Author Topic: Some things to ponder about which ever Anonymous meeting  (Read 9240 times)

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Some things to ponder about which ever Anonymous meeting
« on: August 30, 2010, 11:24:20 AM »
(1) If you ever go to any Anonymous meeting you will sit at the beginning of the meetings you will hear their Traditions.
(2a)  One tradition states every group will be self supporting through their own contributions declining outside contributions
(2b) the group may never endorse, finance, or lend their name to outside enterprise, lest money, property, prestige divert them from their primary purpose.
(2c) Another states they should remain non-professional but their service centers may employ special workers

(1) Lest take a look at what tradition means

Tradition defined : 4A time-honored practice or set of such practices. Dogma defined: A principle or belief or a group of them:
Meetings appear to be dogmatic to me... What do you think ??

(2) The programs are self supporting through their own contributions... the money you put in the basket and the books you buy pays the rent and the money is sent to their area then up to their world service orginzations. Think about how many meetings there are and how much money their organizations take in.

They sure do put out alot of PR to treament centers through their "Hospitals and Institution Commitees" "Sure sounds like recruitment to me'"

Employment of special workers... CEO's Vice president of the company making a healthy dollar in his or her pocket

Again the definition for Cult:

Cult defined
a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator[/color]

Now any educated person would call them cults,,, If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, must be a duck

Much peace and healing
 :peace: :peace:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
Re: Some things to ponder about which ever Anonymous meeting
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 12:31:45 PM »
Reply to Anne. yes, sort of. The difference between a 'cult' and a 'religion' , simply put, is political power. Quoting lenin ( no, not John, it's vladimir, silly) political power begins at the barrel of a gun. ( I think he meant muzzle, but he said barrel)
This is why cults so often become violent, and quickly. I think that sociopathy is far more prevalent than I'd like to believe, and that programs and cults and rajahs and pashas and caliphs (oh my!) proliferate because they offer a target=rich environment for the sociopath.
I believe that some cultures promote sociopathy. ( Not so far-fetched as it seems, remember that the brain is the only known organ which can be physically changed by an intangible, a 'meme')
I believe that AA is not a cult any longer, it has been court=held to be a state-sponsored religion.State sponsorship scares me.If you really, truly, wanta get spooked , look into involvement by the "unification Church' and scientology into congress and the defense contract realm.
Think you this, AA dominates the 'treatment industry', they've been around for a long, long time. How Much Influence Do They have?
By The Way, When I get scared, I get defensive, How defensive? well. see previous post, or just come my property un-invited. I would hope that you'd get defensive as well.
in all, best wishes,
Stupidly Yours, J.O.M.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 12:41:50 PM »
Quote from: "justonemore"
Reply to Anne. yes, sort of. The difference between a 'cult' and a 'religion' , simply put, is political power. Quoting lenin ( no, not John, it's vladimir, silly) political power begins at the barrel of a gun. ( I think he meant muzzle, but he said barrel)
This is why cults so often become violent, and quickly. I think that sociopathy is far more prevalent than I'd like to believe, and that programs and cults and rajahs and pashas and caliphs (oh my!) proliferate because they offer a target=rich environment for the sociopath.
I believe that some cultures promote sociopathy. ( Not so far-fetched as it seems, remember that the brain is the only known organ which can be physically changed by an intangible, a 'meme')

:nods:  :nods:

I believe that AA is not a cult any longer, it has been court=held to be a state-sponsored religion.State sponsorship scares me.If you really, truly, wanta get spooked , look into involvement by the "unification Church' and scientology into congress and the defense contract realm.

Yup...I'm in the heart of Scientologyland.  They are scary indeed!

Think you this, AA dominates the 'treatment industry', they've been around for a long, long time. How Much Influence Do They have?

Waaaayyy too much.  Especially in the medical community, IMO.

By The Way, When I get scared, I get defensive, How defensive? well. see previous post, or just come my property un-invited. I would hope that you'd get defensive as well.
in all, best wishes,
Stupidly Yours, J.O.M.

I would....I absolutely would!  :cheers:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 12:45:15 PM »
Another point to ponder'

Take a look at their 5th step...

Step 5

We admitted to God, to ourselves, and another human being the exact nature of our wrongs

Ok here in this step you are being pushed into submission with an admission of guilt. Also with admitting this stuff to another human being, it brings it closer to the beliefs of Catholosism... Where you confess your sins and then you receive your penance or punishment...

Does this not make you think of as being forced to breakdown and step away from from independence on self?? Also does this not have the tone of religion??? Sounds like a cult classic to me.

Much peace and healing
 :peace:

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 02:01:46 PM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
Another point to ponder'

Take a look at their 5th step...

Step 5

We admitted to God, to ourselves, and another human being the exact nature of our wrongs

Ok here in this step you are being pushed into submission with an admission of guilt. Also with admitting this stuff to another human being, it brings it closer to the beliefs of Catholosism... Where you confess your sins and then you receive your penance or punishment...

Does this not make you think of as being forced to breakdown and step away from from independence on self?? Also does this not have the tone of religion??? Sounds like a cult classic to me.

