Author Topic: Making Amends  (Read 6089 times)

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Making Amends
« on: September 02, 2010, 11:27:10 AM »
To all reader on Fornits... I sincerely apologize for opening a topic up where Idiocy even on my own part has overun a fairly peaceful forum.. However I do not take back anything I said about it, that is me and where I stand on the subject. However it did not stay on topic and I apparently took Danny off of his leash, maybe Who has some intrest, if he would have followed my suggestion about doing a little of his own research by reading and going to meetings he would have some accurate info for his self, Max has remained fairly civil through this whole thing and for that I commend him. As for me well the post that Antigen put out, You're special... Well that's me at this point... Still Retarded.

Peace and much healing
 :peace:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Making Amends
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 11:51:34 AM »
Thanks for the summary, Botched.  Don’t be too hard on yourself.   There have been a lot worse threads on this forum which were reduced to name calling by posters who struggled to articulate their feelings on a particular issue.  Personally I think that the reason you have difficulty with AA and struggled with trying to convince everyone it was negative is because you associate it with Straight and your negative experiences there.

I also found it fascinating that you are so threatened by these people to the extent that you spend your time in the dark placing fliers under peoples’ windshield wipers while they are inside talking openly and getting help for themselves.  I don’t see why that threatens you so much, even if I viewed them as a cult it wouldn’t bother me if they met at night in my neighborhood as long as they were not bothering anyone or trying to sell me something.

You might want to try to consider figuring out why you spend time doing this and try to re-focus on issues that affect your life directly rather than those events which affect others.  I cant see how this could be healthy for you over the long term.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 11:59:35 AM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Thanks for the summary, Botched.  Don’t be too hard on yourself.   There have been a lot worse threads on this forum which were reduced to name calling by posters who struggled to articulate their feelings on a particular issue.  Personally I think that the reason you have difficulty with AA and struggled with trying to convince everyone it was negative is because you associate it with Straight and your negative experiences there.

I also found it fascinating that you are so threatened by these people to the extent that you spend your time in the dark placing fliers under peoples’ windshield wipers while they are inside talking openly and getting help for themselves.  I don’t see why that threatens you so much, even if I viewed them as a cult it wouldn’t bother me if they met at night in my neighborhood as long as they were not bothering anyone or trying to sell me something.

You might want to try to consider figuring out why you spend time doing this and try to re-focus on issues that affect your life directly rather than those events which affect others.  I cant see how this could be healthy for you over the long term.

I made my amends to this forum, I care not to be on what you want your topic to be which at this time is me "Botched Programming"... LOL... Getting alot of free rent in your head are'nt I...   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

PS Have you ever stopped to think what my screen name means... Let me tell you it has to do with the oldest form of cpu there is.... The Brain Dude...  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Garry Kasparov

• View Profile
The AA 12 Step Fleet
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 12:02:57 PM »
:jawdrop:

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 12:12:38 PM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"

PS Have you ever stopped to think what my screen name means... Let me tell you it has to do with the oldest form of cpu there is.... The Brain Dude...  :rofl:  :rofl:

I have, Botched,  that is why I commented the way I did.  Maybe the mis programming has something to do with your views on AA (as you suggested) and how you expend energy the way you do trying to counter their existence.  I would suggest maybe that you look back at your time in Straight for that answer.  I am not trying to be critical or redirect the thread but, rather, making a suggestion based on my observation  of reading here on the various posts on the subject of AA.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 12:22:08 PM »

I have, Botched,  that is why I commented the way I did.  Maybe the mis programming has something to do with your views on AA (as you suggested) and how you expend energy the way you do trying to counter their existence.  I would suggest maybe that you look back at your time in Straight for that answer.  I am not trying to be critical or redirect the thread but, rather, making a suggestion based on my observation  of reading here on the various posts on the subject of AA.

Still on the subject of me dude.... LOL.... Giving me too much free rent... Didn't think about you until I saw your reply... Funny..By the way you are not my type...  :seg:    :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 12:38:00 PM »
Botched is performing a valuable public service by educating his local community to the dangers of AA. Why question his motivations Whooter?  I for one, admire those who selflessly campaign on behalf of worthy causes like this. Why cant you just thank him for his efforts and move on? Thanks Botched and keep up the good work.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 12:57:58 PM »

Ou Vay Who !!!

Oy Vay Defined

Oy vey (Yiddish: ?? ??), or just oy,[1] is an exclamation of dismay or exasperation

:seg:

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 02:57:25 PM »
Quote from: "shaggys"
Botched is performing a valuable public service by educating his local community to the dangers of AA. Why question his motivations Whooter?  I for one, admire those who selflessly campaign on behalf of worthy causes like this. Why cant you just thank him for his efforts and move on? Thanks Botched and keep up the good work.

