Author Topic: How a program saved my life  (Read 7135 times)

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
How a program saved my life
« on: August 25, 2010, 05:15:48 PM »
Hello there, thank you for taking an interest in this topic. I am going to talk about in this thread how a program managed to save my life, and why it was absolutely necessary. Let me first say, I don't claim every teen should be sent to a program. I was a particularly troubled teen, and my family tried all the local options first. Being sent to a program for myself, was truly the end of the line, the absolute and final option. The program saved my life, pulling along myself as an unwilling participant, kicking and screaming, desperate to end their own life, through extensive drug use and extremely suicidal behaviors.

Fornits has a lot of threads recently about drama between members here, satire and claims and counter claims. To a new poster here, these threads are gibberish and mean nothing to them. So in this thread, I am going to focus on my experience, how things really were in my experience, and working hard to be honest with myself even if it causes self incrimination and repudiation. I am willing to be open, in the name of honesty, because I don't post here with an agenda. I'm sure some people will read what I write, and my experiences, and conclude I was held captive against my will, even abused, and ultimately brainwashed into the current damaged and/or mentally ill person I am today. But other people will read it, and understand and empathize with the honest accounts of my own experiences, and come to their own conclusion that I am trying my best to be accurate in both my presentation and representation of all my various experiences, and ultimate conclusions based on them.

I deserved, and desperately needed to be sent to a program. That statement would of made me uncomfortable to say a few years ago. It was more comfortable to think of myself as a victim of outside forces, my parents, the program, and society. I worked hard to fill my mind with information to corroborate this blame, and it works, for a while. But my deep desire to find the truth in my own experiences ultimately led to another realization, and that is that if I had been left to my own devices, I would have killed myself with drugs or my behaviors. My parents tried therapy and I would sit their quietly, happy in the thought of wasting their money and making the therapist angry. When I was caught with drugs and alcohol I was sent to a residential state run program, but manipulated my way out, by running away. Because they didn't have a policy for that, run, and you're free. So I was my parents problem again. I kept using, kept stealing, kept doing whatever I felt like and finally my parents had enough. They sent me where I could not manipulate my way out, or run away, or sit there and be silent and waste their money. They sent me to a program.

I was angry, and tried my best to get out through any means necessary. I used some disgusting tactics, that I am not proud of, but I am willing to be honest at the lengths I was willing to go in order to get what I want. The program stood firm, the first people to ever do this to me. I fought more, and they continued to stand firm. Eventually I realized it wasn't going to work, and changed my tactics of self destruction and opened my ears a bit to what they had to say. But I was never brainwashed as described on this forum, I was not ready then to admit that they had in fact just saved my life. It took some time of careful deliberation and thinking, and the most painful thing, to admit I was wrong. I was not a victim of anybody, only a victim of my extremely detrimental and self destructive choices. This was a hard pill to swallow, but accepting something like this is easy, because it feels completely true with everything I am. So here I am today, alive, and well, all because my parents had the fortitude to stick with the program, through all my manipulative communications and threats I sent them, they stood firm and told me no. No, you can not have the freedom to destroy yourself while you are still my child.

What can I say? I am more grateful than anyone can possibly imagine. I never thanked anybody at the program, for putting up with my constant bullshit and manipulations. But I did get a chance to thank my parents for saving my life, years after the fact, when I realized this truth after maturing and developing the ability to be honest with myself. I am not saying this is the experience of everybody who posts here. I can only speak for myself. I was a very troubled teen, on a unstoppable path of self destruction. It took a secured and tightly controlled program to keep me from accomplishing this fatal goal. This is my experience, and this is my truth. Perhaps I am the only person that has had this experience, I really can't speak for others. But I want to share my experience on this forum, and with other people who experienced, because I can and because it's true. Thank you for reading this. Remember, my intent in posting this is not to offend anyone. It is only to share my own opinions on my own experience. Let's show new fornits users what this forum can be like, and keep this thread civil. I promise to act civil, if you do. It's time to move fornits, to a more mature conversation. Join me, and let's get to work.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline photo man

• View Profile
SUCK IT
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 05:20:59 PM »
Quote from: "Maximilian"
Hello there, thank you for taking an interest in this topic. I am going to talk about in this thread how a program managed to save my life, and why it was absolutely necessary. Let me first say, I don't claim every teen should be sent to a program. I was a particularly troubled teen, and my family tried all the local options first. Being sent to a program for myself, was truly the end of the line, the absolute and final option. The program saved my life, pulling along myself as an unwilling participant, kicking and screaming, desperate to end their own life, through extensive drug use and extremely suicidal behaviors.

