Author Topic: why and how this forum fails  (Read 12765 times)

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
why and how this forum fails
« on: May 04, 2010, 03:14:05 PM »
This forum fails because the forum moderators fail to moderate. there is no question and answer, there is only accusation and counter-accusation from and to people who seem to know each other, and occupy this board therewith. Witness Sharon, Bennison, Babitz, Sticky Stack, et al.
There are those of us , many to count, who have come to this board to find insight, answers to the experience we had, horrible as it is. And yet, and yet. What we find is a never-ending tribe of the stupid, prattling on, trivializing our experience. Is that what you wanted? Yeah, what the stupid want is to trivialize the experience of others. This is not trivial, and lest it happen to you, you'd better listen.
But you won't. you're both stupid and proud. And it will happen to you. Expect my sympathy then.
I will save my compassion for those who fought before time, who respected others before time, who remember. I grew up around people with blue numbers on their arms, who remember the mandate, who remember the sierra maestre '58.
i'm not so old, nor so slow, but I remember what they told me. i remember who they were. I won't forget who you are either.
J.O.M.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Re: why and how this forum fails
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 05:59:13 PM »
A wise old mountain man took his grandson on a trading trip through a couple of nearby towns on his regular trading route. There they met a stranger who asked the old dude about the town. "I've heard this town is a really bad one, full of thieves and ruffians and loose women. Is that true?" "Oh yes", said the old man, "you should be careful here." Short while later, another stranger asked about the place. "I've heard that this is a really good town, full of kind honest people and that I should think about moving my family here. Is that good advice?" "Oh  yes", said the old man, "I love this town."

This confused the kid. He asked his grandpa why he had lied like that and which story had been the truth. "I didn't lie, son. Both things are true. It just depends on who and what you focus on."
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 06:07:45 PM »
Quote from: "justonemore"
This forum fails because the forum moderators fail to moderate. there is no question and answer, there is only accusation and counter-accusation from and to people who seem to know each other, and occupy this board therewith. Witness Sharon, Bennison, Babitz, Sticky Stack, et al.
There are those of us , many to count, who have come to this board to find insight, answers to the experience we had, horrible as it is. And yet, and yet. What we find is a never-ending tribe of the stupid, prattling on, trivializing our experience. Is that what you wanted? Yeah, what the stupid want is to trivialize the experience of others. This is not trivial, and lest it happen to you, you'd better listen.
But you won't. you're both stupid and proud. And it will happen to you. Expect my sympathy then.
I will save my compassion for those who fought before time, who respected others before time, who remember. I grew up around people with blue numbers on their arms, who remember the mandate, who remember the sierra maestre '58.
i'm not so old, nor so slow, but I remember what they told me. i remember who they were. I won't forget who you are either.
J.O.M.

Listen JOM,
I have contributed to this site in more ways then one to advance its success. I find your characterization of me inappropriate for someone that barely knows me at all.
If you feel this is all I have been able to accomplish in your opinion then PM me and I will try to explain where I am coming from. I will not make excuses for my posts, most I believe in passionately. I have lost my mind at times yet I allow for the learning curve since I am a heated individual.

Danny
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:30:22 PM by DannyB II »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 06:12:51 PM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
A wise old mountain man took his grandson on a trading trip through a couple of nearby towns on his regular trading route. There they met a stranger who asked the old dude about the town. "I've heard this town is a really bad one, full of thieves and ruffians and loose women. Is that true?" "Oh yes", said the old man, "you should be careful here." Short while later, another stranger asked about the place. "I've heard that this is a really good town, full of kind honest people and that I should think about moving my family here. Is that good advice?" "Oh  yes", said the old man, "I love this town."

This confused the kid. He asked his grandpa why he had lied like that and which story had been the truth. "I didn't lie, son. Both things are true. It just depends on who and what you focus on."
20 minutes ago - Comment - Like
 :tup: Whooter Likes this.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 06:15:27 PM »
Quote from: "Antigen"

:notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

:shamrock:  :shamrock:

Was just getting ready to say the same thing, very well put.

Danny

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 08:13:25 PM »
Don't like Thieves, got  a affinity for ruffians, ( sympatico, kind of) and i like loose women a lot.( no, I mean really.Really. A lot)
Great story, great allegory, 'cept.. Ain't no wise man.
Cut wood, carry water, powder, shot and ball. Load when ready, prepare to re-load, fire on command.
J.O.M

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 10:33:50 PM »
Quote from: "justonemore"
J.O.M.

You do realize the above are foaming off at the mouth on an unmoderated part of the forum? Hence, out of the moderation team's control to moderate.

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 11:44:42 AM »
:shamrock:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 05:36:46 PM by SharonMcCarthy »
"A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle."
Kahlil Gibran

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 01:00:52 PM »
This forum FAILS because the anti program argument is invalid. Just because 0.000001% of kids who go to programs end up crying about it on message boards for years afterwards because they have issues with their family doesn't make programs bad. Just because 1 out of 10000 programs goes out of business doesn't make the rest just as bad. The hypocrisy here is so thick any one with an open mind would be hard pressed not to notice it immediately.

Let's say a "program survivor" (how laughable a term is that since 99.9999999999999999% of kids survive programs?) comes here and makes unsubstantiated claims about how evil a program is. Demands of proof? Hardly. Fornits takes that one single biased experience and uses it to paint an entire industry with the same bloodied brush! But wait! What about the large majority of kids who have positive, life changing, and life saving experiences in programs? They are brainwashed! Cannot be trusted! Their testimony is summarily dismissed as lies, propaganda, marketing or the words of the brainwashed. Luckily there is a resident hypocrisy detector TheWho who helpfully points out this bullshit, but TheWho hardly makes a dent because this place is built upon such bullshit hypocritical generalizations. Don't think the fornits cult members didn't try to purge THeWho, they used every tactic available from blackmail to threats. Including the admins of this very forum!!

