Author Topic: What happened to Alex F in Elan!!!  (Read 4231 times)

Offline Tatiana

• View Profile
What happened to Alex F in Elan!!!
« on: September 26, 2003, 11:41:00 PM »
Somewhere between 1997-1998, a girl arrived at e7.  Her name was Alex F and she came from New Rochelle.  I believe she was 15 when she arrived, and her reasons for coming, I can't quite remember.  There is a reason I remember this girl and I think what she did desserves her story to be written here so people can hear about it.  This is not a joke.  This is completely serious.  Her first day at e7 I think she found the whole thing overwhelming and she was the type of girl that had that attitude that she wasn't going to put up with anyones bullshit of anyone telling her what to do.  She constantly rolled her eyes and put her hands up in ppl's faces.  Anyway i'll try not to make this post as long as my others and just get to the point.  Anyway, Alex tried to split on her 1st day at Elan.  Of course, "chief!" was yelled and all the garbage followed and she was put in the corner (for those not familiar - isolation).  While in the corner, she had different staff members coming back to talk to her/degrade her and her fair share of s.p.'s.  Anyway, she wasn't having any of that.  She's didn't care what anyone said.  She was released from the corner through a General Meeting (When u're put in front of the house and everyone in it gets in ur face and screams at the top of their lungs at u, and u have everyones spit on u because of how hard they are screaming and how close they are to u).  She didn't stay with the rest of the house for long before she was put back in the corner again.  Anyway while in the corner she managed to get her hand on a pencil, probably when she was being moved, and she managed to eat all the lead out of the pencil.  When she had eaten all the lead, she showed her s.p. at the time what remained of her pencil.  Staff was called back and when asked what she was doing, she responded "Either I die or I go home".  She kept repeating that sentence.  Staff laughed their heads off at her and I remember Peter telling her that Elan had seen people way crazier and much more determined that her and they never got out of Elan so why the fuck would she.  She kept repeating that sentence "either i die or I go home".  She was put on a short sleve l.e.  A few days pass and at one point she is taken to the bathroom and her s.p. was decent enough to let her shut the door while she used the toilet.  Someone had forgotten the G.P.C. (the stuff used to clean the mirror, sinks, and toilets) in the stall and Alex drank it all.  When she opened the stall, she let it be known what she had done and of course, everyone went back to insulting her, degrading at her, laughing at her and telling her that she was an idiot and that this lil way of manipulating wasn't getting her anything except more time in Elan.  Again she went on saying "Either I die or I go home".  
When she realized that the lead didn't kill her and neither did the G.P.C. she decided that she was going to starve herself to death unless she got out of Elan.  She refused to eat.  In the beginning, staff thought it was a joke and that she was bound to get hungry again and she would eat.  Staff went back and all her s.p.'s constantly threatened her that she was stupid and that she would never get out cuz there has been bigger and badder b4 her who had tried all sorts of things and she was going to stay in Elan longer if she continued this.  "either i die or I go home"... days pass and she is neither drinking nor eating.  On the 3rd or 4th day she agrees to drinking a glass of water and i remember I was in the kitchen when staff (either Debbie or Kim) was putting sugar in the water and saying she wasn't going to notice it.  She drank it but didn't eat anything.  More days pass and staff even went out and bought her Mc Donalds to tempt her to cut it out.  They sent ice cream back to her with toppings and everything.. still "either i die or i go home".  She wouldn't touch it.  Then the Elan nurse used to come by with an i.v. and she was fed through that.  Staff tried as hard as they could to get everyone in the house's attention away from this fellow resident who was starving herself to death.  No one talked about it.  For that time period, Alex no longer existed.  I thought about her a lot and couldn't believe she had gone weeks without eating.  I never thought it was humanly possible to not eat and only be feed through an i.v.  This is incredibly hard to believe but Alex did not eat anything for months.  Her eyes were all sunk in to her face and she used to rock back and forth in the corner chair with her hands together and pray for hours and hours.  Being on her s.p. was tough cuz you had to make urself as numb as possible.  It hit 3 months and Alex had only been fed through an i.v.  The nurse came by to stab her with the needle and all her veins had shrivled up.  The nurse couldn't find a vein in her arm.  She then tried to find one in her wrist, and when she couldn't find one there, she tried in her neck.  Imagine how horrifying!!!  When she couldn't find a vein in her neck, Elan started to worry.  She put Angie C. on her s.p. and sent her to the hospital (i'm not sure if staff also went, but probably not thinking they knew she was going to tell the dr's something and it would be way too hard to justify waiting this long to take her to hospital or the conditions that she had been living in).  When she was there the dr.'s and nurses asked her when the last time was that she ate and she told them "3 months ago i think".. Shocked, they asked her why she was doing this.  They told her that they wanted to admit her to the psych ward and she told them she wasn't crazy but she would rather die than go back to Elan.  Angie couldn't do a damn thing.  The dr. called her mother and told her that her daughter has not eaten in 3 months and has been fed through an i.v.  Her mom had no clue that that had been the case for the last three months.  that was not what the staff was telling her when she was calling Elan to check up on her daughter.  Alex did not have the chance to talk to her mother since she was in Elan since she had spent all her time in the corner and had never written a guilt letter.  Her mother asked the dr. to put alex on the phone.  Her mother left new york that moment and headed for Maine, completely horrified, to pick up her daughter.  
I remember I had a hard time sleeping that night.  I kept thinking how unfair life was and at the same time I was soooooooooooooooooo happy that she did it.. I was so glad that she won.  She did what she said she would despite all their shit and she got herself out.  Talk about determination.  At around 4 am her mom arrived.. she was given to her mom from the corner. They hugged and I could hear them both crying.  They dissapeared into the night and I never saw that girl again.  I never forgot her.  The next day, female staff was wandering around the dorms and some of the girls were making comments like "ow her parents don't know that they just killed their daughter by coming to get her" and "She'll never make it"... I stayed quiet and thought that they were trying to look good to staff and also that Alex was finally free.. Stefanie V. tried starving herself after that but she couldn't last one day.  Anyway staff told the house the next day that Alex didn't get to go home.  Her parents just put her in a mental hospital closer to her home.  I wonder how many scenarios the staff went through before deciding that that one was the best one to tell the house.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Nazi