Fornits has a lot of threads recently about drama between members here, satire and claims and counter claims. To a new poster here, these threads are gibberish and mean nothing to them. So in this thread, I am going to focus on my experience, how things really were in my experience, and working hard to be honest with myself even if it causes self incrimination and repudiation. I am willing to be open, in the name of honesty, because I don't post here with an agenda. I'm sure some people will read what I write, and my experiences, and conclude I was held captive against my will, even abused, and ultimately brainwashed into the current damaged and/or mentally ill person I am today. But other people will read it, and understand and empathize with the honest accounts of my own experiences, and come to their own conclusion that I am trying my best to be accurate in both my presentation and representation of all my various experiences, and ultimate conclusions based on them.

I deserved, and desperately needed to be sent to a program. That statement would of made me uncomfortable to say a few years ago. It was more comfortable to think of myself as a victim of outside forces, my parents, the program, and society. I worked hard to fill my mind with information to corroborate this blame, and it works, for a while. But my deep desire to find the truth in my own experiences ultimately led to another realization, and that is that if I had been left to my own devices, I would have killed myself with drugs or my behaviors. My parents tried therapy and I would sit their quietly, happy in the thought of wasting their money and making the therapist angry. When I was caught with drugs and alcohol I was sent to a residential state run program, but manipulated my way out, by running away. Because they didn't have a policy for that, run, and you're free. So I was my parents problem again. I kept using, kept stealing, kept doing whatever I felt like and finally my parents had enough. They sent me where I could not manipulate my way out, or run away, or sit there and be silent and waste their money. They sent me to a program.

I was angry, and tried my best to get out through any means necessary. I used some disgusting tactics, that I am not proud of, but I am willing to be honest at the lengths I was willing to go in order to get what I want. The program stood firm, the first people to ever do this to me. I fought more, and they continued to stand firm. Eventually I realized it wasn't going to work, and changed my tactics of self destruction and opened my ears a bit to what they had to say. But I was never brainwashed as described on this forum, I was not ready then to admit that they had in fact just saved my life. It took some time of careful deliberation and thinking, and the most painful thing, to admit I was wrong. I was not a victim of anybody, only a victim of my extremely detrimental and self destructive choices. This was a hard pill to swallow, but accepting something like this is easy, because it feels completely true with everything I am. So here I am today, alive, and well, all because my parents had the fortitude to stick with the program, through all my manipulative communications and threats I sent them, they stood firm and told me no. No, you can not have the freedom to destroy yourself while you are still my child.

What can I say? I am more grateful than anyone can possibly imagine. I never thanked anybody at the program, for putting up with my constant bullshit and manipulations. But I did get a chance to thank my parents for saving my life, years after the fact, when I realized this truth after maturing and developing the ability to be honest with myself. I am not saying this is the experience of everybody who posts here. I can only speak for myself. I was a very troubled teen, on a unstoppable path of self destruction. It took a secured and tightly controlled program to keep me from accomplishing this fatal goal. This is my experience, and this is my truth. Perhaps I am the only person that has had this experience, I really can't speak for others. But I want to share my experience on this forum, and with other people who experienced, because I can and because it's true. Thank you for reading this. Remember, my intent in posting this is not to offend anyone. It is only to share my own opinions on my own experience. Let's show new fornits users what this forum can be like, and keep this thread civil. I promise to act civil, if you do. It's time to move fornits, to a more mature conversation. Join me, and let's get to work.

- SUCK IT -  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 05:28:44 PM by photo man »

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Re: How I claim a program saved my life
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 05:25:16 PM »

Go to an AA or NA website to preach your Stepcraft...

:bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:   :bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :bs: :bs:

Offline iJust

• View Profile
Re: How a program saved my life
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 05:31:21 PM »
Dude.  You're signature kinda gives it away  "one day at a time".  Same as your old username, SUCK IT.  What's the matter?  You tarnished your last name so much after being exposed as a liar you figured you'd just invent a new name and nobody would notice.  You lied about being blackmailed to make this forum look bad.  You wrote "This thread documents the failed attempt to blackmail me into silence. This is a common occurrence on this forum, beware releasing personal information to people here, say the wrong thing, and that info might be used against you." when in fact you had suffered no threats.  There was no blackmail.

Why should anybody believe anything you have to say.  You probably weren't even in a program.  Just another pack of lies.  It's why you won't provide any details other than the hollow refrain of "the program saved my life".
"Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong?" -Willie Nelson

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 05:33:57 PM »
Let's keep it civil, people.

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 05:36:05 PM »
No. You aren't worth it.

