Author Topic: "Multi-Center Study of Youth Outcomes" (Behrens, 2006)  (Read 7195 times)

Offline Awake

• View Profile
Re: Troubled Teen Industry Studies
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2010, 10:39:39 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Awake"

So, it’s a new day Whooter.  Tell me what’s  been going on. Have you been working on yourself?

Yes I have, thank you,I had a good day and managed not to get into any arguments with Ursus.  He didn’t seem cranky today and we spent the day posting in different areas for the most part. He was busy, as usual, with his cut-and-paste activities and documentation.   No name calling and my post count was on target or a little higher with 3 posts (4 counting this one) compared to an average of 2.6 per day so I am feeling good about myself.  I had a few trolls on my tail but that is to be expected.  All and all I managed to keep the day in perspective.

You’re supposed to be working on your friendships here. What I hear you saying is that you are avoiding opening up around here. If you open up a little bit maybe you will get along better with Ursus. Give it a shot! Don’t hold back on yourself, you’re doing great so far.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Awake

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2010, 07:31:53 PM »
It's been a few days Whooter. How have you been improving on yourself?

Offline Awake

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2010, 10:05:58 PM »
Whooter, are you paying attention? I asked you a question?  ^

Offline Awake

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2010, 08:33:55 PM »
Whooter, you are posting everywhere but here. I’m wondering if it is because you are finding yourself in a bind interacting with me under my demand that you grow your self esteem?, Although this certainly is not a double bind, as it is in programs for troubled teens.

Well, whenever you’re ready to start feeling better about yourself come on back, or you can keep doing nothing. Your choice, but I wish you cared about yourself enough to put the tiniest amount of effort in.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2010, 01:59:15 PM »
Paging Whooter to the thread.....paging Whooter to the thread.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Awake

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2010, 09:29:23 PM »
I am going to have to call you out on this one Whooter. You are even displaying the classic symptoms that are presumed under the Double bind theory of Schizophrenia, that is the schizophrenics’ attempts not to communicate.

You don’t want to think the double bind is of consequence when evaluating the troubled teen industry, but it’s the way I say it is. The Double Bind is the stimulus response mechanism that drives the industry and maintains the illusion of success.

I’m still open to your interpretation, so feel better about yourself and show me this isn’t what’s really going on.

DOUBLE BIND: Mind Control in the TTI
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30423&start=0

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2010, 09:52:46 PM »
I am going to have to call you out on this one Whooter. You are even displaying the classic symptoms that are presumed under the Double bind theory of Schizophrenia, that is the schizophrenics’ attempts not to communicate.

You don’t want to think the double bind is of consequence when evaluating the troubled teen industry, but it’s the way I say it is. The Double Bind is the stimulus response mechanism that drives the industry and maintains the illusion of success.

I’m still open to your interpretation, so feel better about yourself and show me this isn’t what’s really going on.

It is very interesting and I very much liked the analogy of the air-conditioner/heater interdependent balanced system.  I actually worked a similar problem in my  heat transfer course in undergraduate work.  The heat pump within your house rarely competes against each other because they operate during different seasons and one is normally turned off.

But if you had them both operating and set to cool at 72 degrees (down to 68 degrees) and heat up to 72 degrees (from 68 degrees) then you would have a continuous cycle and the system would balance itself and find its center a gravity so to speak.  If you pulled the limits in closer the units would fight each other until they burned themselves out (unless you regulated or limited output), in which case they would both just continuously run without reaching their pre-set parameters (or goal)

But as you said they would be dependent on each other... let me read your double bind again and see if I can understand what you are saying.  it did make sense the first time I read it, but I lost my thoughts on it.

Too tired tonight though.....

Offline Awake

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2010, 09:58:39 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"

It is very interesting and I very much liked the analogy of the air-conditioner/heater interdependent balanced system.  I actually worked a similar problem in my  heat transfer course in undergraduate work.  The heat pump within your house rarely competes against each other because they operate during different seasons and one is normally turned off.

But if you had them both operating and set to cool at 72 degrees (down to 68 degrees) and heat up to 72 degrees (from 68 degrees) then you would have a continuous cycle and the system would balance itself and find its center a gravity so to speak.  If you pulled the limits in closer the units would fight each other until they burned themselves out (unless you regulated or limited output), in which case they would both just continuously run without reaching their pre-set parameters (or goal)

But as you said they would be dependent on each other... let me read your double bind again and see if I can understand what you are saying.  it did make sense the first time I read it, but I lost my thoughts on it.

Too tired tonight though.....

You can feel good about that.

Offline Awake

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2010, 11:55:55 AM »
How are you coming along with your self esteem issues Whooter?

Offline Awake

• View Profile
Troubled Teen industry Studies
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2010, 08:02:37 PM »
You could be feeling better about yourself Whooter, you know it…. In here…… (Awake points to heart) :rose: