Author Topic: Post your positive program experiences  (Read 23957 times)

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
Re: Post your positive program experiences
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2010, 07:32:32 PM »
Another positive experience I had was Thanksgiving dinner at the program. I was a lot more thankful for things then, when you realize how much you take for granted, after it's taken away. I was grateful that I was still alive and could make the choices needed to help myself. We got to eat a lot of food, and even desserts, and everyone had a lot of fun. It was kind of sad to be away from family, but being away made me appreciate them even more, and I knew if I improved myself I could be back with my family the next year's Thanksgiving. But the people I shared the dinner with were my new family so it was a positive experience overall.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
one day at a time

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2010, 10:54:49 PM »
Danny B  wrote;
"Guys we were talking about giving folks cake on there birthday. Jesus, must you over analyze everything."

Again everybody missed my piont. It's not that the cake symbolized anything in particular. Just the fact that it was there at all. In my 5 months in the program  We never celebrated anybody's birthday. Hell, we weren't alowed to speak to each other outside of the raps. I would have killed for a peice of cake. The program was filled with nothing but hate. And all the time they tell you that they love you. What a complete crock of shit. CAKE MY,ASS!
?©?€~¥@

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2010, 11:00:13 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
Danny B  wrote;
"Guys we were talking about giving folks cake on there birthday. Jesus, must you over analyze everything."

Again everybody missed my piont. It's not that the cake symbolized anything in particular. Just the fact that it was there at all. In my 5 months in the program  We never celebrated anybody's birthday. Hell, we weren't alowed to speak to each other outside of the raps. I would have killed for a peice of cake. The program was filled with nothing but hate. And all the time they tell you that they love you. What a complete crock of shit. CAKE MY,ASS!

Sorry, you could not have cake. Want a piece of mine?
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2010, 11:00:59 PM »
What, nobody's pointed out the obvious?

The cake is a lie.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2010, 11:02:44 PM »
Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"
What, nobody's pointed out the obvious?

The cake is a lie.

No cake is just cake. Your a lie!!!!!
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2010, 11:03:35 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
Danny B  wrote;

This serves as more evidence that not all programs are alike.  Programs vary drastically (as we have read here) and we need to look at each one independently and not judge the entire industry based on a few events or abusive programs.

This seems to becoming more and more apparent as time goes on.

Offline Awake

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2010, 01:00:44 AM »
Well  the birthday cake conversation struck me as ironic, being that where I was,  part of the program involved one of many secretive overnight rituals involving hours of guided confrontation therapy and intense pressure to disclose every little bad thing you did or even thought about. After many hours of self denunciation and expressions of self hatred, at some point they orchestrated a mock birthday party to celebrate as a sort of tacit agreement and reward for learning the next level of the schools hidden doctrine.  It was basically a ritual to kill off the old you and having a birthday for the new you.

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2010, 03:02:35 AM »
Some , like me for instance, desperately needed the old self killed off. My way of coping was self destructive and my behaviors were literally suicidal. I was on a path of self destruction and the program stood in my way and told me I couldn't keep doing what i was doing. By stopping the self destructive and negative behaviors I let my true self shine through, the really old self, the one I forgot about a long time ago, like I was when I was a little innocent child. That's what I gained back through a long process of self discovery and learning to take personal accountability for my actions and role in my own fate. I'm thankful somebody/something finally stood in my way on my path to death and destruction. I know not everybody feels this way, but I really needed help even though i didn't want it or ask for it. Being in a program was stressful but there were also some positive times and I just thought I'd post some of them in this thread. When I first got in the program I viewed myself as a victim of circumstance, not realizing that it was my own actions that created my reality. It took maturity and time and being able to look at my own experience with an open mind for that to change. It can be a freeing experience to get honest, really honest with yourself because really, sometimes the most obvious things are hidden from ourselves, that other people tend to notice right away.
one day at a time

Offline anythinganyone

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2010, 03:22:07 AM »
You sound like one of those nasty WWASP seminar facilitators, spouting such things as "magical child" under new terminology and so forth.  I wish I still had my "seminar binder".

