Author Topic: Costa Rica???  (Read 2697 times)

Offline maruska

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
Re: Costa Rica???
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 06:17:32 PM »
The place they're looking into is this WWASPS shithole:

http://wiki.fornits.com/index.php?title=Pillars_of_Hope

Good luck talking sense into those fuckheads, though. Conduct Disorders is owned by programmies and the majority of the posters are seriously fucking vile.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 06:36:47 PM »
You may know something I don't know, Pile, but ... another possibility would be New Summit Academy, which rose out of the ashes of Coronado Academy. This one has CEDU linkage: Coronado was Saul Rudman's baby, Lori Armbruster was also involved. Other personnel that were present when Coronado went belly-up stayed on to man New Summit, among them Experiential Education Director Andy Myers, who was previously Assistant Director for the Costa Rica satellite of the Academy at Swift River.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 06:46:12 PM »
And I thought Pillars of Shit was the only remaining one in Costa Rica. Fuck, where do they keep coming from?

You're almost certainly right, Ursus; the "parent"'s post was for a year-long program, and New Shit Academy advertises itself as being for at least a year.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 08:05:50 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
You may know something I don't know, Pile, but ... another possibility would be New Summit Academy, which rose out of the ashes of Coronado Academy. This one has CEDU linkage: Coronado was Saul Rudman's baby, Lori Armbruster was also involved. Other personnel that were present when Coronado went belly-up stayed on to man New Summit, among them Experiential Education Director Andy Myers, who was previously Assistant Director for the Costa Rica satellite of the Academy at Swift River.

I remember the Costa Rica portion of the program.  This was the favorite part for the kids.  They spent about 5 weeks there and volunteered their time upgrading a playground.  The program donated equipment and the kids did the painting and planting.  I think it was called Rio Rapido and it was down on the Oso peninsula in Porto Jimenez’s.  This was an absolute paradise.  I met a guy from Italy who visited for vacation and just decided to live there.  He opened a pizza parlor and never left…  Ha,Ha, Ha,….. there was another couple who left their high powered jobs in the US, bought a ton of acreage (I mean 10s of thousands of acres) and they were growing stuff and making conservation land… working with the Costa Rica government to preserve the future of the land.  They had a generator for power and that was it.  It really was the good life.

When we got there the kids we all so excited and giggly.  They were staying with host families in which many didn’t have any running water and they didn’t speak English so they learned Spanish via immersion fairly quickly.  I got to meet the families and was invited in for dinner.  The communication was difficult but we managed quite well (with my daughter translating).  I think she enjoyed being in control…lol.

I am not sure why they discontinued this because this was a great way to finish prior to graduation.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 08:22:14 PM »
Warning: Above post is completely made-up bullshit by a desperate shell of a man.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 09:18:45 PM »
Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"
Warning: Above post is completely made-up bullshit by a desperate shell of a man.

I followed a group of kids as they went through Swift River’s 14-month program. I camped with them, sat in on group therapy sessions, listened to them play guitar, watched them in workshops about dating, sex and time management. Although I volunteered as an English teacher, everyone knew I was an author working on a book and not a faculty member. When the group spent the final five weeks doing community service in Costa Rica’s remote Osa Peninsula, I was there. For the first time in my career, I didn’t want scoops or exclusive information; I wanted to see things unfold gradually, just as Swift River’s counselors did........
Original Article

Whoops,  I think you stepped in it!!!  Ha,Ha,Ha  seems you bought into the whole fornits hype that “all programs are evil” Pile?  All I ask is to keep an open mind.  Don’t be brainwashed by the negativity here.  Most of the programs out there are helping the kids move forward.

I don’t think that you realized that a Pulitzer prize winning author spent 14 months living with a peer group at the academy at Swift river. And he subsequently wrote a book about it.  I don’t think you will ever see it on the reading list here on fornits though.... Hmmmm  Wonder why?

Hint, Hint….  There is a big world outside of fornits loaded with information that never sees its way inside of these walls.  I just gave you a small peek at the information available to you and it blew your mind!!  Lol.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 11:17:12 PM »
ROFL, and a link to the author of one of the most ridiculous fucking books on the subject.

You keep on bringing out the bullshit, we'll just keep on laughing.

ESPECIALLY when the kids die, Whooter. That's the part I love the most.

More! More crap about "you're all brainwashed" and "just keep an open mind"! C'mon, Whooter! It's still not enough yet- the kids are still dead. You haven't spouted nearly enough crap to make them come back to life, which is what happens if you just keep on making posts!

But you have to make new topics, not stuff you've tried before.

Enough of this fruitcake. There's a woman here about to make a dangerous, possibly fatal mistake.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 06:54:35 AM »
Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"
ROFL, and a link to the author of one of the most ridiculous fucking books on the subject.

Sorry I had to put you in your place,Pile.  You didn’t realize the link I posted was from a Harvard Journal?  Next time check the sources and READ IT and you may not embarrass yourself (or me embarrassing you again).  Now that we have forced you guys to post under your user names it makes it a little tougher to troll now doesn't it, Pile? lol  Back up what you say next time.

If you still think Academy at Swift River didn’t have a Costa Rica portion in their program then bring on the evidence, otherwise clean yourself up and try to realize you have been brainwashed by the propaganda here.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 07:09:17 AM »
According to our research they had the Costa Rica part in their program until 2007 or 2008. For reasons unknown it was discontinued.

Also Mount Bachelor Academy used to travel to Costa Rica until 2005 or 2006. For reasons unknown they suddenly settled for the eastern europe, which I personally find dangerous. As far as I am informed the 50 years of communist rule left the countries in ruins. Only Bulgaria seems to have found a way to found the rebuilt of their country by hosting binge drinking holidays for European Youth at the Sunny Beach area. However I don't think that it is a good idea at all for minors to leave their own country with their school. I found a Danish blog which tells something about the problems connected with sending high school students to the Eastern Europe.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 07:59:17 AM »
Quote from: "Oscar"
According to our research they had the Costa Rica part in their program until 2007 or 2008. For reasons unknown it was discontinued.

Also Mount Bachelor Academy used to travel to Costa Rica until 2005 or 2006. For reasons unknown they suddenly settled for the eastern europe, which I personally find dangerous. As far as I am informed the 50 years of communist rule left the countries in ruins. Only Bulgaria seems to have found a way to found the rebuilt of their country by hosting binge drinking holidays for European Youth at the Sunny Beach area. However I don't think that it is a good idea at all for minors to leave their own country with their school. I found a Danish blog which tells something about the problems connected with sending high school students to the Eastern Europe.

I believe there are a lot of legalities which were involved in taking the kids back and forth, in and out of the country.  This may have led them to make the decision to stop the Costa Rican portion of the program.  Its unfortunate because the kids really enjoyed it, looked forward to it and was a great way to finish up their time in the program.  I know a child who upon finishing college went back to Costa Rica to work with local people to preserve and educate others on the Rain Forest.

Easter Europe seems a bit far to go from the US and I am not sure what they could offer.  I would need to understand more about that part of the program before I would condone it, from a parents perspective.  Learning Russian via immersion would be very difficult in less than 2 months, especially since they have a different alphabet.  In Costa Rica the kids picked up the local language very quickly and the locals were friendly towards them.