Author Topic: Bullshit Propoganda from Ridgecreek "School"  (Read 11450 times)

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
Re: Bullshit Propoganda from Ridgecreek "School"
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 03:50:13 PM »
Is there any way to keep Hidden Lake Academy and just start a new thread with  The Ridge Creek School/ HLA?  I have received emails requesting HLA be kept, but for new prospecitve parents they will not find The Ridge Creek School here, if they don't know HLA's history.

Also I was told the jeuvenile offenders were housed along with the other students in the dorms.    Since' he' has the agencies locked down, can anyone confirm?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 04:29:46 PM »
Quote from: "Jill Ryan"
Quote from: "psy"
If HLA is Ridge Creek, should we change the name of the forum to "Hidden Lake Academy / Ridge Creek School"?
Yes, that would be helpful. I would suggest "THE RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL/ HIDDEN LAKE ACADEMY" as any info on The Ridge Creek School will not come up on a search if the party does not know it was formerly HLA.
Is there any way to keep Hidden Lake Academy and just start a new thread with  The Ridge Creek School/ HLA?  I have received emails requesting HLA be kept, but for new prospecitve parents they will not find The Ridge Creek School here, if they don't know HLA's history.
Perhaps the easiest thing to do, in addition to changing the forum name, would be to sticky a thread titled "Ridge Creek School vs. Hidden Lake Academy" (or similar such) which simply explains it. Or which attempts to explain it, as this saga is more analogous to several seasons worth of 'The Sopranos', if you ask me...
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 04:35:40 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Quote from: "psy"
If HLA is Ridge Creek, should we change the name of the forum to "Hidden Lake Academy / Ridge Creek School"?
Yes, that would be helpful. I would suggest "THE RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL/ HIDDEN LAKE ACADEMY" as any info on The Ridge Creek School will not come up on a search if the party does not know it was formerly HLA.
Perhaps the easiest thing to do, in addition to changing the forum name, would be to sticky a thread titled "Ridge Creek School vs. Hidden Lake Academy" (or similar such) which simply explains it. Or which attempts to explain it, as this saga is more analogous to several seasons worth of 'The Sopranos', if you ask me...
Yeah.  Start such a thread and i'll sticky it.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 07:03:39 PM »
I just did a search on google for (The) Ridge Creek School, it does not show Fornits...??

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 07:21:59 PM »
I just did a search on google for (The) Ridge Creek School, it does not show Fornits...??
I just did one for "Ridge Creek School" (with quotes) and a fornits thread, titled RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL, showed up on the second page. Since this forum now has "Ridge Creek" in its name/title (but didn't previously), my guess is it'll just take a little while longer for fornits threads to reach page 1 for such a search.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 07:30:44 PM »
I did a search and the Ridgecreek website comes up first.  Does anyone know how Ridge Creek differs from HLA?  Same location...staff....same marketing?  Do they target the same type of kids?  Better academics?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Why are there Negative Websites about Schools and Programs?
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 04:47:20 PM »
Lol. And they categorize adolescents as "whining too much"...

Breaking News
Posted: Jun 9, 2010

Ridge Creek School
Dahlonega, GA

Why are there Negative Websites about Schools and Programs?

Scott Smith
Admissions
706-868-4730
http://www.ridgecreekschool.com

June 4, 2010

Of the many difficult hurdles presented to those of us who work with families in crisis, perhaps the most daunting and hurtful are attacks from the very people that, in their time of need, sought our guidance and assistance. Often, the schools and programs that provide the strongest and highest-rated, proven support and solutions for these struggling families become the targets of the misplaced anger and unbridled aggression of those they were attempting to help. In most cases, these attacks come from families that fail to see the program to its fruition or refuse to follow the guidelines provided by the professionals in this field.

Unfortunately, the anger and frustration generated by their failure can lead some students and parents to manufacture half-truths and, in many cases, slanderous lies, for which the internet has become the platform. No school or therapeutic program in this country has escaped these vicious and, for the most part, anonymous attacks. Further, as long as the erroneous statement contains a heading like, "I was told by…" or, "A former staff member said…", there is no legal recourse available to the school or program under attack.

