Author Topic: new JRC Article  (Read 16483 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: new JRC Article
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2010, 09:39:16 PM »
Submitted by Notorious Forever (not verified) on Thu Aug. 30, 2007 5:06 PM PDT.
I worked at JRC for almost 2 years. I've seen the good, the bad, the ugly...all under the same roof, and extending to almost every residence I supervised. I saw everything from corruption to torture. Yes, a school collecting Millions $$$ in different states' funds to deprive children of clothing, entertainment, and food. The head honcho, mentioned in the above article, uses that money to accumulate his wealth in properties, all of which are listed as being his, meaning under his name, and not under the Judge Rotenberg Center. Maybe his culture plays into it, since most are running this country, and do whatever they please. Let's get to an example of how to become a real-estate guru (20-30+ residences), using a non-profit organization to accumulate your wealth. The following are estimates, and can probably be found out because they're state funds provided by states sending these students to JRC. When I was there, I was given a figure of $200,000 per student coming from NY, and that can range up to $300,000+, depending on if the student needs staff 1-1, 2-1 with him/her at all times. A conservative estimate per additional staff needed to a student is $100,000 per year....but staff will never earn more than $40,000 per year working full-time with various students, so there's profit right here. When states are footing the bill, organizations love to charge $$$. This is ridiculous, since most of the time, these students never have a staff 1-1 with them 24 hrs./day because JRC is known for understaffing houses by all those who work there. Now, you take a house with 4 bedrooms, double-bunk beds, or 2 beds per room, and that adds up to 8 students. Take the 8 students and multiply that by $200,000 (minimum) = $1.6 million dollars. Next, you go out house hunting, and you find a run-down home, or foreclosed homes for about $100,000-$300,000. Next, you renovate/furnish the house up to desired operating condition...beautiful furniture, nice art, wired with cameras, mics, video equipment, etc. You just made out with a top-of-the-line, fully furnished house for yourself, after using it a few years in the program, and you throw the remaining $1.3 million into the program. So, since you're making out in Real-Estate, you decide to take a cut in pay, even though you still get an annual Salary to accompany your Jewish lifestyle. ;) In addition, with the remaining money ($1.3 million), you deprive students of clothing, force them to eat foods they don't like, or put them on portions, and then you purposefully put students into situations to break their contracts, at the last minute, so that you can prevent them from participating in any kind of social activities (ex: movies, trips, etc.). There's no oversight over how money's spent, how much is spent on each student, or where the money's ultimately going. That school is run by the seat of its pants...literally. Parents are manipulated into believing that all's well, when their lower-functioning son/daughter can't express himself/herself when being tortured, deprived, or ignored. This self-righteous master of deception lives the ultimate lifestyle...real-estate, $$$, the ability to manipulate employees, and free will to torture students. From my experience supervising many of the residences, as needed, they always put the least amount of staff necessary to a house to avoid having to employ all of its staff. Many times, this left staff at risk of becoming frustrated and abusing students, or causing students to notice this and attempting to attack staff. Many times, we used JRC’s intranet site to post our concerns/opinions, but they were either ignored and never posted for others to see, or you were looked at as a threat to the "status quo". Let's get into aversives... I have never in my life seen the torture that goes on in this school. Many times, I would personally stand in front of a camera when I suspected that a student was going to exhibit a behavior so that I wouldn't have to administer a GED (shock). Many times, I felt guilt, pity, or shame for being a part of this system, which derives its profit from the misery of others. Yes, it's said that parents have to give permission to go on GEDs (Graduated Electronic Devices), and that the judge also has to approve the treatment, but those kids are the ones ultimately being tortured. If I had to be on those devices, and was administered more than 1 per day for ridiculous JRC socially-unacceptable behaviors (ex: nagging, failure to raise my hand to speak out in class), I would have gone insane and killed someone. There have been students receiving up to 50+ more/day. I'm surprised that many of those kids actually tolerate such cruel form of torture. I feel for them because on many occasions, when I had to rotate their GEDs on an hourly basis, I noticed scars that were months old, and marks that would remain with them, possibly, for the rest of their lives. These marks were actual burns from this device, which is powered by a battery (12v, 24, and even 36v), and lasts for 2 seconds. I administered one to myself in training just to see what it would be like to be giving them to the students. The 12v alone will bring a tear to your eye, even if you don’t flinch, and leaves a red burn mark…imagine a 24v, or even a 36v device. These GEDs can either be placed on your arms, around your waist, on your lower legs, in the center of a special shoes, on a board from which you can't remove your hand, or even in a glove. There are artists at the school who build these devices, and are constantly trying to come up with new methods under Mr. Torture’s approval to get the most aversive effect from its administration. In the end, These people who work there (staff or EE's) are encouraged to write nice letters to all participating agencies associated with them, the parents, etc...all in order to keep their jobs, and the school open. There are many things I could go on about, but if they found out who I was, I would be legally responsible, since they make us sign papers, as they do all employees, to never say what goes on there, to avoid a lawsuit , and prosecution against us. However, being one of God's own, human laws don't apply to me, especially when it concerns inhumane treatment. I'm here to motivate, and teach people on how to fight against laws, policies, and procedures of unethical human beings who deceive people to make $$$.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2010, 09:43:40 PM »
This is why we need to step back and look at all facets and weigh each one carefully.  You may feel Brian is out of touch, how do we know that Rob is mentally sound or has an accurate memory of events which occurred.  We don’t……maybe all the reports positive and negative are inaccurate or tainted.  This is one of the problems of playing this out in the media spot light… negative reports sell a lot more papers.  

