Author Topic: Dear Mom & Dad  (Read 6698 times)

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
Re: Dear Mom & Dad
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2010, 06:50:15 PM »
Danny telling everybody else to "grow up". Yeah thats funny coming from a self proclaimed drug addict, alcoholic and child abuser. Yeah I wanna "grow up" to be just like you Danny or am I now speaking to SUCK IT or DannyB11, who are you right now?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2010, 07:02:14 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Quote from: "AuntieEm2"
Suck It forgot to mention the part where it costs $90,000 a year and the child will be kept apart from his or her family for three years or more--in the name of "preserving the family." My niece's parents spent more than a quarter million dollars. The corporation that ran her boarding school laughed all the way to the bank. They pressure vulnerable parents, and then take them for every penny they've got.

Go ahead, Mom and Dad: get royally ripped off.

Auntie Em
Would you please educate yourself up, Em. Your spiel is from years ago, parents have evolved.
They have tried to explain this here on fornits lately but you will not listen to them.
A quarter of a million, must have been a great school.
Miss Porters School in Farmington, CT. costs about that much.
Actually, Auntie Em's niece got out fairly recently, within the past year or so. I guess ya haven't  "educated yourself up" enough, Danny...

Come on Ursus, even you can admit that auntie ems' nieces' experience is a one-off.  The average kid spends 12 to 16 months in a decent program today with a cost of about $100,000.  80% of these kids benefit greatly and move on with their lives.  Anyone can point to Columbine high-school and say the families there had a bad experience back then, but it doesn't represent the normal high-school experience as we see it today.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2010, 07:22:14 PM »
Quote from: "shaggys"
Danny telling everybody else to "grow up". Yeah thats funny coming from a self proclaimed drug addict, alcoholic and child abuser. Yeah I wanna "grow up" to be just like you Danny or am I now speaking to SUCK IT or DannyB11, who are you right now?

:eek:  :bs:  ::poke::  ::deadhorse::  :jerry:

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 08:55:34 PM »
Suck It forgot to mention the part where it costs $90,000 a year and the child will be kept apart from his or her family for three years or more--in the name of "preserving the family." My niece's parents spent more than a quarter million dollars. The corporation that ran her boarding school laughed all the way to the bank. They pressure vulnerable parents, and then take them for every penny they've got.

Auntie Em
Would you please educate yourself up, Em. Your spiel is from years ago, parents have evolved.
They have tried to explain this here on fornits lately but you will not listen to them.
Actually, Auntie Em's niece got out fairly recently, within the past year or so. I guess ya haven't "educated yourself up" enough, Danny...
Ursus, why I have to continue to bring you up to speed on posts is beyond me. I could care less when her niece graduated, the post was asking Em, to educate herself.
Thanks anyway, how ya coming on those disputed posts.
Gee, Danny, if ya couldn't care less, why'd ya make such a big deal about telling Auntie Em her "spiel is from years ago, parents have evolved."

I still say ya haven't edumacated yerself up enough.

And... as far as I know, you and Whooter are the only ones who seem to have problems with "disputed posts." Good luck with that!  :D
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2010, 09:13:11 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"

Auntie Em
Actually, Auntie Em's niece got out fairly recently, within the past year or so. I guess ya haven't  "educated yourself up" enough, Danny...
Come on Ursus, even you can admit that auntie ems' nieces' experience is a one-off.  The average kid spends 12 to 16 months in a decent program today with a cost of about $100,000.  80% of these kids benefit greatly and move on with their lives.  Anyone can point to Columbine high-school and say the families there had a bad experience back then, but it doesn't represent the normal high-school experience as we see it today.
Noooope. Happens all the time. Programs often try to convince parents that their kids need "more treatment than expected," especially towards the end of the previously contracted time period.

It's pretty standard operating procedure at Hyde School. They call it a "Senior Leadership" year. Lol. Parents actually pay Hyde for the "privilege" of having their kids function effectively as a cut below unpaid junior staff. And Hyde even throws a carrot into the mix to make such serfdom a more attractive enterprise. That is, the possibility of being able to graduate from Hyde with a "Hyde Diploma" instead of just a certificate of having done the necessary coursework.

