Author Topic: Putting flyers on cars outside AA meetings?  (Read 12736 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Re: Putting flyers on cars outside AA meetings?
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2010, 02:12:01 PM »
Quote from: "Whootie Fish"
Danny if you continue your slanderous attacks on the posters here I will be forced to bring up the issue of your DD214 military papers. Your less than glowing military records could become fair game. We know you worship at the AA altar and that is OK, so please allow others to voice their opinions without being called liars by you.

Please bring it on would love to hear it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2010, 02:12:52 PM »
To everyone else....it really is sad and one of the (many) reasons I've got such a problem with AA.  I've known this kid for a long time now and watched the struggles they've gone thru.  Even though I've got my own feelings about AA (which are well known to them), I supported their decision to go wholeheartedly because it's what they felt they needed at the time.  I was afraid this would happen, wrt meds, because I've seen it so often and sure enough...it did.  It was not a fun weekend.   Thank FSM, they're back on the meds now and they've fired the idiot/sponsor.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2010, 02:14:16 PM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
Readers.... Please disregard that display of immaturity from our friend Danny he has already resorted to taking a civil conversation and trying to disrupt the peaceful positive flow in which this topic was flowing.. My humble appology for his rude outbreak

Peace and much healing
 :peace:

Why because I called a spade a spade. What you are doing BP, is called trolling.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2010, 02:15:15 PM »
Readers.... Please disregard that display of immaturity from our friend Danny he has already resorted to taking a civil conversation and trying to disrupt the peaceful positive flow in which this topic was flowing.. My humble appology for his rude outbreak

Peace and much healing

It's too bad....it really was a fairly civilized conversation, for once, about the subject.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2010, 02:18:22 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
To everyone else....it really is sad and one of the (many) reasons I've got such a problem with AA.  I've known this kid for a long time now and watched the struggles they've gone thru.  Even though I've got my own feelings about AA (which are well known to them), I supported their decision to go wholeheartedly because it's what they felt they needed at the time.  I was afraid this would happen, wrt meds, because I've seen it so often and sure enough...it did.  It was not a fun weekend.   Thank FSM, they're back on the meds now and they've fired the idiot/sponsor.

Well if everyone else is listening which I am sure they are not, this whole story is a fabrication by Anne, to gain negative attention about AA. What is the best way to do this, come sauntering in with a tear jerk story with a negative ending, bashing AA.
Just could not stand by, this whole story smelled like last months milk.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2010, 02:19:37 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Peace and much healing

It's too bad....it really was a fairly civilized conversation, for once, about the subject.

According to who????? BP, Frodie, Whooterfish, Che and you.

Offline photo man

• View Profile
Spammy message
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2010, 02:21:09 PM »
:rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:  - Spammy message -  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:  ::OMG::  ::OMG:: :sue:  :sue:

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2010, 02:24:00 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

Hey you Straight folks hang, just remember when you hang together, you also fall together when the branch breaks.

I hate derailing my topic any further but I must say you made a statement that almost was profound... Yes people who went through Straight are like survivors of a ship wreck and grateful to be alive and willing to give a hand to the next survivor and we morn the loss of our fallen.

Maybe that's what it is, you are jealous at how tight knit Straight survivors are and wish you too had that for your self.... Is that why you are so angry at us???

Peace and much healing

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2010, 02:32:06 PM »

Hey you Straight folks hang, just remember when you hang together, you also fall together when the branch breaks.

I hate derailing my topic any further but I must say you made a statement that almost was profound... Yes people who went through Straight are like survivors of a ship wreck and grateful to be alive and willing to give a hand to the next survivor and we morn the loss of our fallen.

Maybe that's what it is, you are jealous at how tight knit Straight survivors are and wish you too had that for your self.... Is that why you are so angry at us???

Peace and much healing

Dude without a doubt I probably hang with one of the largest concentrations of Straight folk there is. So please. (I have said this before). Know this, your views of AA is in the  minority with most Straights I know. Most of us were drug addicts and Alcoholics, we know that AA/NA is helping folks, whether you stay with AA/NA is another story. The programs work to get folks sobered up and heading in the right direction.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2010, 02:34:05 PM »
Frodie, say what you will, the girl is a liar. She knows this, you know it and everyone else knows it.

Not so. I do not know this, at all.

I think you are beginning to come unhinged lately, DB; I think you really could use a break from these forums...

:boycott:

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2010, 02:35:07 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
Frodie, say what you will, the girl is a liar. She knows this, you know it and everyone else knows it.

I think you are beginning to come unhinged lately, DB; I think you really could use a break from these forums...

Have a seat.

:rofl:  :cheers:

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2010, 02:39:41 PM »

DannyB II wrote:

Frodie wrote:

Anne wrote:

Have a seat.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2010, 02:41:14 PM »

DannyB II wrote:

Frodie wrote:

Anne wrote:

Have a seat.

No, Frod wrote that.   Ask him.......I quoted it before he replaced it with  :boycott:

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2010, 02:41:41 PM »

DannyB II wrote:

Frodie wrote:

Anne wrote:

Have a seat.

I think I will.  sigh..... Your killing me Anne with this stuff you write. :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2010, 02:42:25 PM »

I think I will.  sigh..... Your killing me Anne with this stuff you write. :rofl:  :rofl:

G'head.....ask him.