I don’t think any of us should make up our minds about JRC based on a single report or several even.  What I think is encouraging is that many organizations are getting involved to investigate JRC and their treatment of children.  If JRC is abusing kids then they should be shut down.  But if the shock treatment is found to improve childrens/peoples lives and can be better regulated then we would see an increase in the quality of lives of many children and adults.

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2010, 09:53:36 PM »
Excerpted from the quote in the post above Who’s prattle.
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Submitted by Notorious Forever (not verified) on Thu Aug. 30, 2007 5:06 PM PDT.
I worked at JRC for almost 2 years. I've seen the good, the bad, the ugly...all under the same roof, and extending to almost every residence I supervised. I saw everything from corruption to torture...
... These people who work there (staff or EE's) are encouraged to write nice letters to all participating agencies associated with them, the parents, etc...all in order to keep their jobs, and the school open. There are many things I could go on about, but if they found out who I was, I would be legally responsible, since they make us sign papers, as they do all employees, to never say what goes on there, to avoid a lawsuit , and prosecution against us. However, being one of God's own, human laws don't apply to me, especially when it concerns inhumane treatment. I'm here to motivate, and teach people on how to fight against laws, policies, and procedures of unethical human beings who deceive people to make $$$.

See that’s the upshot of the DoJ involvement. Those non-disclosure agreements don’t preclude employees against answering  the inquiries of such investigations (re: abuses and restraint deaths etc.).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 10:50:04 PM by Inculcated »
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2010, 10:27:18 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Actually,

The glowing review of the brutality of JRC for Child Torture doesn't even really matter. The discussion about "alternatives" *wank wank* doesn't even matter. What matters is when someone rolls an M-1a2 MBT right through the front doors of the place and the TC says to Mr. Israel, "Say hello to my little friend" right before he pumps a 120 mm Beehive anti-personnel round directly into Israel's sick face.

One glowing review of JRC means nothing. 10 glowing reviews of JRC means nothing. 1000 Glowing reviews of JRC means nothing. 10 Million glowing reviews of JRC means absolutely nothing. The fact that Brian's inability to process what was done to him means nothing to me other than myself getting the impression that this Brian kid is a raving idiot for not being able to muster up the rage over being hooked up to a dog collar and being treated worst than an animal. JRC uses a sick, abusive, and dangerous child abuse technique to scare children straight.