We at Ridge Creek urge the parents of prospective students to fully investigate any eventual placement by calling the school and/or program under consideration to request a list of families that have completed the curriculum and to contact these families for a clear and unbiased picture of the program and its effectiveness. If there are items of concern encountered on an internet site, address these with the school and its alumni. The future of a struggling child is too valuable to be trusted to a simple internet search that yields the negative attacks of those who refused the heed advice and follow suggested treatment and recovery paths.

Ridge Creek Admissions Team

~Comments~

June 09, 2010

Well done Scott.

This is a difficult hurdle and one that I find undermines new parents willingness/ability to connect with their chosen program-which perpetuates the issue The fear that the process may not work is enflamed because of these statements.

References are a significant step in easing the confusion of fact vs. misleading information. As with any business, the most accurate sign of a successful business (outcome) is from its consumers. They will be honest about what our best is. And they'll probably do a better job with it…

Thanks,

Sean Haggerty
Cedar Ridge Academy
435-353-4498 ext. 117
http://www.cedaridge.net

Copyright ©2010, Woodbury Reports, Inc.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 04:55:55 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
I did a search and the Ridgecreek website comes up first.  Does anyone know how Ridge Creek differs from HLA?  Same location...staff....same marketing?  Do they target the same type of kids?  Better academics?

I bet you will be waiting for "hell to freeze over" before Ursus will give you a answer. Now if you wanted to know why a child was molested at Ridgecreek he would fall all over himself trying to get to the answer.
UH.....Joel, Antigen, Psy, Che, Anne, Felice, Pile, nobody......not interested. Well I guess we will just wait for a newspaper clipping to come out.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 05:01:37 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 03:45:17 PM by Joel »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 05:41:44 PM »
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)/ Behavioral Method at Ridgecreek.
Here is maybe one way it differs from before, maybe not too.
Is this behavior method new to the TTI/Schools or has it been used all along.

Marsha M. Linehan/Developer of Dialectical Behavior Therapy/Homepage
http://behavioraltech.org/index.cfm?CFI ... N=88825614
Behavioral Tech, LLC, founded by Dr. Linehan, trains mental health care providers and treatment teams who work with complex and severely disordered populations to use compassionate, scientifically valid treatments and to implement and evaluate these treatments in their practice setting.

DIALECTICAL BEHAVIOR THERAPY IN A NUTSHELL
http://www.cdcbt.com/dialectical.html
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is a fairly new type of psychotherapy or “talk therapy.” Developed by Marsha Linehan, Ph.D., DBT was first introduced over a dozen years ago as a treatment for Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). People with BPD (for more info on BPD click here). experience intense emotions which lead to actions such as self-injury, anger outbursts or abrupt ending of important relationships. Although these actions temporarily reduce emotional pain they often wind up causing independent problems that can make life even more difficult. Historically, BPD has been thought of as one of the most difficult problems to address effectively.  Several research studies, often referred to as clinical trials, have demonstrated that DBT is an effective treatment for adults with BPD. Both the American Psychological Association and the American Psychiatric Association currently consider DBT to be a first-line treatment for BPD (click on either Association for a link to their respective website).

As a result of DBT’s success in treating adults with BPD, it has been adapted for adolescents struggling with severe emotional turmoil and intensely problematic ways of dealing with their distress. DBT has also been modified so that it can be used with other difficulties such as eating disorders, substance use, and anger management.

So what exactly is DBT? In a nutshell, DBT is a compassionate type of behavioral therapy that is intended to help people move toward having a life that feels even more meaningful and worth living. Distress, emotional pain, interpersonal difficulties, and behavioral problems such as over-eating, not eating, using substances, self-injuring, losing control, withdrawing, and using-up relationships can make it incredibly difficult to function normally and lead a life that feels meaningful and worthwhile. DBT targets the issues that cause distress and teaches skills to deal with them without having to resort to self-defeating behaviors. It does so in a framework, though, that helps us understand that we are doing the best we can even though we need to learn ways that work better.

