Author Topic: Religulous  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Religulous
« on: May 07, 2010, 04:16:20 PM »
Religulous is a 2008  American comedy/political film written by and starring political  comedian  Bill Maher and directed by Larry Charles. According to Maher, the title of the film is a portmanteau  derived from the words "religion" and "ridiculous"; the documentary examines and mocks organized religion and religious belief.

A range of views on the various world religions are explored as Bill Maher travels to numerous religious destinations, such as Jerusalem, the Vatican, and Salt Lake City, interviewing believers from a variety of backgrounds and groups, including a former member of Jews for Jesus, Christians, Muslims, former Mormons,  and Hasidic Jews. He travels to Speakers' Corner in Hyde Park, London and satirically preaches Scientology  beliefs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religulous
http://bit.ly/9jy133
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Religulous
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 04:18:33 PM »
Good movie, have you seen it yet?  Although I thought he went a lil easy on 'em.  Thought he was gonna be a lot tougher.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 04:24:23 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Good movie, have you seen it yet?
Of course! I'd be some kinda maroon posting about stuff i haven't seen yet...lol.
I thought he did just fine with most of it; in fact he busted balls proper a couple of times...lmao!

Offline Loli

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 05:29:10 PM »
I liked this film a lot.  It could have been better produced but its content was on point. My favorite was Bible Land.

I work at a Fundie school, and I just don't get the whole "see the elephant in my pocket" thing. I mean, how could any moron who watches this movie NOT feel ridiculous if religulous? I'm not even an atheist, per se.  I'm just amazed by the natural world, in awe of and appalled by the human world, and comfortable with uncertainty.  To me, good=good. That's it.

I just gave the movie to my born again Catholic ex. The one who offered to pay for me to go to abstinence boot camp after our divorce. He decided if I wasn't going to be married to him, the next best thing was to be nun, and he was wiling to pay me to not do it (with anyone but him of course). I would have preferred a child support.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 06:07:44 PM »
Quote from: "Loli"
I just gave the movie to my born again Catholic ex. The one who offered to pay for me to go to abstinence boot camp after our divorce. He decided if I wasn't going to be married to him, the next best thing was to be nun, and he was wiling to pay me to not do it (with anyone but him of course). I would have preferred a child support.
What a freak!!!  :o

Offline Loli

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 09:11:31 PM »
Well, he offered to pay me to go to the Abstinence Workshop at Church after our divorce. He said he would also go.   I said I'd pay him to go have sex with someone else.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 09:46:13 PM »
Quote from: "Loli"
Well, he offered to pay me to go to the Abstinence Workshop at Church after our divorce. He said he would also go.   I said I'd pay him to go have sex with someone else.

:shamrock:  :shamrock:

LMAO

Danny
Stand and fight, till there is no more.