Author Topic: Does anyone else have any info about the girl/van?  (Read 3922 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Does anyone else have any info about the girl/van?
« on: May 25, 2010, 01:35:37 PM »
I'm genuinely curious.  He's not answering anything about it, so does anyone else have any info about it?  I do remember some religious program doing that as a punishment for falling behind in a "run" so I know it has happened at other places.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292910,00.html

Christian Boot Camp Officials Accused of Dragging Teen Behind Van

Saturday, August 11, 2007

* Print
    * ShareThis

BANQUETE, Texas —  The director of a Christian boot camp and an employee were arrested Friday for allegedly dragging a 15-year-old girl behind a van after she fell behind the group during a morning run, authorities said.

Charles Eugene Flowers and Stephanie Bassitt of San Antonio-based Love Demonstrated Ministries, a 32-day boot camp, were arrested on aggravated assault charges for the alleged June 12 incident.

The two are accused of tying the girl to the van with a rope then dragging her, according to an arrest affidavit filed Wednesday by the Nueces County Sheriff's Department.

Both remained in Nueces County Jail late Friday on $100,000 bond each.

A call to Love Demonstrated Ministries was not immediately returned Friday. No listing was found for Bassitt. An answering machine at a listing for Flowers cut off during an attempt to leave a message Friday.

Flowers, the camp's director, allegedly ordered Bassitt to run alongside the girl after she fell behind, the affidavit said. When the girl stopped running, Bassitt allegedly yelled at her and pinned her to the ground while Flowers tied the rope to her, according to the affidavit.

The girl's mother gave investigators photos of her daughter's injuries that were taken at a hospital where the girl was treated and a sworn statement from a witness who claimed to see the girl being dragged on her stomach at least three times.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/MYSA08 ... 34453.html

A San Antonio pastor and an employee of his Christian boot camp were arrested today on aggravated assault charges, accusing them of dragging a girl behind a van after failing to keep up with others during a running exercise.

Investigators with the Nueces County Sheriff’s Office arrested Charles E. Flowers shortly before noon at the Faith Outreach Center in northwest San Antonio, said Brad E. Bailey, a spokesman for the Schertz Police Department.

The department assisted Nueces County authorities in the arrests because some of the camp's training exercises occur in Schertz.

Bailey said boot camp trainer Stephanie Bassitt was arrested later in Kirby.

Authorities said both boot camp officials restrained a girl June 12, tying her to the back of the truck before dragging her on her stomach at the Love Demonstrated Ministries boot camp in Banquete, about 10 miles west of Corpus Christi.

The 15-year-old girl’s mother complained to authorities about the incident after taking her daughter to get treated for scrapes and bruises.

Flowers is the self-proclaimed "commandant" of the boot camp, which he operates with his wife, Janice.

He declined to comment on the allegations Friday, evading reporters outside the offices of the Faith Outreach Center.

Other officials at the Faith Outreach Center couldn’t immediately be reached for comment this afternoon.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline elanasshole

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone else have any info about the girl/van?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 01:42:00 PM »
Any information Danny Bennison could provide police would be helpful.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 11:43:20 AM »
Paging Danny to the girl/van thread........paging Danny to the girl/van thread.

What happened to the girl???

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: ELAN school staff are well trained
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 02:28:51 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Quote from: "Inculcated"
I don’t know if this discussion is going anywhere … other than the same coy little bread crumb chase from thread to thread that’s gone on for months. For now, you guys all seem to enjoy having it so..fare thee well.
The smilies and tangled misuse of the quote feature make most of the exchanges barely legible. I’m bothered that I bothered to squint my way through it only to find little more than more of the same.
No matter how much resizing and highlighting is used it doesn’t make the ^ content informative.
And Quit NAMECALLING other posters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!or take your  :shamrock:  etc. to the drama box

:shamrock:  :shamrock:

Inculcate we have been here before, mind your own business. OK. Don't read it.

Danny

Mind YOUR business.....like the question about the girl and the van!!

Offline elangraduate

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 02:41:00 PM »
Mind YOUR business.....like the question about the girl and the van!! >  Since you brought it up, could you shed some light on the subject?  Were you out joy riding with someone with last name "Bryant?"

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 02:44:46 PM »
Quote from: "elangraduate"
Mind YOUR business.....like the question about the girl and the van!! >  Since you brought it up, could you shed some light on the subject?  Were you out joy riding with someone with last name "Bryant?"

If you're speaking to me, the answer is no I was not out joyriding with anyone.  And I can't shed any light on the subject of Danny and the girl/van issue.  I know nothing about it, which is why I'm asking him about it.