Much peace and healing

YOU REALLY THINK BP, THAT YOU HAVE INDEPENDENCE....REALLY. :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: THERE IS NOT ONE LIVING THING IN THIS UNIVERSE THAT IS INDEPENDENT OF SOMETHING ELSE. WE ARE ALL DEPENDENT. WE DO NOT SET THE CONTROLS OR OPERATE THEM. WE CO-EXIST UNTIL SOMEONE OR SOMETHING SAYS GOODBYE. THEN WE GET TO START IT ALL OVER AGAIN, SOMEWHERE ELSE.
MAKE NO MISTAKE I AM NOT SAYING DON'T FIGHT, ALL I'M SAYING IS KNOW WHAT YOUR FIGHT IS. YOU ONLY HAVE ONE FIGHT HERE.
TRUST ME, IT IS NOT STEP V IN THE AA BOOK.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 02:10:51 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

YOU REALLY THINK BP, THAT YOU HAVE INDEPENDENCE....REALLY. :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: THERE IS NOT ONE LIVING THING IN THIS UNIVERSE THAT IS INDEPENDENT OF SOMETHING ELSE. WE ARE ALL DEPENDENT. WE DO NOT SET THE CONTROLS OR OPERATE THEM. WE CO-EXIST UNTIL SOMEONE OR SOMETHING SAYS GOODBYE. THEN WE GET TO START IT ALL OVER AGAIN, SOMEWHERE ELSE.
MAKE NO MISTAKE I AM NOT SAYING DON'T FIGHT, ALL I'M SAYING IS KNOW WHAT YOUR FIGHT IS. YOU ONLY HAVE ONE FIGHT HERE.TRUST ME, IT IS NOT STEP V IN THE AA BOOK.

I have nothing to fight or defend... I am merely putiing out the info the best I can as I maybe able to save a newcomer from getting sucked into a dogmatic cult of one of the Anonymous groups...

Again the people have freedom of choice on what they want to believe... "It's their choice whether to take the red pill or the blue pill..." (Matrix Joke)

Peace and much healing

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 02:14:19 PM »

MAKE NO MISTAKE I AM NOT SAYING DON'T FIGHT, ALL I'M SAYING IS KNOW WHAT YOUR FIGHT IS. YOU ONLY HAVE ONE FIGHT HERE.TRUST ME, IT IS NOT STEP V IN THE AA BOOK.

I have nothing to fight or defend... I am merely putiing out the info the best I can as I maybe able to save a newcomer from getting sucked into a dogmatic cult of one of the Anonymous groups...

Again the people have freedom of choice on what they want to believe... "It's their choice whether to take the red pill or the blue pill..." (Matrix Joke)

Peace and much healing

Wow....all caps.  He must REALLY MEAN IT!!!!!!   ::)

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 02:23:43 PM »

Peace and much healing

Well if you believe this freedom of thought, I don't see in your actions or thoughts. You have made up your mind about AA and all programs. I may be wrong but I think this is what I have read.
Plus your quoting other sources for your arguments. AA is as you said is very personal, what are your thoughts. Not OJ's but yours.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 02:31:09 PM »
Well if you believe this freedom of thought, I don't see in your actions or thoughts. You have made up your mind about AA and all programs.

As have you.

Plus your quoting other sources for your arguments.

Yeah.....that's called citing sources for your argument.  Debate 101.

Not OJ's but yours.

Yeah well, I wouldn't take OJ's word for much.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 02:35:38 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Well if you believe this freedom of thought, I don't see in your actions or thoughts. You have made up your mind about AA and all programs.

As have you.

Plus your quoting other sources for your arguments.

Yeah.....that's called citing sources for your argument.  Debate 101.

Not OJ's but yours.

Yeah well, I wouldn't take OJ's word for much.

Anne, the OJ papers is not in all fairness citing a source. This is just one guys opinion. As we determine a source here, OJ would not measure up. (Orange Papers)

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 02:36:21 PM »

Plus your quoting other sources for your arguments. AA is as you said is very personal, what are your thoughts. Not OJ's but yours.

I never said that AA is personal... My words were "My AA experiences were personal and I don't care to devulge that info over the internet plus I also said I don't know you and my experiences are none of your business"

I am not talking about my experiences... I am stating information from sources in order for people to come up with their own educated hypothesis on it. Enough with the bickering lets get back to the topic

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 02:36:34 PM »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 02:38:55 PM »
Anne, the OJ papers is not in all fairness citing a source. This is just one guys opinion.

And so is yours.  Just an opinion.  But at least AO backs his up with something other than only his opinion.

As we determine a source here, OJ would not measure up. (Orange Papers)

You're absolutely right.  He's a psycho, murdering fuck if I've ever seen one.

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 02:43:08 PM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:35:36 PM by Joel »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 02:44:39 PM »
Quote from: "Joel"
Are AA meetings like a disclosure circle?

:jawdrop:

Pretty much...and if not in the "group", then certainly with the sponsor.  It's called "doing a 5th Step".