This forum fails because it's not honest, the people who post here are not honest, they have an agenda and will use whatever bullshit tactics they need to push their lies. Fornits has morphed into a cult of losers who will defend bullshit claims to their death bed. Fornits fails because 12 survivors post here (according to a recent poll) out of the hundreds of thousands that have been through them. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. Programs Win!
one day at a time

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 01:08:13 PM »
:feedtrolls:  :feedtrolls:  :feedtrolls:
 :guesswho:

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 01:09:00 PM »
Quote from: "SUCK IT"
This forum FAILS because the anti program argument is invalid. Just because 0.000001% of kids who go to programs end up crying about it on message boards for years afterwards because they have issues with their family doesn't make programs bad. Just because 1 out of 10000 programs goes out of business doesn't make the rest just as bad. The hypocrisy here is so thick any one with an open mind would be hard pressed not to notice it immediately.

Let's say a "program survivor" (how laughable a term is that since 99.9999999999999999% of kids survive programs?) comes here and makes unsubstantiated claims about how evil a program is. Demands of proof? Hardly. Fornits takes that one single biased experience and uses it to paint an entire industry with the same bloodied brush! But wait! What about the large majority of kids who have positive, life changing, and life saving experiences in programs? They are brainwashed! Cannot be trusted! Their testimony is summarily dismissed as lies, propaganda, marketing or the words of the brainwashed. Luckily there is a resident hypocrisy detector TheWho who helpfully points out this bullshit, but TheWho hardly makes a dent because this place is built upon such bullshit hypocritical generalizations. Don't think the fornits cult members didn't try to purge THeWho, they used every tactic available from blackmail to threats. Including the admins of this very forum!!

This forum fails because it's not honest, the people who post here are not honest, they have an agenda and will use whatever bullshit tactics they need to push their lies. Fornits has morphed into a cult of losers who will defend bullshit claims to their death bed. Fornits fails because 12 survivors post here (according to a recent poll) out of the hundreds of thousands that have been through them. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. Programs Win!
You know I see your point completely. It does make perfect sense.
"A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle."
Kahlil Gibran

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 01:10:25 PM »
:bs:  :bs:  :bs:  :suicide:   :twofinger:  :poison:  ::poke::

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 09:02:34 PM »
Quote from: "SharonMcCarthy"
Quote from: "SUCK IT"

You know I see your point completely. It does make perfect sense.

:shamrock:  :shamrock:

Now your starting to come around, Sharon have your own opinions here, dare to be different. Not every single piece of evidence has to be looked through the same microscope.
Yes I did go through a very sick program called Elan yet there are different experiences, don't be brainwashed again.

Danny

Offline RavingMad

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 09:18:09 AM »
THIS FAILS BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE ART ARE ALLOWED TO BULLY A SITE, GINGER A PUSSY TO STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT, PSY WELL ANOTHER PUSSY AFRAID TO BE HUMAN, FELICE THE CUNTMENTAL CASE, CHE IS EVIL ASS CHINA PANDA FUCKER ARE GIVEN FREE RAIN TO DO WHATEVER, MARY WELL WE KNOW ABOUT MARY TOO SHE THINKS WE DONT BUT WE DO, JOEL WITH HIS MANY SCREENAMES. YOU PEOPLE GOT YOUR LITTLE FORUM AND CAN CARE LESS ABOUT HURTING GOOD PEOPLE. HALF THESE SCHOOLS ARE NEEDED. HALF OF YOU NEEDED TO BE HOUSED IN A FACILITY. THE WORLD CLEARLY CAN SEE THAT. YOU ALL TRIED TO BREAK RULES AND BREAK THE LAWS OF THE LAND AND NOW COME BACK WHINING LIKE LITTLE BITCHES AND ASSHOLES BECAUSE SOCIETY WOULD NOT PUT UP WITH YOU RUNNING WILD, HURTING YOUR PARENTS. GET THE FUCK OVER IT. I SAY OPEN MORE PLACEMENTS FOR YOU PEOPLE. FELICE YOU NEED TO BE LOCKED THE FUCK UP CRAZY CUNT. ART YOU ARE JUST AS SICK. CHE GO FUCK A PANDA. OH THATS RIGHT YOU CANNOT WORK IN THE UNITED STATES HAD TO LEAVE GO FIGURE.
RETARDS GET A LIFE...DO NOT POST ON FORNITS, IT WILL DAMAGE YOUR BRAIN AND ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING OF VALUE.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 10:41:02 AM »
Quote from: "RavingMad"
HALF THESE SCHOOLS ARE NEEDED. HALF OF YOU NEEDED TO BE HOUSED IN A FACILITY. THE WORLD CLEARLY CAN SEE THAT. YOU ALL TRIED TO BREAK RULES AND BREAK THE LAWS OF THE LAND AND NOW COME BACK WHINING LIKE LITTLE BITCHES AND ASSHOLES BECAUSE SOCIETY WOULD NOT PUT UP WITH YOU RUNNING WILD, HURTING YOUR PARENTS. GET THE FUCK OVER IT. I SAY OPEN MORE PLACEMENTS FOR YOU PEOPLE.
I disagree. None of "these schools" are needed. None of us needed to be abused in facilities. The world can not clearly see much of anything concerning this. If people broke laws they should have been tried properly and with due process, not coerced into some stupid fucking brainwashing camp. Blah blah blah, either you're a troll or you're off your meds. Maybe you should smoke some of that pot in your avatar, it might help you.