Topic: Psy Has Pulled This Twice  (Read 4110 times)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Psy Has Pulled This Twice
« on: September 12, 2010, 02:08:08 PM »
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn ... 2/goldberg
Jeffrey Goldberg, in the new cover story in The Atlantic, on an Israeli attack on Iran:

Israel has twice before successfully attacked and destroyed an enemy's nuclear program. In 1981, Israeli warplanes bombed the Iraqi reactor at Osirak, halting -- forever, as it turned out -- Saddam Hussein's nuclear ambitions; and in 2007, Israeli planes destroyed a North Korean-built reactor in Syria.  An attack on Iran, then, would be unprecedented only in scope and complexity.

Good news!  Israel can successfully end a country's nuclear program by bombing them, as proven by its 1981 attack on Iraq, which, says Goldberg, halted "forever, as it turned out -- Saddam Hussein’s nuclear ambitions."

Jeffrey Goldberg, The New Yorker, 2002, trying to convince Americans to fear Iraq:

Saddam Hussein never gave up his hope of turning Iraq into a nuclear power. After the Osirak attack, he rebuilt, redoubled his efforts, and dispersed his facilities. Those who have followed Saddam's progress believe that no single strike today would eradicate his nuclear program.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Re: Psy Has Pulled This Twice
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 02:15:33 PM »
It's time to let this go. This isn't a battle worth fighting, and you're only setting yourself up to be banned. Just post this in the open free for all and move on.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 02:17:54 PM »
If he wants to ban me based on the false preteneses he's put out, by all means I hope he does.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 02:35:28 PM »
Quote from: "ajax13"
If he wants to ban me based on the false preteneses he's put out, by all means I hope he does.
I'm banning you for 7 days because you refuse to use correct titles for threads.  No other reason.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 06:02:31 PM »
You've got to be absolutely shitting me psy.

What a fucking crock of shit.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 06:14:49 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
You've got to be absolutely shitting me psy.

What a fucking crock of shit.
He did it four times before.  I warned him.  He refused again and again. You're the one who was urging me to put my foot down earlier.  I'm not going to play favorites.  You violate the rules, you get warned, and you still refuse...
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 06:21:16 PM »
So you really are going to ban a guy who for the longest time was one of the sole voices of opposition against AARC over something as pissant as a "deceptive" thread label?

Please, make Danny the fucking jerk off programmie lover an admin while you are at it.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 06:29:13 PM »
So you really are going to ban a guy who for the longest time was one of the sole voices of opposition against AARC over something as pissant as a "deceptive" thread label?

For 7 days, yes.  Just because somebody is on "my side" doesn't give them the right to violate the rules after being repeatedly warned.  The law is going to be blind here.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 06:49:15 PM »

Please, make Danny the fucking jerk off programmie lover an admin while you are at it.

Che, When you draw a line in the sand you have to stand by it.  The toughest thing to do is enforce it on a friend or someone who you agree with.  But unless it is done then the rules are meaningless.  Maybe it will later be determined that the rules are too strict or are written up poorly, maybe they need to be changed, some may be dropped and others added.  Moderation is an ongoing process and if it turns out that the rules are too harsh or only apply to a select group or over time are determined to be ineffective then they will change and evolve.

But dont come down on Psy for enforcing rules that we all have been well aware of for a few days now.  He has the shitty job right now, you dont.

As a teacher you know that when you define new rules that you will have to undergo the painful process of enforcing them..... which means detention for a student ( and time after class for you too).  When you make new rules there is a reason for them and you should know they will be broken because that is all part of the learning process..... change sucks, is painful and takes time.

I see this as a cultural change which will take time to implement.  Its a big step for fornits and something new.

I am not going to talk too much about this because I am sure I am on the short list of those who have a high probability of breaking the rules and will be banned very quickly if I do.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 06:55:35 PM »
Whooter.  This topic is in Open Free For All now. It's unmoderated.  Feel free to break the rules here if you want.
I am on the short list of those who have a high probability of breaking the rules and will be banned very quickly if I do.
I am not you-know-who.  There is no list and you're not going to be treated differently than anybody else.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 06:58:03 PM »

Che, I know your angry and all of us know why.(China)It has nothing to do with the politics of Fornits, either. This is why I am not going to lash out at you. I know you don't really mean what your saying.
So many of you old timers keep telling us about the old times and what you have done years ago, well that is great but this industry is about, what have you done for me lately.
Busting Psy's balls over every little thing he does to your buddies is not helping at all here. It is making you look foolish because he is dealing with a personal friend of his. Take your crap to PM, cut him some slack if he (Psy) is your friend. Jesus, your part of the administration here, act like it.
Let me ask you a question, "have you ever run a Web Site such as this" I doubt it. Trust me brother with your personality and mine, we would not last 2 days.

Since when did I become a program lover?????? Yeah, I just loved Elan.

Just my 2 cents.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 07:02:48 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

Che, I know your angry and all of us know why.(China)It has nothing to do with the politics of Fornits, either. This is why I am not going to lash out at you. I know you don't really mean what your saying.
So many of you old timers keep telling us about the old times and what you have done years ago, well that is great but this industry is about, what have you done for me lately.
Busting Psy's balls over every little thing he does to your buddies is not helping at all here. It is making you look foolish because he is dealing with a personal friend of his. Take your crap to PM, cut him some slack if he (Psy) is your friend. Jesus, your part of the administration here, act like it.
Let me ask you a question, "have you ever run a Web Site such as this" I doubt it. Trust me brother with your personality and mine, we would not last 2 days.

Since when did I become a program lover?????? Yeah, I just loved Elan.

Just my 2 cents.

Danny, you are quite possibly the stupidest motherfucker to walk the planet earth. I'm going to encourage you to fall off the wagon as quickly as you can. At least crawling into the nearest bottle will make you sound semi-lucid for a change. Ajax never has been one of my "little" buddies. Don't even presume to lecture me on what I can and have done when you know that little about me.

That last sentiment alone is why nearly everyone here on this forum holds you in absolutely utter contempt as a complete walking sack of fucking shit who ought to be tossed with the nearest trash.

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 01:21:13 PM »

I never in a million years thought I would say this, but CHE is absolutely correct. Fully correct. I cannot believe you suspended someone when you allow others to run around with no leashes daily.
"A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle."
Kahlil Gibran

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 01:25:25 PM »
I bet I am next on the hit list because I will not tolerate Crazy Jane and Froderik to throw up all over me...Fornits keeps ruining its own reputation daily, just daily. The most insane thing of them all is I actually agreed with Che which is a miracle within itself.
"A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle."
Kahlil Gibran

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 01:26:10 PM »
Where is Whooter when you need him....good God, this place has gone nutso completely.
Kahlil Gibran