Author Topic: Hurricane Ike-Houston Please Read  (Read 3681 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hurricane Ike-Houston Please Read
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 11:47:53 AM »
Can you split all the rhetoric off from this thread and add it to the rotting carcass thread?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 12:10:28 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Can you split all the rhetoric off from this thread and add it to the rotting carcass thread?
I'd need permission from the guests.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 12:36:16 PM »
Psy,

You have my blessing to split it off.

Folks I don't need money. I might need physical help moving, and help finding a place to go. I am at my parents and that is not a great situation considering our past. No i am not a stranger trying o mooch off of anyone. I am a person in Houston trying to survive and a member of this chat board. I have not gone to FEMA or called my insurance company yet. I am waiting to see if the apt complex is condemned or what. Please don't fly off the handle about me asking for help. Read my past posts and you will know my history.

Thanks,
iamartsy

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 12:41:13 PM »
Quote from: "iamartsy"
Psy,

You have my blessing to split it off.

Folks I don't need money. I might need physical help moving, and help finding a place to go. I am at my parents and that is not a great situation considering our past. No i am not a stranger trying o mooch off of anyone. I am a person in Houston trying to survive and a member of this chat board. I have not gone to FEMA or called my insurance company yet. I am waiting to see if the apt complex is condemned or what. Please don't fly off the handle about me asking for help. Read my past posts and you will know my history.

Thanks,
iamartsy

Ok so basically you need a few strong backs? Well definitely if I was down that way I'd be more than happy to help. I think for your own safety I could be blindfolded to protect your identity. Just don't give me the fine china to move around.

Good luck with FEMA I'd wager to say you'll get a decent enough response this time around due to the politicals being touchy about the backlash after Katrina.

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 01:55:13 PM »
Che,

Not worried about you finding out my id. the grocery store finally has food so that is progress. it is survival of the fittest once you enter, but they have food. Good start. gotta go see what the apt status is today. will update tonight. ginger

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 03:47:25 PM »
Well good luck with all of that. Hopefully looting and such doesn't become a problem. If it does.. loot a generator store.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 09:35:05 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "mybrowsermisposted"
I’ll ask my pet geek to try. Upon success, you send the $ to artsy.

Long as you show me how (see above post).

Anyway, the danger isn’t just what’s directly evident via ip, it’s how an ip can be used to track a user from post to post.

So, if you give your age (anon) in one post, your program in another, your years in lock-up in another…this info can be united to i.d. you, if someone’s psycho enough to work that hard.

Presumably, that’s how Zen located ccm’s i.d.--that is, by pooling exploitable info and doing various searches until he got a name. If he,in fact, didn’t abuse powers, as some assumed..

Zen never had access to Ip address info.  Want to know how i'm so sure?  I'm sure because phpbb2 (what we had before SMF and before ppbb3) doesn't allow subforums (the PV forum is a subforum).  This means that the PV subforum (only thing Zen is or ever was a moderator of) could not have existed until we switched to SMF.  Another thing about SMF, and the way phpbb3 is set up now: moderators don't have access to IP address information.  (Read the manual if you want).  Zen never had access to IP address information. Also, CCM never claims to have posted as guest.  Look.  Take this crap somewhere else.  I've addressed this issue many times before:

viewtopic.php?p=312826#p312826

Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "nope"
Do you any of the above quotes have been altered?

1. Yes.  The highlighted line in red (above post) was never in the original here (febuary post), which, as you can also see, has not been modified as there is no modificiation tag*.

2. Even if such a line was there (which it wasn't, since the post I linked to above wasn't modified), all it would show is that Zen posted CCM's first name, Miranda, which was public knowledge (something that she published on antiWWASP and on her myspace page, available by googling her username).  If the line you inserted (forged) is accurate (which it's not since the post was not modified), all it would show is that zen threatened to out CCM, but did not actually do so (and none of that even shows he even had her info).

3. Even if Zen did out CCM by providing her full name, (which he did not do, and could not have done, as detailed above), there was no harm done, as not even CCM can provide evidence that she was harmed.

I am addressing this now as I did before the server crash and that post was lost (All posts between March 10th and about June 10th).  I will not address this again.  Rather I will quote this post.

*modifications made within 5 mins of posting are not recorded.  However.  See point 2.

If you want to continue this crap, do so in that thread.  This is about imartsy, and you're hijacking it for your own selfish drama.  Do it somewhere else.
   mybrowsermisposted wrote:I’ll ask my pet geek to try. Upon success, you send the $ to artsy.

Quote from: psylink=topic=25981.msg316772#msg316772 date=1213566054

Long as you show me how (see above post).

Anyway, the danger isn’t just what’s directly evident via ip, it’s how an ip can be used to track a user from post to post.

So, if you give your age (anon) in one post, your program in another, your years in lock-up in another…this info can be united to i.d. you, if someone’s psycho enough to work that hard.