• View Profile
    • http://forum.sparklit.com/forum.spark?forumID=3963
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 11:43:00 PM »
lan is slowly being torn apart, thanks to me and all the other former Elanites out there that beleive in the destruction of tearing Elan apart. \"Keep up the great work\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 02:09:00 AM »
once again,, here comes the disruptor....nazi,,,tell me ,, do you  get paid to undermine this site?were you ever even in elan?once again,, even as your so called buddy  is asking to knock off the b.s.. u continue to spew,,,this story has a ring of truthto it,,{ altho in my day,  she woulda been sat on and force fed}.theres quite a few souls out there that elan totally destroyed.i just wish you were in e 4  with me nazi..you woulda been a good house punching bag..at least,, when you broke you might have even a small amount of compassion.if it was worth my time,, i would spend my daze posting about how you are  disrupting sites in return for sexual favors from staff... you seem to kno an awful lot about claire,,,, o ya,, this is deded.. i live in vegas,, come see me anytime,, ill pay 10 columbian kids  10 bucks apiece ,, and take pictures of what they decide to do,, peace

Offline Marina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2003, 10:24:00 PM »
I remember Alex Fisher, Tat, but then again, I was also in and out of the corner while she was in Elan. I didn't know that Stefanie tried to starve herself, it must have been hillarious!

Offline chrisv

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2003, 11:21:00 PM »
its funny you mention this tatiana because a couple others said they were gonna do this during their gm's and staff like pete rowe mentioned this girl and said it didnt work for her. funny they forgot to mention she was pulled out.

Offline sportschicelan7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 08:04:00 PM »
dude stfu about me that was so long ago my god u all still have hatred now god thats so funny thats all i have to say

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 11:48:00 PM »
Tatiana thank you for spending the time to write all of that down. This is the shit people need to rememeber about elan.  You wrote it perfectly and it  was very emotional for me to read that.  I appreciate your compassion, and I will pray for Alex. Hopefully today she is doing well.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 11:49:00 PM »
And stephanie. Its time to grow up a little bit. Mmmk?

Offline Mister Pink

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 02:58:00 PM »
she does realize that pencils don't actually have any lead in them, it's all graphite nowadays.  :wave:
quot;Its a shame the way she makes me scrub the floor\" - Bob Dylan

Offline sportschicelan7

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 04:47:00 PM »
i am grown up im overseas protecting your dumbasses for all those who want to insult me but its cool i dont have any harsh feelings i think people should get over elan and the shit unless something completely outrageous and illegal happeened

Offline Mister Pink

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2005, 01:32:00 AM »
you're a great American.
A G R E E 1 0 0 %
quot;Its a shame the way she makes me scrub the floor\" - Bob Dylan

Offline sportschicelan7

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2005, 02:18:00 PM »
thanx guy i appreciate the support i really do u cant imagine some stuff ive seen

Offline coz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2005, 10:56:00 PM »
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 01:18:28 AM by Guest »

Offline sportschicelan7

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2005, 06:46:00 AM »
dude i seriously thank u guys although im injured to the point where it will be at least a year before i go back i so desperately want to. ill admit some stuff ive seen over there makes elan look like childs play lol if u can imagine that anyways thanx for all the support most people dont realize that simple things like showers are very much missed next to us smelly people :smile:) :grin:

Offline Pinkalici0us

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 01:35:00 AM »
Bump