Now that we have a quick idea about what DBT is at its heart, how does it work? For DBT to be successful, the treatment has to do two things effectively: (1) Teach skills that people need in order to move closer toward their life goals and; (2) Help people cultivate an ability to work these skills into their daily lives.  The teaching skills part happens through our 16-week DBT Skills Group. When people sign-up for the DBT Skills Group we ask that they make a commitment to the entire 16-week course.  The Skills Group is run very much like a class or a seminar. It meets one time per week for 90-minutes.  Participants are provided with notebooks that go along with the skills being taught in group.  Homework that corresponds with the skills topics is routinely assigned and reviewed.

Individual DBT psychotherapy and DBT group therapy are two ways of developing and sharpening the ability to apply skills taught in skills group to real life. DBT clients usually meet individually with their therapist one to two times per week for 45-minute sessions.  DBT group therapy consists of 5-8 group members once a week for 90 minutes. While individual DBT therapy is more personalized, DBT group therapy offers the participant more social support as well the opportunity to see how others incorporate DBT skills into their lives. Some people choose to do both, while others enroll in one or the other. A beginning discussion of how to decide how much and what to sign-up for occurs just below. As is the case with the Skills Group, when people enroll in either individual DBT psychotherapy or DBT group therapy we ask that they make a 16-week commitment.

At our Center, we offer DBT Skills Groups, DBT group therapy, and DBT individual psychotherapy. The skills and therapy groups are held at a wide range of times during the week, including early evenings and mornings. Each group occurs for 90-minutes and participants typically attend 1-2 groups per week. DBT individual psychotherapy can be scheduled at a wide range of times, including evenings and Saturday’s.

Decisions regarding which parts of DBT to enroll in usually depend upon individual goals and whether an individual already has an individual therapist they wish to continue with and who understands and supports the goals of Skills Group training. Our Center’s therapists are available to assist in making these choices. With this said, enrolling in a Skills Group is an essential part of DBT for anyone who has not already successfully completed Skills Group training in another setting. To get to this level, we have found that the majority of people need to complete the equivalent of two cycles of our Center’s 16-week skills group.

Either DBT group therapy or DBT individual psychotherapy is also typically included in most people’s initial plans. These two parts of DBT are the main ways we have of helping people develop and sharpen their ability to apply what is learned in the Skills Group to their lives. To get an even more intensive experience, some people choose to sign-up for both.

Several people come to our Center already involved in psychotherapy with a therapist in the community.  In these instances, we usually recommend that people enroll in both a skills and therapy group.  At other times, people may come to our Center already involved in individual DBT psychotherapy with a therapist in the community. In these cases, many people choose to limit their enrollment to a skills group. Also, whether part of our Center or not, a pre-requisite of our DBT program is that clients have an individual therapist, who may or may not be the prescribing physician.

Medication is a useful adjunct to many clients in DBT. In these cases clients need to have a prescribing physician familiar with DBT. We do not provide medication at the Center. If medication alone has successfully treated the problematic symptoms, though, there is no need for DBT. If not, it is important to understand that in undertaking DBT, DBT becomes the primary treatment. If medication side-effects interfere with effective participation in DBT, it is usually a good idea to postpone enrolling in DBT or to discuss with the prescribing physicians the pros and cons of continuing the medications at their current dose.

PROBLEMS ADDRESSED: ADULTS AND ADOLESCENTS
Depression   |  Panic Attacks   |  OCD   |  Social Anxiety
Procrastination   |  Anger Management   |  Excessive/Constant Worry
Perfectionism   |  Fears/Phobias   |  Borderline Personality Disorder
Eating/Weight Struggles   |  Self-injury/Self-harm   |  Alcohol or
Drug Overuse   |  Hair Pulling  

About Behavioral Tech: In The News    
http://behavioraltech.org/about/news.cfm
Monitor of Psychology, April 2009
"Fostering Lives worth living," an article by Tory Deangelis on Dr. Linehan's years of work with severly suicidal patients.

