Author Topic: Survey of Survivor Testimony  (Read 1964 times)

Offline JustWrit

• View Profile
Survey of Survivor Testimony
« on: July 27, 2010, 07:17:48 AM »
The Community Alliance for the Ethical Treatment of Youth's (CAFETY) survey of the residential program experience is now posted online! The responses of survivors and alumni of these programs is extremely helpful as we continue to identify the issues on the ground and to determine how to best allocate CAFETY's resources. Please consider taking the time to fill out this survey.

Your input is invaluable in assisting us in achieving our mission of promoting and securing the human rights of youth.

http://http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CAFETY_Alumni_Survey

Please distribute widely!

THANK YOU
http://http://www.cafety.org
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
Re: Survey of Survivor Testimony
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 07:38:56 AM »
What, really? You really think this isn't going to get jumped on by various bullshit artists?

Hope you like spam!

Also, the un-scientificness of this can't be stressed enough. It doesn't matter what it comes out to, it's bullshit either way. No way of proving who took the survey, self-selection bias up the ass, and that's even without the various motives of the local programmies who love pretending to be things they're not. You're wasting your time and your credibility pretending this is going to come out real.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 01:39:41 PM »
How many times can I fill it out and submit it? I can use different proxies to mask my IP to keep the results valid. Eight maybe nine times?

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 01:50:24 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
How many times can I fill it out and submit it? I can use different proxies to mask my IP to keep the results valid. Eight maybe nine times?

I love you.....
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 01:53:11 PM »
I would be worried if he invites you to a warrior meeting....

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 02:04:15 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
I love you.....
Quote from: "Paul St. John"
Or if he asks you to pull his wain for him...  ::evil::
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 02:07:04 PM »
LMAO!

That was good...

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 02:08:12 PM »
or it appears the new spelling of the word is "Wanye", like "Kanye"

Paul

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 02:15:30 PM »

Paul

I love you....

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 02:16:59 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Quote from: "DannyB II"
I love you.....
Or if he asks you to pull his wain for him...  ::evil::

I love you.....

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 02:31:43 PM »
Well we should at least give them credit for trying. Nobody else is trying to do any type of studies on the long term benefits of treatment as an adolescent. I really believe if there was a 10 year survey that reached every participant in teen programs, that the "success" rate would be well above the majority at about seventy percent. I believe those who say no difference would represent about twenty percent. Made it worse I'd guess around 9 percent. Those who were abused represent about 1%. This would show why fornits has a relatively small number of anti treatment posters here compared to the overall number. Abuse is wrong and should never happen in treatment, obviously, but I think a study like this would prove that it is relatively rare, especially now in today's modern contemporary programs.
one day at a time

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 02:39:59 PM »

Paul
:rofl:  ...As in "Cain?"
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline TigerEye

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 01:30:14 AM »
Quote from: "SUCK IT"
Well we should at least give them credit for trying. Nobody else is trying to do any type of studies on the long term benefits of treatment as an adolescent. I really believe if there was a 10 year survey that reached every participant in teen programs, that the "success" rate would be well above the majority at about seventy percent. I believe those who say no difference would represent about twenty percent. Made it worse I'd guess around 9 percent. Those who were abused represent about 1%. This would show why fornits has a relatively small number of anti treatment posters here compared to the overall number. Abuse is wrong and should never happen in treatment, obviously, but I think a study like this would prove that it is relatively rare, especially now in today's modern contemporary programs.

I think you're right that evaluation is needed but they would have to be done carefully or the results wouldn't mean much. And its good to have a control group but that is so hard to get right.
I think most of the people here are anti-treatment. Just lately a few voices have found there way in to defend the notion of treatment, and to say that not all treatment is bad - some is good.

Offline kleenex

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 01:59:46 AM »
No one here is "anti treatment." Survivors are "anti" private citizens abetting and perpetrating the rendition and extralegal imprisonment of other citizens. That action is criminal, violative, torturous, oppressive. It's the opposite of "treatment" which is, in ideal, empowering, dignifying, assisting. Cultists purposely seek to confuse the idea of "treatment" with the infliction of suffering and human rights violations, and use the word "treatment" to descibe the criminal consiparcy described above. Survivors are not confused about the difference nor are decent human beings.