Offline elangraduate

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 02:51:17 PM »
If you're speaking to me, the answer is no I was not out joyriding with anyone. And I can't shed any light on the subject of Danny and the girl/van issue. I know nothing about it, which is why I'm asking him about it.

I was speaking to Danny, sorry about the confusion.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 02:52:15 PM »
Quote from: "elangraduate"
If you're speaking to me, the answer is no I was not out joyriding with anyone. And I can't shed any light on the subject of Danny and the girl/van issue. I know nothing about it, which is why I'm asking him about it.

I was speaking to Danny, sorry about the confusion.

Np

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 03:02:25 PM »
To everyone asking about the girl being dragged around behind the van: He has seen these questions posited to him on multiple threads and has responded that he will not be answering them. I don’t think that repeating the question over and over is going to yield any more information. I don’t think it bothers someone who has been as blatantly antagonistic for as long as he has to elicit so much negative attention or to have so many threads (here and in OFFA) devoted to the albeit understandable reactions to his condescending, baiting, threadjacking, attacking and repeated reversals.
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 03:30:33 PM »
To everyone asking about the girl being dragged around behind the van: He has seen these questions posited to him on multiple threads and has responded that he will not be answering them. I don’t think that repeating the question over and over is going to yield any more information. I don’t think it bothers someone who has been as blatantly antagonistic for as long as he has to elicit so much negative attention or to have so many threads (here and in OFFA) devoted to the albeit understandable reactions to his condescending, baiting, threadjacking, attacking and repeated reversals.

Actually, I think it's very telling that he avoids the issue.  I also think it bothers him a great deal that people won't just drop it.  But, that just my opinion.

Edited to add:  And I'm seriously curious about what happened.  Was this a regular thing in Elan or an isolated incident?  Or, did it even happen at all?

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 04:10:58 PM »

Oh did you get your little panties all in a bunch on this Inculcate. I'm sorry you just find me so oppressive but as usual you only see the side you want to see.
" STOP BEING A PREJUDICE LITTLE MINDED SPINSTER"
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 04:18:41 PM »

Oh did you get your little panties all in a bunch on this Inculcate. I'm sorry you just find me so oppressive but as usual you only see the side you want to see.

No, she's right and I realize I'm contributing to it. You monopolize and derail quite a few threads.  You're demeaning to most posters, antagonistic to a huge degree and demand answers from others, but refuse to answer our questions.  But, I really do wanna know what the situation with the girl and the van is about.  Was this common practice?  An isolated incident?  What the hell happened and why won't you talk about it?

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 04:32:28 PM »
:shamrock:  :shamrock:

To everyone asking about the girl being dragged around behind the van:
Ask Felice about the genesis of the story, the confounding evolution of the story and the end of the story. This is her story she put together from the "Elan Survivor Web Site". I am in no way personally connected to this story in any way, shape or form. This is all Felice, folks. Please go ask her.
He has seen these questions posited to him on multiple threads and has responded that he will not be answering them.
I just did. I don't know anything about this story other then what Felice has said. It is Felice's story she made up.

I don’t think that repeating the question over and over is going to yield any more information.
It just did.
 I don’t think it bothers someone who has been as blatantly antagonistic for as long as he has to elicit so much negative attention or to have so many threads (here and in OFFA) devoted to the albeit understandable reactions to his condescending, baiting, threadjacking, attacking and repeated reversals.
I don't understand why you feel the need to be disrespectful towards me Inculcate. You have shown a utter lack of dignity since you accepted this job here. Stop antagonizing me, Please.

Danny

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 04:38:40 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

:shamrock:  :shamrock:  :shamrock:

No, she's right and I realize I'm contributing to it. You monopolize and derail quite a few threads.  You're demeaning to most posters, antagonistic to a huge degree and demand answers from others, but refuse to answer our questions.  But, I really do wanna know what the situation with the girl and the van is about.  Was this common practice?  An isolated incident?  What the hell happened and why won't you talk about it?

Anne stop being a hypocrite please. That is exactly what you do to Whooter and myself just about everyday or anybody else you don't agree with. What is funny is to read how you rationalize circumstances you don't like. You are a master. Congrats.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 04:42:03 PM »

Anne stop being a hypocrite please. That is exactly what you do to Whooter and myself just about everyday or anybody else you don't agree with. What is funny is to read how you rationalize circumstances you don't like. You are a master. Congrats.

I'm not being a hypocrite.  I answer the questions people ask me.  You choose not to.

If the following is true:

Quote from: "Danny II"
Ask Felice about the genesis of the story, the confounding evolution of the story and the end of the story. This is her story she put together from the "Elan Survivor Web Site". I am in no way personally connected to this story in any way, shape or form

Then why didn't you just come out and SAY IT??   ::deadhorse::