Author Topic: Tell us about the Third Nail  (Read 16453 times)

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
Tell us about the Third Nail
« on: June 09, 2010, 05:41:53 PM »
From the Chat Box:
(2009.12.27 - 19:20:36) Inculcated: Danny B are you still too shy to speak of when/where you were you in Daytop?
(2009.12.27 - 19:20:44) Danny_Bennison: No

(2009.12.27 - 19:21:31) Inculcated: Okay…
(2009.12.27 - 19:21:33) Danny_Bennison: I was just 12 yrs old and it was in White Plains N.Y

[Note:Daytop White Plains New York=Wrong answer. In 1971,Millbrook was the 1st and only residential facility for adolescents.]

(2009.12.27 - 19:21:47) Inculcated: what year?
(2009.12.27 - 19:21:52) Danny_Bennison: Can you believe that
(2009.12.27 - 19:22:05) Danny_Bennison: 1971
[Note: Nope]
(2009.12.27 - 19:22:16) Inculcated: Which house were you at?
(2009.12.27 - 19:22:48) Danny_Bennison: I was only there maybe 2 mons.
(2009.12.27 - 19:23:03) Danny_Bennison: I still trying to find the info
[Note: Still lookin’?]
Recently, Bennison Posted an answer to Anne Bonny claiming to have been at Daytop in 1973 This is in the midst of one of those posts where he gets really vile.

A couple of posts down on that page there’s a quote where Bennison also says 1971 for Daytop and Marathon in 1973 and Élan 1975

Today,Bennison recalls: “Women while I was at Daytop, Marathon, Elan and The Third Nail did not get literal haircuts”

He's right... which is so weird because during his alleged brief stay as a twelve year old in an adult facility (whether 1971 or 1973) there were no women there.

Good guess Bennison. They did not, but you shouldn’t know that since Daytop didn’t cohabitate males and females until 1975. In the Monsignor words (p.73/74)”It took us a full decade to realize that women were not getting their fair share of Daytop treatment”  “On the outside all our residents will have to live together harmoniously with both women and men . There’s no reason not to begin teaching those lessons in treatment.” ”Since 1975 women have been fully integrated into the regular treatment”

Even though you’re totally full of it about Daytop,you're here all day every day unwittingly serving as an(albeit tragically idiotic) ever present reminder. Your endless lies, deflections and threats and vulgarities all imbued with glaring ignorance and paternalistic condescensions are a reminder to everyone exactly what program mentality was like.

When you're not derailing threads, threatening other posters or directing sexualized aggression toward them,then go on tell us all about The Third Nail.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline LonWoodburyMurdered

• View Profile
Re: Tell us about the Third Nail
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 09:23:38 PM »
No offense, but can't at least some the "program mentality" also can be found in haranguing this Danny person while expecting him to talk about personal experiences and confess to wrongdoings? I  would not assume that your information is correct and Danny's wrong. These places are not transparent or honest about dates and practices. At the very least, anyway, I just wish some of the back and forth could continue in private . It would be great if you could find some way to work together for your common goals. Not that you have to, just that that would be more constructive than these endless "drama threads" and only as equally time consuming.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 11:07:10 PM »
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:56:23 PM by DannyB II »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 11:14:32 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 12:50:40 PM by Joel »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 11:20:56 PM »
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:57:21 PM by DannyB II »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 11:26:06 PM »
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:57:48 PM by DannyB II »

Joel

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 11:40:23 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 12:53:06 PM by Joel »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 11:54:28 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Hey here is a idea why don't you ask why I even went there at 12 yrs old, it wasn't necessarily for treatment.
danny
Okay, I'll bite. Why were you there at age 12?

--------------

Btw, it was me who mentioned the Third Nail being in Roxbury or Jamaica Plain. That's 'cuz I came across references placing it in those spots. You countered that it was located in Brighton.

The source for putting it in Roxbury was potentially the most iffy, save that the guy specified the exact building: former police station. I found at least two references that mentioned a Jamaica Plain location and one of those was a pretty solid one.

Given that Roxbury and Jamaica Plain abut each other for a fair stretch, it's quite possible that someone might remember it as being in the other if the actual location was near the border. But Brighton abuts neither (although it's quite close).

It's my guess that the Third Nail may have moved at some point, or maintained at least two locations during some part of its existence. Any comments on that?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 12:22:05 AM »
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 09:47:12 PM by DannyB II »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 01:06:25 AM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Btw, it was me who mentioned the Third Nail being in Roxbury or Jamaica Plain. That's 'cuz I came across references placing it in those spots. You countered that it was located in Brighton.

The source for putting it in Roxbury was potentially the most iffy, save that the guy specified the exact building: former police station. I found at least two references that mentioned a Jamaica Plain location and one of those was a pretty solid one.