Time Magazine, January 8, 2009
"Minds on the Edge" by John Cloud features Borderline Personality Disorder, Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Dr. Linehan's work in the field.
O, The Oprah Magazine, October 2006
"Making Friends with Reality," an interview with Marsha Linehan, Ph.D., ABBP

Hillside News, March 2006
“Hillside Launches Groundbreaking Therapy Program.” Hillside is the first and only known adolescent treatment facility in the Southeast to be fully trained in and implemented DBT. Hillside is a private, not-for-profit facility, licensed by the State of Georgia and accredited by CARF - the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.

O, The Oprah Magazine, August 2005
“Women on the Edge” article includes an interview with Dialectical Behavior Therapy treatment developer, Marsha M. Linehan, Ph.D., ABBP

New York Times, July 13, 2004
“With Toughness and Caring, a Novel Therapy Helps Tortured Souls” article includes an interview with Dialectical Behavior Therapy treatment developer, Marsha M. Linehan, Ph.D., ABBP
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:39:42 PM by DannyB II »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2010, 06:53:42 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
I bet you will be waiting for "hell to freeze over" before Ursus will give you a answer. Now if you wanted to know why a child was molested at Ridgecreek he would fall all over himself trying to get to the answer.
UH.....Joel, Antigen, Psy, Che, Anne, Felice, Pile, nobody......not interested. Well I guess we will just wait for a newspaper clipping to come out.
:roflmao:  Personally, I'm not actually sure how much of an overlap there is. Moreover, I am hardly the one to know.

My guess is the reason nobody else bothered to answer Whooter is they probably figure he has a personal phone connection to Buccellato, no dialing needed, just pick up the receiver!  :D

I think Whooter sometimes fishes for info, to see what folks here actually do know or guess. Perhaps it's a game for him. Those questions probably didn't come from someone who doesn't already the answers.

Joel

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 07:04:15 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 03:46:09 PM by Joel »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 08:21:04 PM »
duplicate
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:26:42 PM by DannyB II »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 08:25:48 PM »
Ursus wrote
Personally, I'm not actually sure how much of an overlap there is. Moreover, I am hardly the one to know.

My guess is the reason nobody else bothered to answer Whooter is they probably figure he has a personal phone connection to Buccellato , no dialing needed, just pick up the receiver!    

I think Whooter sometimes fishes for info, to see what folks here actually :do know or guess. Perhaps it's a game for him. Those questions probably didn't come from someone who doesn't already the answers.

You are not the one to know
[/i], jeesh is this situational, conditional or selective.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2010, 10:26:10 AM »
Well... Bucellato offers some kind of an answer, which is really no answer at all... but, here ya have it:

Breaking News
Posted: May 20, 2010 08:18

Ridge Creek School
Dahlonega, GA

Status of Ridge Creek School (Formerly Hidden Lake Academy)

Len Buccellato
Founder
706-864-4730
http://www.ridgecreekschool.com

May 19, 2010

Due to our name change and the addition of new curriculum, there are components that have caused some confusion with prospective parents and consultants, so we would like to take some time to clarify the situation.

Name Change: Hidden Lake Academy is now Ridge Creek Academy. The same quality of excellence in clinical, academics, sports and recreation that you knew at Hidden Lake Academy is present at Ridge Creek School. The only difference is that our average length of stay is now 12 months.

Ridge Creek School and Ridge Creek Wilderness are two separate and distinct entities. Ridge Creek Wilderness is our 28 day wilderness program and exists on a seasonal basis. Ridge Creek Wilderness also allows us to create a special academic program for the student who is lacking a few credits to graduate high school or for those students whose consultants or parents need a shorter program.

Our wilderness curriculum component at Ridge Creek School has apparently caused confusion; therefore from now on we will call it an "Adventure Enrichment Curriculum". This is offered each month for a weekend trip. There is no additional cost and it is optional for the students, it is not mandatory. However we may strongly recommend it for students who are stuck therapeutically or who need a time out space to work through some issues. Apparently this has caused some confusion among parents, especially those of girls. Students do not need to participate in the wilderness program.

Tuition is $4,800.00 per month. In these trying economic times for families, we have continued to help with financial aid, as well as other payment options.

Thank you very much for your ongoing support and if you have any additional questions please call Ridge Creek School at 706-864-4730 or visit their website at: http://www.ridgecreekschool.com.

Copyright ©2010, Woodbury Reports, Inc.