But not all parents are open to such manipulation. My guess is that ASR correctly gauged that you ... were not.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2010, 09:15:05 PM »

Auntie Em
Actually, Auntie Em's niece got out fairly recently, within the past year or so. I guess ya haven't "educated yourself up" enough, Danny...
Ursus, why I have to continue to bring you up to speed on posts is beyond me. I could care less when her niece graduated, the post was asking Em, to educate herself.
Thanks anyway, how ya coming on those disputed posts.
Gee, Danny, if ya couldn't care less, why'd ya make such a big deal about telling Auntie Em her "spiel is from years ago, parents have evolved."

I still say ya haven't edumacated yerself up enough.

And... as far as I know, you and Whooter are the only ones who seem to have problems with "disputed posts." Good luck with that!  :D

Ya,  Whooter, Suck It, Tiger, TimScrivener, Myself and the countless others have had problems with you and others.
So as a collective we say, "please if you need help deciphering our posts" let us know, were here.
Use your noggin though and be a gentlemen.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2010, 09:20:42 PM »

Auntie Em
Noooope. Happens all the time. Programs often try to convince parents that their kids need "more treatment than expected," especially towards the end of the previously contracted time period.

It's pretty standard operating procedure at Hyde School. They call it a "Senior Leadership" year. Lol. Parents actually pay Hyde for the "privilege" of having their kids function effectively as a cut below unpaid junior staff. And Hyde even throws a carrot into the mix to make such serfdom a more attractive enterprise. That is, the possibility of being able to graduate from Hyde with a "Hyde Diploma" instead of just a certificate of having done the necessary coursework.

But not all parents are open to such manipulation. My guess is that ASR correctly gauged that you ... were not.

What Ursus is not saying is he doesn't even know if this is still happening and that the percentage of students doing this is so minuscule, it wasn't even worth mentioning.
Oh but Mr.Drama man just likes to squeeze every bit of torture out of Hyde Prep School.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2010, 09:13:42 AM »
Quote from: "SUCK IT"
So you come in my threads

Your threads????

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Read the description....right up there ^^^^^^^^

An open discussion about the troubled parent industry
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2010, 09:25:28 AM »
My comments in blue.

Would you please educate yourself up, Em (educate yourself up???  How does that work? Do you stand on a really tall building and read Curious George?  And talk about ironic.....Danny telling someone to educate themselves (up  :rofl: )????.  :roflmao:

Your spiel is from years ago, parents have evolved.

But then later in the same thread.....

I could care less when her niece graduated,

Can't you even make up your own mind?   Oh....that's right.  When you're still a true-blue believer, you can't.  Your beliefs have been replaced by Elan/AA's beliefs.  You go with whatever you've been programmed to believe.  In your case, that means denying the abuse that is continuing inside these hellholes today even if it means that you contradict yourself in the same friggin thread.  But, as we've seen....you're not the brightest crayon in the box, are you?
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2010, 11:03:30 AM »
Thank you for defending me, Ursus.

You and I know her experience was not a one-off. For example, the experience of the other youths in her boarding school was similar (though not all parents were as fear-stricken and gullible as hers). And I have personally spoken with at least a half dozen young people from various programs whose families were torn apart for a similar period of time and for a similar highway-robbery price tag.

As with so many of the cases, the parents were first persuaded to buy in to a short-term wilderness program--only a few weeks. Then that program referred her to a boarding school, which was only to be for a few months. Every few months we were told the program was working very well and she would be coming home soon--this spring, next fall, before her birthday, after this school year, very soon... In this manner, a few weeks' stay in a wilderness program grew into a 40-month marathon. No, she is not some horrible, defective person who would not work the program--she's a very perceptive girl who knew full well her ordeal was a sham.

My heart goes out to parents who are worried sick about the risk-taking behavior or poor academic performance of their teens. I understand the desire to stop the cycle of fear and find some peace, and I am deeply concerned and offended that programs take advantage of this vulnerability to stoke their fears and lift their wallets.    

Auntie Em
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2010, 12:19:50 PM »
Thank you for defending me, Ursus.

You and I know her experience was not a one-off. For example, the experience of the other youths in her boarding school was similar (though not all parents were as fear-stricken and gullible as hers). And I have personally spoken with at least a half dozen young people from various programs whose families were torn apart for a similar period of time and for a similar highway-robbery price tag.

As with so many of the cases, the parents were first persuaded to buy in to a short-term wilderness program--only a few weeks. Then that program referred her to a boarding school, which was only to be for a few months. Every few months we were told the program was working very well and she would be coming home soon--this spring, next fall, before her birthday, after this school year, very soon... In this manner, a few weeks' stay in a wilderness program grew into a 40-month marathon. No, she is not some horrible, defective person who would not work the program--she's a very perceptive girl who knew full well her ordeal was a sham.