I admire people who support a cause also, Shaggys, I use to protest myself and was chased away and arrested in college a few times for civil disobedience.  I am very familiar with causes.  I have been reading the threads quietly and mostly been staying in the background but I haven’t seen what threat AA is to the community or to individuals.   Maybe people feel they bring in undesirables into communities for their meetings, but I have never read where AA meetings result in an increase in property damage or drive up the local crime rate.

I have seen people be concerned with halfway houses being set-up in communities and clinics.  I have seen locals become upset because of the placement of mental health facilities in their neighborhood also.  But I have never seen people upset like I have here on fornits about AA meetings or the existence of AA.

If I could understand the nature of the threat or harm being done I would be willing to support it.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 03:39:31 PM »
Quote from: "shaggys"

I admire people who support a cause also, Shaggys, I use to protest myself and was chased away and arrested in college a few times for civil disobedience.  I am very familiar with causes.  I have been reading the threads quietly and mostly been staying in the background but I haven’t seen what threat AA is to the community or to individuals.   Maybe people feel they bring in undesirables into communities for their meetings, but I have never read where AA meetings result in an increase in property damage or drive up the local crime rate.

I have seen people be concerned with halfway houses being set-up in communities and clinics.  I have seen locals become upset because of the placement of mental health facilities in their neighborhood also.  But I have never seen people upset like I have here on fornits about AA meetings or the existence of AA.

If I could understand the nature of the threat or harm being done I would be willing to support it.

One word..... Cult !!!!!!!

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 03:56:24 PM »

One word..... Cult !!!!!!!

Why does that threaten you so much?  Every church in America falls under the definition of a Cult.  AA has been around for a long time and I havent seen them harm society at all.  You could just find out where they are meeting and just stay away from that area during those times.  If I were paranoid of cults I would probably focus more on the Latter day Saints (I think thats who they are).  These people come drive into neighborhoods and go door to door trying to talk to people and spread their word.  
AA is just a group of people who gather to talk about their common struggles.  They really dont bother anyone.  You should focus on the more aggressive Cults first if this type of behavior bothers you.  I believe you chose AA because it is attached to your bad experience at Straight and you have difficulty separating the two.  Just my observation.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 04:10:55 PM »
Lets say that they were not there discussing ways to stay sober.  Lets say that instead they were a group of survivors who shared a common struggle of dealing with their time spent at straight.  They chipped in each week for coffee and donuts and support each other with their stories and helping each other get through another few days. Would you still feel a strong sense that these people should not meet?  Would you try to disband this group of survivors because they had become a Cult (by your definition) or would their cause allow you to turn a blind eye to them and allow them to meet because you understood their need to meet.

I think if you took the time to understand their need to meet and the comfort it is to them to know there was a support group out there for them you would not feel so threatened by them.

Offline Eliscu2

• New World Order
    • View Profile
whatever
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 04:36:16 PM »
:karma:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 11:04:16 PM by Eliscu2 »
WELCOME TO HELL!

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: CHEEZEWIZINACAN
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 05:19:12 PM »
Quote from: "Eliscu2"
:soapbox:
WHOTIUS MAXIMUS....WHO IS THE ARTIST WHO DOES THE AVATARS FOR YOU?
I LOVE IT!
BOTCHED,
I AM SO TEMPTED TO STEAL ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR GREAT AVATARS!
I LIKE THAT FLASH ANIMATION.
TIME TO EAT MORE XANAX STILL IN HELLSCONSIN.
LOOK AT THIS SICK SHIT OUTTA EUROPE: http://http://entertainment.za.msn.com/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=153552978
IT REMINDS ME OF KING DIAMOND ON ACID :roflmao:

Felice, her name is Dania Sierra and I have admired her work for years and have purchased a few originals from her.  I am not sure where you live but she is going to be showing next in Miami in November (2010).  I will probably be there because she is holding a gala on opening night at the airport convention center.  I believe it is the 19th.

Her bio is on this page:

Dania

You are talented yourself, Felice, and you should keep working.

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 05:59:37 PM »
Whooter does have a cool avatar but uncool ideas about AA. I really loathe those 12 steps. Yes the 7 steps of Straight were taken directly from the 12 but thats not why I hate them. My hatred of the 12 steps revolves primarily around the fact that the steps teach people that they are powerless over drugs and alcohol so consequently they will need AA for the rest of their lives to stay off the dope. Its like if i could convice people that the only way to breathe was with the air that I alone can provide them. To me that whole underlying principle behind the powerless/its a disease theory is just plain fucked up.