Just another spam thread.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 05:36:45 PM »
If anybody has a good faith question to ask, go ahead, please. If you want to post something respectful and civil, as I have, then I will choose to respond. But I"ll tell you right now, I will not be responding to angry accusations, conspiracy theories, or insults. I'm trying to accomplish something here, you can be a part of it, or not. That choice is yours, but if we can have a mature conversation then fornits wins, so we all win. With the status quo everybody loses.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 05:38:28 PM »

Civility can return when people quit preaching stepcraft here...  ::deadhorse::

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 05:40:37 PM »
If anybody has a good faith question to ask, go ahead, please. If you want to post something respectful and civil, as I have, then I will choose to respond. But I"ll tell you right now, I will not be responding to angry accusations, conspiracy theories, or insults. I'm trying to accomplish something here, you can be a part of it, or not. That choice is yours, but if we can have a mature conversation then fornits wins, so we all win. With the status quo everybody loses.
[/b][/color]

Sounds just like the Who....

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 05:43:18 PM »

i;ll give you 3 chances to guess my response,
Very good you're right,
itwas GO FUCK YOURSELF!
?©?€~¥@

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 05:45:47 PM »
In order for us to have a meaningful conversation I must first know WHICH PROGRAM you were in. Oh who the fuck am i kidding....Fuck You - SUCK IT.

Offline Awake

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 05:48:26 PM »
Well SUCK IT, it turns out you are a liar and willing to play dirty underhanded games to manipulate peoples view of programs.  You pretended someone on fornits was blackmailing you into silence by threatening to approach your boss about things you admitted about yourself. You attempted to lie and discredit posters by posing as your own attacker to cast doubt on those critical of programs.

It is clear your program failed you, if you even went. You spoke of becoming a good and decent person because of your program.  I wonder what you think you mean when you say you learned ‘honesty’ and ‘accountability’?   To hear you come on here over and over preaching about your ‘positive’ growth in programs with such genuine sentiment only to show you would top that façade by choosing to fake being PosterX, lying about blackmailing yourself so that you could effectively blackmail fornits. It is clear that your program taught you nothing but how to be a cheat and a liar. Thanks for finally getting open about who you really are and the kind of values we can expect programs to impose on vulnerable youth.

You have no one to blame but yourself. You either chose to betray your values, or you really have no shame. I’m sure you will continue to lie to yourself and tell yourself that you feel good about what you did but you don’t.  And the few folks who have backed your stances before are not going to come out in support of you doing what you did here, faking being a blackmail victim to falsely win over peoples sympathies. Those people who have been in support of you know what you did was wrong, even if they have been too afraid to say that openly.  

It is unfortunate that you had to resort to such lies and deception to maintain your support for these places.  I don’t expect that you will ever hold yourself accountable for your choosing to use lies and deception to manipulate someone to give up their child. It is sad to think there are desperate parents getting conned by people like you.

I’m sorry for giving you any extra attention than you are already getting over this, you are clearly getting off on wallowing in it.

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 05:57:42 PM »
I am free to post satire if I want, it's not against the rules here. Neither is posting under another username. It's obvious that thread bothered you a lot. I think it was so over the top, it was obviously tongue in cheek and most people figured that out on the first page. Now some would love to hang this around my neck, the scarlet letter of diminished credibility. If it bothers you that much, I don't know what to say. I think satire has it's place in discussions, and makes some valuable points, and is humorous. Obviously I made some people angry, but then again my simple presence enrages people, and every post I make since I started posting here is met with insults and hatred. So no, I'm not worried about that thread having an impact on my credibility.

Most people understand satire and it's purpose, but the haters are going to attempt to use anything to discredit me, as people who stalk whooter attempt to do. This thread has nothing to do with that, but yet it's been brought up, simply in an attempt to discredit me. Nobody can argue against what I posted, because it's true, and it really happened. It doesn't surprise me though, because this is how fornits has responded to my posts since I let it be known a program saved my life. If only I had called myself survivor and admitted I was abused, then my posterX satirical thread would have been considered "good fun!" instead of "malicious". I should say, your post was on the line of getting into disrespectful, so if you want a response next time let's keep it a bit more civil. Notice my posts don't contain my theories about other people, insults, or constant attempts to discredit people? That is because I let my arguments stand on their own, and let people decide for themselves. Thanks for posting.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 05:59:06 PM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
[/b][/color]

Just like Who... Totally avoided responding to what I highlighted... Makes me believe that I am right !!!!  ::OMG::

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 06:02:10 PM »
[/b][/color]

Just like Who... Totally avoided responding to what I highlighted... Makes me believe that I am right !!!!  ::OMG::

Jeesh,  I just had all my posts tied to my user name, Botched.  I am not this guy Maxmillian... lol here we go again.