So fuck you Danny for even supporting something like this right after I read this:

Employees shocked him for aggressive behavior, he says, but also for minor misdeeds, like yelling or cursing. Each shock lasts two seconds. "It hurts like hell," Rob says. (The school's staff claim it is no more painful than a bee sting; when I tried the shock, it felt like a horde of wasps attacking me all at once. Two seconds never felt so long.) On several occasions, Rob was tied facedown to a four-point restraint board and shocked over and over again by a person he couldn't see. The constant threat of being zapped did persuade him to act less aggressively, but at a high cost. "I thought of killing myself a few times," he says.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2007/08/school-shock

:shamrock:  :shamrock:  

Che you don't even know this to be a fact and your telling me to fuck myself. Ok, great.
Now I know where all this anger is from now, thanks for dragging it all over fornits.
Well I don't know what to say you think you have it all figured out and I don't and I also don't think
you do either.

Danny
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2010, 09:56:57 AM »
I think it should be pointed out that it doesn’t seem to be JRC this “Notorious forever” guy has a problem with and he also doesn’t seem too concerned with human rights:
Excerpt from “Notorious forever”:

I also feel a need to mention that Mr. Israel is not only Jewish, but the actual judge, Rotenberg, who allowed Mr. Israel to establish this center in MA, for who it is named after, was also Jewish.

So, since you're making out in Real-Estate, you decide to take a cut in pay, even though you still get an annual Salary to accompany your Jewish lifestyle.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2010, 10:48:08 AM »
Quote from: "Inculcated"
See that’s the upshot of the DoJ involvement. Those non-disclosure agreements don’t preclude employees against answering  the inquiries of such investigations (re: abuses and restraint deaths etc.).

Almost every company has their employees sign a non-disclosure.  It is intended to protect the company from theft of proprietary information and processes.
For example an employee of JRC probably could not discuss the specifics of the GED with people outside the company.. how it is applied, monitored or procedures used to control it etc.  But if there are abuses going on then the non-disclosure doesn’t prevent employees from speaking about them.

But I do agree with you that the Department of Justice investigation will put to bed many of the conflicting reports that we have been reading about here and get down to what is really going on at JRC.  I think the controversy will continue either way, though, because many people just have a fundamental aversion to shock therapy from what I have read here.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2010, 02:36:08 PM »
http://www.prisonplanet.com/us-school-f ... hocks.html

US school for disabled forces students to wear packs that deliver massive electric shocks

Diana Sweet
Raw Story
Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mental Disability Rights International (MDRI) has filed a report and urgent appeal with the United Nations Special Rapporteur on Torture alleging that the Judge Rotenberg Center for the disabled, located in Massachusetts, violates the UN Convention against Torture.

The rights group submitted their report this week, titled “Torture not Treatment: Electric Shock and Long-Term Restraint in the United States on Children and Adults with Disabilities at the Judge Rotenberg Center,” after an in-depth investigation revealed use of restraint boards, isolation, food deprivation and electric shocks in efforts to control the behaviors of its disabled and emotionally troubled students.

Findings in the MDRI report include the center’s practice of subjecting children to electric shocks on the legs, arms, soles of feet and torso — in many cases for years — as well as some for more than a decade. Electronic shocks are administered by remote-controlled packs attached to a child’s back called a Graduated Electronic Decelerators (GEI).

The disabilities group notes that stun guns typically deliver three to four milliamps per shock. GEI packs, meanwhile, shock students with 45 milliamps — more than ten times the amperage of a typical stun gun.

A former employee of the center told an investigator, “When you start working there, they show you this video which says the shock is ‘like a bee sting’ and that it does not really hurt the kids. One kid, you could smell the flesh burning, he had so many shocks. These kids are under constant fear, 24/7. They sleep with them on, eat with them on. It made me sick and I could not sleep. I prayed to God someone would help these kids.”

Noting that it believes United States law fails to provide needed protections to children and adults with disabilities, MDRI calls for the immediate end to the use of electric shock and long-term restraints as a form of behavior modification or treatment and a ban on the infliction of severe pain for so-called therapeutic purposes.

“Torture as treatment should be banned and prosecuted under criminal law,” the report states.

The U.S. Department of Justice opened a “routine investigation” of the center in February of this year in response to a September 2009 letter signed by 31 disability organizations claiming that the center violated the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Judge Rotenberg CEO and founder Dr. Matthew L. Israel began his first program in California back in 1977. In 1981, a 14-year old boy died face down, tied to his bed, while living in the California center. Dr. Israel was not held responsible for the death. After an investigation by the State of California, Israel relocated to Rhode Island, and then to Massachusetts, where his facility still operates today.