Presumably, that’s how Zen located ccm’s i.d.--that is, by pooling exploitable info and doing various searches until he got a name. If he,in fact, didn’t abuse powers, as some assumed..

Zen never had access to Ip address info. Want to know how i'm so sure? I'm sure because phpbb2 (what we had before SMF and before ppbb3) doesn't allow subforums (the PV forum is a subforum). This means that the PV subforum (only thing Zen is or ever was a moderator of) could not have existed until we switched to SMF. Another thing about SMF, and the way phpbb3 is set up now: moderators don't have access to IP address information. (Read the manual if you want). Zen never had access to IP address information. Also, CCM never claims to have posted as guest. Look. Take this crap somewhere else. I've addressed this issue many times before:

viewtopic.php?p=312826#p312826

psy wrote:

nope wrote:Do you any of the above quotes have been altered?

1. Yes. The highlighted line in red (above post) was never in the original here (febuary post), which, as you can also see, has not been modified as there is no modificiation tag*.

2. Even if such a line was there (which it wasn't, since the post I linked to above wasn't modified), all it would show is that Zen posted CCM's first name, Miranda, which was public knowledge (something that she published on antiWWASP and on her myspace page, available by googling her username). If the line you inserted (forged) is accurate (which it's not since the post was not modified), all it would show is that zen threatened to out CCM, but did not actually do so (and none of that even shows he even had her info).

3. Even if Zen did out CCM by providing her full name, (which he did not do, and could not have done, as detailed above), there was no harm done, as not even CCM can provide evidence that she was harmed.

I am addressing this now as I did before the server crash and that post was lost (All posts between March 10th and about June 10th). I will not address this again. Rather I will quote this post.

*modifications made within 5 mins of posting are not recorded. However. See point 2.

If you want to continue this crap, do so in that thread. This is about imartsy, and you're hijacking it for your own selfish drama. Do it somewhere else.

Dick, I'm not anymore "selfish" than you.We're both posting here, off topic.

You're talking to 3 or 4 guests, I didn't say ccm was outed through powers being misused, or post your #.

If you had read MY post correctly, you'd see my point was that Zen could have outed CCM WITHOUT abusing his privileges--which is what people are assuming

My point was also, that when you can "track" posters you can pool more info(which is how you claim zen i.d'd ccm)--which is another danger from i.p.'s being available.

Hope I've cleared that up, for you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 09:41:02 PM »
If you want, you've my permission to move the off-topic posts to a new thread about moderator powers. But I'm only responsible for 3 guest posts so...

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 10:08:33 PM »
No, please don't move any posts. Don't make it so damned easy for trolls to derail a thread. Just skip the shit that's not of interest to you. It's just like ignoring a loud obnoxious drunk only easier.

Now then, anybody heard from any Cinci people? They got hit pretty hard. Well, not really, two days without power is pretty much SOP for Floridians. But they weren't prepared. Grocery stores have no power backup, restaurants are closed, power is still out for hundreds of thousands. So if you know anybody in that city see if you can find a way to check on them.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 10:50:18 PM »
Update 09_16_2008:

We now have periodic phone service. I am still at my parents and it is still not a good situation. I went to my apartment and took pictures today. They have started cleanup but have not started to reassemble my A/C unit. Electricity remains out for most of complex. There are shingle everywhere you step. I went to remove the drop cloths and towels I used to keep water from getting into the apartment and discovered they were drenched. I immediately retaped the drop cloths over the windows and left the towels in place. I emptied the fridge and turned it off for fear of mold. It stinks in from emptying out the fridge. There are lots of branches and tree limbs everywhere. The few living there are partying the day away. They are on the bottom floor so they don't have to worry about roof leaks like I do. I had mold from Rita and it will worsen now due to the heat in the apartment. Our management off is not present for my section. I have to go to another section to report problems.

Trying to find a new place to live or get into FEMA hotel for awhile. Starting that next online. This sucks. Those of you who think I am a mooch can take a hike. I stayed here to care for elderly parents in their 80's who refused to leave. Now I am stuck here until I can find a hotel to go to. If you guys have advice please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am very depressed at this point. Living with parents that never liked you much to begin with is not easy.

Iamartsy

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2010, 02:11:25 AM »
This is finally just a follow up! I am about to move. They still have not fixed up my apartment complex two years later. I mean, we did get a half-assed roof and my closet had the sheet rock replaced.  After much research, I have decided to move to a cooler climate, if I get financial approval from the landlord. Also I have to get out of my lease here in H-town. The beach in Galveston is still weird to visit, and still a mess. We can finally eat seafood at the restaurants not owned by Fertitta. I will post again after I get moved. If anyone cares to help me drive or get settled in my new Midwest area drop me a PM. IAmArtsy