My heart goes out to parents who are worried sick about the risk-taking behavior or poor academic performance of their teens. I understand the desire to stop the cycle of fear and find some peace, and I am deeply concerned and offended that programs take advantage of this vulnerability to stoke their fears and lift their wallets.    Auntie Em

40 months does seem a bit excessive, I must agree.  My take on all of this is a little different and I feel instead of trying to convince parents to ignore their child's problems or dissuade them from any form of residential care it may be more helpful to guide them a bit and help them to become aware of the programs which are scamming people and their practices.  Many programs have fixed lengths of stay and offer individual therapy with therapists who can communicate with the childs therapist at home ( This provides a conduit to the outside world and helps with the childs transition back home afterward)  .  We could make suggests to have the parents seek out other parents who have had children attend the program they are considering to see if it is a good fit for their child.  These are just a couple of examples on how we can help.
I think fornits can do a better job in this area to help other families in need of information.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2010, 12:55:44 PM »
I don't think "Fornits" needs any more program fiduciaries to rope in parents with false information and anecdotes like "My daughter was well ahead of her peers academically after the program" when in reality, as you already accidentally admitted, she took five years to graduate highschool because she got no credits from her unaccredited program "academics."  Which peers was she ahead of, the special needs kids?

Whooter is a phony, folks.  He makes his living off programs and is desperate to deflect criticisms that might interfere with that objective.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2010, 12:57:27 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Uh, yeah, like there's no industry types on Fornits.  Wait a sec...one of them is you, Mr. Aspen Fiduciary!

Remember when you claimed to have access to RB's treatment records via an HLA staff member on this board?  Or your true love, Ottawa5 whose stated goal was to open her "own program along the lines of CEDU"?  

Your explanation is laughable, troll boy :rofl: .

….. do you have LINKS to the original posts for all this material? Or are you just making this up as you go along?

I was wondering if there were links to the original for this myself.  I dont even know who Ottawa5 is, a link would be helpful.

Ottawa5 had 144 posts and not one of them was with me!!  Hmmm.  A little more fabrication there DJ?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2010, 01:31:28 PM »
Sorry, Whooter, but that is pretty low.

For those unfamiliar with the situation, Whooter has started to yank material out of the Cataloging TheWho/John Reuben's Lies thread and is using it to spam up other threads.

For clarification:

Originally posted on 04 Aug 2010 07:11:
Uh, yeah, like there's no industry types on Fornits.  Wait a sec...one of them is you, Mr. Aspen Fiduciary!

Remember when you claimed to have access to RB's treatment records via an HLA staff member on this board?  Or your true love, Ottawa5 whose stated goal was to open her "own program along the lines of CEDU"?  

….. do you have LINKS to the original posts for all this material? Or are you just making this up as you go along?
Good Catch, Ursus.  Links are not his strength it appears.
ouch!!!  lol
Actually, Whooter, my post was in response to your posting of various falacious Dysfunction Junction posts which apparently are the sole creation of your imagination. Moreover, my original quote, before you altered it, read as follows:

Whooter, do you have LINKS to the original posts for all this material? Or are you just making this up as you go along?

PLUS... Your original reply to my post, before you altered it, read as follows:

Whooter, do you have LINKS to the original posts for all this material? Or are you just making this up as you go along?
Sure, just like everyone else.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2010, 01:42:55 PM »
Sorry, Whooter, but that is pretty low.

For those unfamiliar with the situation, Whooter has started to yank material out of the Cataloging TheWho/John Reuben's Lies thread and is using it to spam up other threads.

For clarification:

Originally posted on 04 Aug 2010 07:11:

Good Catch, Ursus.  Links are not his strength it appears.
ouch!!!  lol
Actually, Whooter, my post was in response to your posting of various falacious Dysfunction Junction posts which apparently are the sole creation of your imagination. Moreover, my original quote, before you altered it, read as follows:

PLUS... Your original reply to my post, before you altered it, read as follows:

Sure, just like everyone else.

I was responding to the post prior to that, I didnt bring the discussion to this thread and you know this, Ursus.

So you choose to police a thread but choose to question only certain posters and give others a free pass.  The thread in question ( which I will post again) is clearly fabricated by DJ (with no links provided), but you choose not to respond... why?

If you want to interfere then do it equally.  I will continue to respond as I do until you respond to that post.  I will give you opportunity and when you respond I will correct my post.

Here is the original:

Original