Mother Jones magazine published an extensive investigative report on the Rotenberg Center in 2007 titled “School of Shock.” Reporter Jennifer Gonnerman asked, “How many times do you have to zap a child before it’s torture?”
Children at the Judge Rotenberg Center are often shackled, restrained and secluded for months at a time, the report says. Social isolation, and food deprivation as forms of punishment are common. Mock and threatened stabbings — to forcibly elicit unacceptable behaviors resulting in electric shock punishments (Labeled as Behavioral Research Lessons or BRLs, by the center) were reported to MDRI as well as state regulatory bodies.

A former student of the center reportedly tells MDRI, “The worst thing ever was the BRLs. They try and make you do a bad behavior and then they punish you. The first time I had a BRL, two guys came in the room and grabbed me – I had no idea what was going on. They held a knife to my throat and I started to scream and I got shocked. I had BRLs three times a week for stuff I didn’t even do. It went on for about six months or more. I was in a constant state of paranoia and fear. I never knew if a door opened if I would get one. It was more stress than I could ever imagine. Horror.”

Behaviors that the center deemed “aggressive,” as well as those considered “minor,” or “non-compliant” — such as raising one’s hand without permission — are all considered punishable by electric shocks, restraints, and other punishments to students.

“One girl who was blind, deaf and non-verbal was moaning and rocking,” a former teacher says in the report. “Her moaning was like a cry. The staff shocked her for moaning. Turned out she had broken a tooth. Another child had an accident in the bathroom and was shocked.”

The rights group investigation found that the Rotenberg center is the only known facility in the United States, “Or perhaps the world,” that employs the use of electricity, long-term restraints and other punishments to deliberately inflict pain upon its children and then refer to it as “treatment.” The electric shocks alone are cited as having possible long-term effects such as muscle stiffness, impotence, damage to teeth, scarring of the skin, hair loss, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), severe depression, chronic anxiety, memory loss and sleep disturbances.

The MDRI report states that more than any other source for its information, they relied upon information readily obtained from the Judge Rotenberg Center’s own website.

In response to MDRI’s report, the Judge Rotenberg Center said, “There is no credible evidence that for these most severe forms of behavior disorders, there is any pharmacological or psychological treatment that can effectively treat these students or even keep them safe. JRC is the only program willing to address the reality of these children’s disorders and endure the political firestorm in order to save these children and give them an education and a future.”

The complete rebuttal from the center can be read in full at JRC’s website.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Secret Dwarf Hooker

• View Profile

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2010, 04:22:11 PM »
Secret Dwarf Hooker

:rofl:  :rofl:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Secret Dwarf Hooker

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Secret Dwarf Hooker

"If I find out that you're lying, I'll cut your hairless little prick off before you even figure out what it's for. Do you understand me?"

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2010, 06:06:57 PM »
Quote from: "Secret Dwarf Hooker"
Secret Dwarf Hooker

"If I find out that you're lying, I'll cut your hairless little prick off before you even figure out what it's for. Do you understand me?"

Good movie.  Great acting by the little psycho.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2010, 06:11:55 PM »
http://www.prisonplanet.com/us-school-f ... hocks.html

US school for disabled forces students to wear packs that deliver massive electric shocks

Diana Sweet
Raw Story
Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mental Disability Rights International (MDRI) has filed a report and urgent appeal with the United Nations Special Rapporteur on Torture alleging that the Judge Rotenberg Center for the disabled, located in Massachusetts, violates the UN Convention against Torture.

The rights group submitted their report this week, titled “Torture not Treatment: Electric Shock and Long-Term Restraint in the United States on Children and Adults with Disabilities at the Judge Rotenberg Center,” after an in-depth investigation revealed use of restraint boards, isolation, food deprivation and electric shocks in efforts to control the behaviors of its disabled and emotionally troubled students.

