Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > CALO - Change Academy at Lake of the Ozarks

CALO

(1/3) > >>

Curious George:
Been foucusing on bigger issues but what is the word on CALO.  Here's mine.

Over the past several months, I've exhausted just about every legal option I have and only about 3 CALO parents are willing to move forward, simply not enough for the fight I'd hoped for.

CALO has done it's homework, and appears to have chosen the right state to operate in, very few laws governing their operation.  No gvnt. entity willing to investigate, appears tax revenue and creation of jobs to important to the small resort community.  Local papers biased to community,  Local attorneys not interested in representing plantiffs, just defense.

Unless there is some major scandal, or more parents willing to up signficant time and $$$, CALO will most likely get away with what they are doing.  Maybe in 10 years some poor kid will have a case.

Seems like the kids at CALO were/are correct, most parents are f'ing clueless and just want to forget about their troubled kids and the industry that exploits both parents and children.

Also, the dead or in-jail argument is true, don't fool yourselves.  Not for all, but for some.  CALO only made things worse.

Completely frustrated, am signing off.   Will continue fight on own since no one else has the balls.

CG

Pile of Dead Kids:
We have a whole forum for CALO now you know.

Ursus:

--- Quote from: "Curious George" ---Been foucusing on bigger issues but what is the word on CALO.  Here's mine.

Over the past several months, I've exhausted just about every legal option I have and only about 3 CALO parents are willing to move forward, simply not enough for the fight I'd hoped for.

CALO has done it's homework, and appears to have chosen the right state to operate in, very few laws governing their operation.  No gvnt. entity willing to investigate, appears tax revenue and creation of jobs to important to the small resort community.  Local papers biased to community,  Local attorneys not interested in representing plantiffs, just defense.

Unless there is some major scandal, or more parents willing to up signficant time and $$$, CALO will most likely get away with what they are doing.  Maybe in 10 years some poor kid will have a case.

Seems like the kids at CALO were/are correct, most parents are f'ing clueless and just want to forget about their troubled kids and the industry that exploits both parents and children.

Also, the dead or in-jail argument is true, don't fool yourselves.  Not for all, but for some.  CALO only made things worse.

Completely frustrated, am signing off.   Will continue fight on own since no one else has the balls.

CG
--- End quote ---
It's not just with CALO, George; it's industry-wide. Perhaps our society inculcates that kind of passivity and willingness to abdicate responsibility for one's own kids.

The fact that you got three parents incensed enough to potentially bring this to the fore actually says quite a lot. I expect most parents are afraid to rock the boat and, I imagine, often don't sign on to such a thing 'till a plausible win is in sight. Sad, but true. However, that could change as time goes on. Perhaps CALO hasn't been in binnis long enough for people to stop hoping that CALO might have "the answer."

As a bit of an aside, what's the longest span of time that any of the key players have ever spent with a particular program? Iirc, Nicole Fuglsang left Hidden Lake Academy not too long prior to the meltdown there with that class action lawsuit...

See also this thread: Fuglsang and Jones now at CALO

Mr. Magee:
CALO reminds me of what went on years ago in Northern Utah.  I worked there for  a time, BUT GOT SICK OF THE behavior of "leadership".  CALO is a Mormon machine.  When you think you will be a god someday, you tend to behave strange on Earth.

Che Gookin:
CALO parents are either terrorized sheeple, members of Ken Huey's dick sucking personality cult, or shit out of luck because the first two groups far outsize the last one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version