Given that Roxbury and Jamaica Plain abut each other for a fair stretch, it's quite possible that someone might remember it as being in the other if the actual location was near the border. But Brighton abuts neither (although it's quite close).

It's my guess that the Third Nail may have moved at some point, or maintained at least two locations during some part of its existence. Any comments on that?
It is not Brighton at all, my bad. But the suburb does start with a B, it is Brookline. Ursus I don't know who you were talking to but The Third Nail was not a old Police Station. There was not two houses. it was a super-modified 3/4 house TC, that took parolees all adult, women and men and some walk-ins, me.
I was strung out in 1982 and ask a old staff member from Daytop and Marathon house where I could get help and he mentioned Ray Law was running a house so off I went. Lasted 2 months, the criminals were running the house. Oh Roxbury is a pretty tuff town sorta like the So. Bronxs my friend.
Yep, but where Roxbury borders with Jamaica Plain is not too bad, and parts of the north side are not so shabby either (provided you watch your back).

As you must know, Brookline and Jamaica Plain border one another, and Roxbury siddles up close in the northwest corner of that border.

From what I've read, this place started out in the early 1970s, allegedly the first "residential drug treatment program" in Massachusetts. Could also be that it was in a different location back then ... than in the time when you knew it. The fellow who founded it was an ex-con named Bill McCue.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
Re: Who the hell is Kimmy?
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 04:15:59 AM »
@ “LW” I never “harangued” Bennison about Daytop or anything. I’ve barely asked him maybe five questions about it, until today. I politely made a reasonable welcome/inquiry when he appeared in December. That one inquiry set him off. A quote of it can be found  HERE.
That same month, after observing his hostility and reticence (that slap and tickle game he’s played out with various posters for months since), I politely asked if he was still shy about it. As quoted in the OP, you can see that he answered willingly. You can have a look at the entire discussion in chat box history. There is no need to ensnare him in his lies, as others repeatedly point out he regularly contradicts himself.
Of course, Daytop had more than one facility.  Of all the residential facilities at that time, the only one housing adolescents was Millbrook. He picked the wrong one out of the air and by god he’s sticking to it. So, he gets mysterious and vague and drops "hints".

I believe him when he says he knew people who eventually became staff here there and everywhere. Bennison is program, no doubt. But he’s also full of it.
Keep reading/checking Kim because women were most definitely there during the day and housed in a rental property/house at night in White Plains and Danbury. Your getting close.
Oh btw there were no adolescence facilities anywhere within Daytop then, there was myself and one other guy around 15 or 16 maybe his name was Jack
FYI, there were four residentials open in that time span and none were in even in Westchester. Though, they did have one of their SPAN offices there where screening and intake occurred.

Then you want to Peacock around like you have the moral upper hand. What set of principles are you living by. Inculcate you compromised your standards here tonight and that is what readers will see. I have never done this, this was methodical. I have always said my vile, vulgar, disrespectful things to folks after I felt I was being attacked, more or less a kneejerk reaction. I did not sit around and conspire with others to see how I can lie, cheat and steal someone else character.
No method to seeing through your convoluted story. And you’ve got a pathetic (and prolific) habit of lashing out at everyone and crying foul when you’re called on it.
Whether you want to accept it or not I went to Daytop, I said it was there for a few months 3 at the most. Why I was there I never really proposed to know that's why if you remember I said I'll have to think about it. Most of my info comes from others there who were 10/15 yrs. older then me. Your the one who wanted to run with it, I was 12 turned 13 there so 71-72. How much program could I know at that time.
Hey here is a idea why don't you ask why I even went there at 12 yrs old, it wasn't necessarily for treatment.
Ah, well you were an assistant director at Élan by age 17. Are you trying to imply you received your staff training in Junior High through Daytop or is this the part where it turns out you were Casriel’s boy-toy? :seg2:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 02:12:16 AM by Inculcated »
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline photo man

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 04:26:49 AM »
- Test -  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:

Whether you want to accept it or not I went to Daytop, I said it was there for a few months 3 at the most. Why I was there I never really proposed to know that's why if you remember I said I'll have to think about it. Most of my info comes from others there who were 10/15 yrs. older then me. Your the one who wanted to run with it, I was 12 turned 13 there so 71-72. How much program could I know at that time.  Hey here is a idea why don't you ask why I even went there at 12 yrs old, it wasn't necessarily for treatment.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Re: Who the hell is Kimmy?
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 02:29:02 PM »
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:58:30 PM by DannyB II »

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 02:30:32 PM »
But you're still an Ass Director aren't you?
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 03:03:33 PM »
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:59:04 PM by DannyB II »