Findings in the MDRI report include the center’s practice of subjecting children to electric shocks on the legs, arms, soles of feet and torso — in many cases for years — as well as some for more than a decade. Electronic shocks are administered by remote-controlled packs attached to a child’s back called a Graduated Electronic Decelerators (GEI).

The disabilities group notes that stun guns typically deliver three to four milliamps per shock. GEI packs, meanwhile, shock students with 45 milliamps — more than ten times the amperage of a typical stun gun.

A former employee of the center told an investigator, “When you start working there, they show you this video which says the shock is ‘like a bee sting’ and that it does not really hurt the kids. One kid, you could smell the flesh burning, he had so many shocks. These kids are under constant fear, 24/7. They sleep with them on, eat with them on. It made me sick and I could not sleep. I prayed to God someone would help these kids.”

Noting that it believes United States law fails to provide needed protections to children and adults with disabilities, MDRI calls for the immediate end to the use of electric shock and long-term restraints as a form of behavior modification or treatment and a ban on the infliction of severe pain for so-called therapeutic purposes.

“Torture as treatment should be banned and prosecuted under criminal law,” the report states.

The U.S. Department of Justice opened a “routine investigation” of the center in February of this year in response to a September 2009 letter signed by 31 disability organizations claiming that the center violated the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Judge Rotenberg CEO and founder Dr. Matthew L. Israel began his first program in California back in 1977. In 1981, a 14-year old boy died face down, tied to his bed, while living in the California center. Dr. Israel was not held responsible for the death. After an investigation by the State of California, Israel relocated to Rhode Island, and then to Massachusetts, where his facility still operates today.

Mother Jones magazine published an extensive investigative report on the Rotenberg Center in 2007 titled “School of Shock.” Reporter Jennifer Gonnerman asked, “How many times do you have to zap a child before it’s torture?”
Children at the Judge Rotenberg Center are often shackled, restrained and secluded for months at a time, the report says. Social isolation, and food deprivation as forms of punishment are common. Mock and threatened stabbings — to forcibly elicit unacceptable behaviors resulting in electric shock punishments (Labeled as Behavioral Research Lessons or BRLs, by the center) were reported to MDRI as well as state regulatory bodies.

A former student of the center reportedly tells MDRI, “The worst thing ever was the BRLs. They try and make you do a bad behavior and then they punish you. The first time I had a BRL, two guys came in the room and grabbed me – I had no idea what was going on. They held a knife to my throat and I started to scream and I got shocked. I had BRLs three times a week for stuff I didn’t even do. It went on for about six months or more. I was in a constant state of paranoia and fear. I never knew if a door opened if I would get one. It was more stress than I could ever imagine. Horror.”

Behaviors that the center deemed “aggressive,” as well as those considered “minor,” or “non-compliant” — such as raising one’s hand without permission — are all considered punishable by electric shocks, restraints, and other punishments to students.

“One girl who was blind, deaf and non-verbal was moaning and rocking,” a former teacher says in the report. “Her moaning was like a cry. The staff shocked her for moaning. Turned out she had broken a tooth. Another child had an accident in the bathroom and was shocked.”

The rights group investigation found that the Rotenberg center is the only known facility in the United States, “Or perhaps the world,” that employs the use of electricity, long-term restraints and other punishments to deliberately inflict pain upon its children and then refer to it as “treatment.” The electric shocks alone are cited as having possible long-term effects such as muscle stiffness, impotence, damage to teeth, scarring of the skin, hair loss, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), severe depression, chronic anxiety, memory loss and sleep disturbances.

The MDRI report states that more than any other source for its information, they relied upon information readily obtained from the Judge Rotenberg Center’s own website.

In response to MDRI’s report, the Judge Rotenberg Center said, “There is no credible evidence that for these most severe forms of behavior disorders, there is any pharmacological or psychological treatment that can effectively treat these students or even keep them safe. JRC is the only program willing to address the reality of these children’s disorders and endure the political firestorm in order to save these children and give them an education and a future.”

The complete rebuttal from the center can be read in full at JRC’s website.

Anne, Do you really think that the staff hold people down with a knife to their throat to administer the shock therapy?  You swallow this whole, no questions asked? You dont question why a place like JRC would issue knives as part of the procedure and train their staff how to hold people down at knife point?  Are you so far off onto the fringe that you buy this without question?

