Author Topic: Hurricane Ike-Houston Please Read  (Read 3718 times)

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
Hurricane Ike-Houston Please Read
« on: September 15, 2008, 06:20:37 PM »
Hey you guys,

I am in Houston. If any of of you are in Texas and can help me relocate once it becomes possible please message me. My Apartment is in bad shape. Hoping FEMA will reimburse me for what insurance won't pay. I will probably have to find new place. I think my apt was hit by a few tornadoes and don't know what will happen to it. I am at my parents for now and that is not a good situation. Psy can explain more if you need. Thanks for any help. Those of you who think we are assholes for living on a coast please shut up. I was in a jam with elderly parents. At this point there needs are okay, and I feel I can leave. For now trying to find shelter. Iamartsy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hurricane Ike-Houston Please Read
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 07:30:10 PM »
I don't exactly have much I can help with in terms of rooming, cash, and etc. But if I were to send money where would I send it?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 08:45:45 PM »
WARNING! do N-O-T give this user your address!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 12:47:14 AM »
Quote from: "Uh-OH"
WARNING! do N-O-T give this user your address!!!

Too late.

Kevin/zenangent, furniture installing, survivor abusing extraordinaire, no doubt has his docs already (he’s a mod and can see your info)…& that doesn’t end very well…

Quote from: "CCM girl 1989"
Is it irritating to me that Zen never took full responsibility? [for posting her name and address] Yes. But, what can you do? Especially when Psy defends him,

I'm not sure why? I'm assuming because he knew he went too far in posting all my info. It was a shitty thing to do.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 01:37:11 AM »
Excessively inflammatory. Mods cant see your info. Buck up and get real.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 01:54:19 AM »
I'd love to hear that from management. Users have asked about that and were ignored.

Wanna weight in, administration?

The last system was fixed so mods couldn't see info. In this system, mods can see it again, methinks...and a whole lot else..

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 02:02:03 AM »
Quote from: "koolot"
I'd love to hear that from management. Users have asked about that and were ignored.

The last system was fixed so mods couldn't see info. In this system, mods can see it again, methinks...and a whole lot else..

Mods can't see anything.  This has been addrssed many times.  I'm sick of this misinformation.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 02:05:27 AM »
In this system, mods can see it again, methinks...and a whole lot else..

False.  I even turned off IP address viewing for admins (this is possible when one turns off post info viewing for the global moderator group).
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 02:17:57 AM »
Quote from: "psy"

Mods can't see anything.  This has been addrssed many times.  I'm sick of this misinformation.

This question was raised  re. the system move and not answered…which looked suspicious.

But anyway… mods can’t see i.p’s, host, browser, os, cookies, or anything at all which can identify a poster uniquely? They can’t read P.M.s?

And the info you give is accurate and you aren’t just saying any of this to shut anyone up, right?
(Not saying you are, of course)

And, btw, any "false" info i give  re. what people can and can't see is unintentionally done.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 02:30:13 AM »
Quote from: "ka"
But anyway… mods can’t see i.p’s, host, browser, os, cookies, or anything at all which can identify a poster uniquely? They can’t read P.M.s?

No, they can't.  And even if they could...  My ip address is 83.202.40.108.  Host is Intel. OS is Mac OS 10.5.4.  Browser is Firefox 3.0.1.  If you can give me physical address using that info, and show me how you did it, i'll paypal you a hundred bucks.

And the info you give is accurate

Yes.

and you aren’t just saying any of this to shut anyone up, right?

No, but I do wish people would about this, since it's a non-issue.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 03:45:11 AM »
Quote from: "ka"

No, they can't.  And even if they could...  My ip address is 83.202.40.108.  Host is Intel. OS is Mac OS 10.5.4.  Browser is Firefox 3.0.1.  If you can give me physical address using that info, and show me how you did it, i'll paypal you a hundred bucks.

I’ll ask my pet geek to try. Upon success, you send the $ to artsy.

Anyway, the danger isn’t just what’s directly evident via ip, it’s how an ip can be used to track a user from post to post.

So, if you give your age (anon) in one post, your program in another, your years in lock-up in another…this info can be united to i.d. you, if someone’s psycho enough to work that hard.

Presumably, that’s how Zen located ccm’s i.d.(that is by pooling exploitable info, if he,in fact, didn’t abuse powers, as some assumed)..

Quote from: "Nihilanthic"
Quote from: "CCM girl 1989"
For your own well being, CCM, learn that anything you post anywhere is easily retrievable with the right context and the ability to use boolean strings with "Google". You need to learn how to not let things slip.

Quote from: "pppppfffbbb."
what he [zen] posted […]was accurate and came from your[ccm’s] own lack of discretion on the internet.  

Quote from: "ZenAgent"
I never posted any info the who didn't ask for, and even then I used blanks and said I wouldn't leave it up.  Who […] outed CCM as the person who was posting bullshit about me, and confirmed I had her first name right.

Seeing as how CCM offered money for my info, which is stalking, I've got her address to send the cops to without having to ask around, huh?

Loser...  
So, at least that's cleared up...and it's nice to know we've more privacy than i thought

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 06:09:08 AM »

Anyway, the danger isn’t just what’s directly evident via ip, it’s how an ip can be used to track a user from post to post.

So, if you give your age (anon) in one post, your program in another, your years in lock-up in another…this info can be united to i.d. you, if someone’s psycho enough to work that hard.

Presumably, that’s how Zen located ccm’s i.d.--that is, by pooling exploitable info and doing various searches until he got a name. If he,in fact, didn’t abuse powers, as some assumed..

Quote from: "Nihilanthic"
For your own well being, CCM, learn that anything you post anywhere is easily retrievable with the right context and the ability to use boolean strings with "Google". You need to learn how to not let things slip.

Quote from: "pppppfffbbb."
what he [zen] posted […]was accurate and came from your[ccm’s] own lack of discretion on the internet.  

Quote from: "ZenAgent"
I never posted any info the who didn't ask for, and even then I used blanks and said I wouldn't leave it up.  Who […] outed CCM as the person who was posting bullshit about me, and confirmed I had her first name right.

Seeing as how CCM offered money for my info, which is stalking, I've got her address to send the cops to without having to ask around, huh?

Loser...  
So, at least that's cleared up...and it's nice to know we've more privacy than i thought

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 06:22:43 AM »
My ip address is 83.202.40.108.  Host is Intel. OS is Mac OS 10.5.4.  Browser is Firefox 3.0.1.  If you can give me physical address using that info, and show me how you did it, i'll paypal you a hundred bucks.

How about the last seven digits of your phone number: 786-4015. Keep the $100; you'll be needing it.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 07:50:06 AM »
Quote from: "Psyche"
[How about the last seven digits of your phone number: 786-4015.
Nope. And that's really bad considering my phone number has been posted here publicly several times (it's 571 277 5341... gimme a call sometime).  I also said that if you posted my address, you would also have to show how you could get from an IP address to a physical address in order to collect the 100.  I'm quite confident it's not possible (at least not without a subpoena)...  so knock yourself out.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 08:14:03 AM »
Quote from: "mybrowsermisposted"

Long as you show me how (see above post).

Presumably, that’s how Zen located ccm’s i.d.--that is, by pooling exploitable info and doing various searches until he got a name. If he,in fact, didn’t abuse powers, as some assumed..

Zen never had access to Ip address info.  Want to know how i'm so sure?  I'm sure because phpbb2 (what we had before SMF and before ppbb3) doesn't allow subforums (the PV forum is a subforum).  This means that the PV subforum (only thing Zen is or ever was a moderator of) could not have existed until we switched to SMF.  Another thing about SMF, and the way phpbb3 is set up now: moderators don't have access to IP address information.  (Read the manual if you want).  Zen never had access to IP address information. Also, CCM never claims to have posted as guest.  Look.  Take this crap somewhere else.  I've addressed this issue many times before:

http://fornits.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=312826#p312826

Quote from: "nope"
Do you any of the above quotes have been altered?

1. Yes.  The highlighted line in red (above post) was never in the original here (febuary post), which, as you can also see, has not been modified as there is no modificiation tag*.

2. Even if such a line was there (which it wasn't, since the post I linked to above wasn't modified), all it would show is that Zen posted CCM's first name, Miranda, which was public knowledge (something that she published on antiWWASP and on her myspace page, available by googling her username).  If the line you inserted (forged) is accurate (which it's not since the post was not modified), all it would show is that zen threatened to out CCM, but did not actually do so (and none of that even shows he even had her info).

3. Even if Zen did out CCM by providing her full name, (which he did not do, and could not have done, as detailed above), there was no harm done, as not even CCM can provide evidence that she was harmed.

I am addressing this now as I did before the server crash and that post was lost (All posts between March 10th and about June 10th).  I will not address this again.  Rather I will quote this post.

*modifications made within 5 mins of posting are not recorded.  However.  See point 2.

If you want to continue this crap, do so in that thread.  This is about imartsy, and you're hijacking it for your own selfish drama.  Do it somewhere else.