At Cross Creek, everyone but staff buddies in a group were allowed cake during birthdays.  The birthday of a staff buddy brought no cake.  Which reminds me, when kids were given a CANDY BAR like SNICKERS for winning the "leader of the month" award, and shit, that was a WONDERFUL reward, because we did not get CANDY BARS...

But we did get pies made of whipped cream and cake...

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2010, 04:54:08 AM »
Quote from: "SUCK IT"
Some , like me for instance, desperately needed the old self killed off. My way of coping was self destructive and my behaviors were literally suicidal. I was on a path of self destruction and the program stood in my way and told me I couldn't keep doing what i was doing. By stopping the self destructive and negative behaviors I let my true self shine through, the really old self, the one I forgot about a long time ago, like I was when I was a little innocent child. That's what I gained back through a long process of self discovery and learning to take personal accountability for my actions and role in my own fate. I'm thankful somebody/something finally stood in my way on my path to death and destruction. I know not everybody feels this way, but I really needed help even though i didn't want it or ask for it. Being in a program was stressful but there were also some positive times and I just thought I'd post some of them in this thread. When I first got in the program I viewed myself as a victim of circumstance, not realizing that it was my own actions that created my reality. It took maturity and time and being able to look at my own experience with an open mind for that to change. It can be a freeing experience to get honest, really honest with yourself because really, sometimes the most obvious things are hidden from ourselves, that other people tend to notice right away.

Yeah this is not going to be deleted. It is too chock full of buzzwords and other garbage from a seminar for it to be deleted.

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2010, 08:52:43 AM »
By stopping the self destructive and negative behaviors I let my true self shine through, the really old self, the one I forgot about a long time ago, like I was when I was a little innocent child.

Never thought I'd see this condensed infantilist shit posted in earnest on Fornits. Reads like one of the more disturbing stories. Go Google, I don't even want to link to that. Here's a sample image so you all know what you're getting into before you do.

...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2010, 08:58:20 AM »
My most positive experience in the program to which I was subjected would have to be the day they failed in their attempt at court-ordering me to complete it.

Second best would be the time I escaped for over a month.

Third would be escaping for a couple of days.

Fourth would be helping others get legal assistance in getting out.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline Awake

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2010, 10:14:14 AM »
Quote from: "SUCK IT"

If you felt that for yourself you needed a program to assist you in suicide, that is fine. If the SUCK IT of today is better than what you were before maybe it was a good choice for you. I hope you are not suggesting that you believe that someone should be forced to got through lengthy exhausting rituals that, unbeknownst to them, will require a negative group growth dynamic to acheive ego death among the participants, are you?

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2010, 11:38:24 AM »
Wow, according to SUCK IT he was a narcisstic, sociopathic anti-social piece of human garbage before the unnamed program magically transformed him into the saint he is today. What a complete and utter crock of shit.

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2010, 01:48:58 PM »
I can only think of one positive aspect of the time I spent in the program ( straight spinoff in Florida ), which is this.  It inoculated me somewhat against cult-style manipulation.  I spent the five months there ( all on phase one ) watching how they manipulated perfectly normal teenagers and gradually turned them into sociopaths.  I took note of how many rules were just about power and control and had nothing to do with addiction.  I noticed that everyone seemed to be lying in their M.I.’s, which I refused to do and was consistently punished for.  I developed a very serious drug problem after finally escaping which I have since overcome.  I am now an atheist and am very distrustful of groups like AA and NA, although both of those organizations have helped many people, they still require belief in a “ higher power “.  I want nothing to do with the God worshiped by the people in that program in Florida.  Not even if he offers me cake, which, by the way, we didn’t get where I was, probably just because the manipulation potential of a birthday party had just not yet occurred to them. ::deadhorse::