Then you reject the personal accounts of how the shock therapy has help people move on with their lives?  Have you read the rebuttal by JRC?  The reason why fornits has lost much of its credibility is because people like you are not forth coming and swallow every negative article you can find and then reject the rest as brainwashed babble.

Like I said I am not advocating shock therapy because I dont have all the facts but "rush to judgments" like yours just shows how dishonest the information presented on fornits really is.  why are you afraid to look at both sides fairly and make up you mind after the department of Justice finishes their investigation?  or read the rebuttal that JRC put out?  They have a right to defend themselves too.

Look at the good with the bad... maybe this place should be shut down or maybe shock therapy has a place in our society to really help some people.  Why close your eyes to this possibility?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2010, 06:40:54 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Anne, Do you really think that the staff hold people down with a knife to their throat to administer the shock therapy? You swallow this whole, no questions asked? You dont question why a place like JRC would issue knives as part of the procedure and train their staff how to hold people down at knife point? Are you so far off onto the fringe that you buy this without question?
I can't actually speak for Anne, but I don't see where she explicitly said that. And I myself don't know whether they use real knives or fake knives in this exercise of wanton power run amok. But this point is but secondary, unless an accident occurs.

The primary and most relevant issue or truth here is that the student is under the impression that the knives are real. THAT is the whole point behind the Behavior Rehearsal Lessons (BRLs), which are intended to elicit so-called unacceptable behaviors or reactions to stimuli, e.g., F-E-A-R, and for which the kids then get zapped. I imagine the intended lesson is that the student viscerally associates the unacceptable behavior with the aversive electrical accompaniment. S/he is not going to react if s/he knows the knives are fake.

This of course brings up the likelihood of residual trauma from all this. But that's for another post.

From Torture not Treatment: Electric Shock and Long-Term Restraint in the United States on Children and Adults with Disabilities at the Judge Rotenberg Center, Urgent Appeal to the United Nations Special Rapporteur on Torture Presented by Mental Disability Rights International:

Additionally, children are shackled, restrained and secluded for months at a time. Social isolation and food deprivation as punishment is common.
Mock and threatened stabbings – to forcibly elicit unacceptable behaviors which then result in electric shock punishments (known as Behavioral Research Lessons or BRLs) - have been reported to MDRI and state regulatory bodies as well.

The worst thing ever was the BRLs. They try and make you do a bad behavior and then they punish you. The first time I had a BRL, two guys came in the room and grabbed me – I had no idea what was going on. They held a knife to my throat and I started to scream and I got shocked. I had BRL's three times a week for stuff I didn't even do. It went on for about six months or more. I was in a constant state of paranoia and fear. I never knew if a door opened if I would get one. It was more stress than I could ever imagine. Horror. –  MDRI interview with former JRC student[/list][/list]
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #148 on: May 17, 2010, 06:46:40 PM »
    Quote from: "Secret Dwarf Hooker"
    At least Esther had the foresight to wear gloves.
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    « Reply #149 on: May 17, 2010, 06:59:41 PM »
    Quote from: "Ursus"
    Anyway, the relevant issue or truth here is that the former student was under that impression. THAT is the whole point behind the Behavioral Research Lessons (BRLs), which are intended to elicit so-called unacceptable behaviors or reactions to stimuli, e.g., F-E-A-R, and for which the kids then get zapped.

We don’t know that,Ursus.  Maybe he was under the impression.  Maybe he isn’t telling the truth.  The point is I find it interesting that out of all the reading, all the positive accounts and all the negative accounts that you and Anne tend to believe this “Shocking at knife point” over all the other articles.
    There are kids who did really well there and never indicated that they were held down at knife point and administered shock therapy.  They never indicated that they were in Fear.

So what we are seeing is many conflicting reports of how business is conducted inside JRC and there is an ongoing investigation.  Why close your mind to only one possible outcome?  Your handling of this discussion is very telling of how you cherry pick articles to suit your precluded outcome.  I get the impression many here really don’t care about the truth.  They just want places shut down without ever knowing if there was value there that could help children live a better life.