Author Topic: H.R.911 Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs  (Read 1947 times)

Offline JustWrit

• View Profile
H.R.911 Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs
« on: April 09, 2010, 08:59:11 AM »
Please sign the petition so that the senate knows there is a great interest in this bill and takes an interest. Thank you

HR 911 "Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs for Teens Act of 2009" passed the House of Representatives over one year ago.  Today, it continues to sit in The Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pension Committee, waiting to be taken up.  
This bill, if passed would protect scores of our nation's kids from abusive and unregulated private or public residential "boot camps, boarding schools, behavioral modification programs, etc."

There are scores of adults that bear the scars of abuse at the hands of unregulated institutions that would today be regulated by this bill. Many have contacted me and are losing hope of ever seeing justice through legislative change to protect kids today. We failed these men and women once.  Let's not fail our kids today.
I urge you to sign this petition.  Force a hearing in the Senate HELP committee on HR 911.  Child abuse prevention is important to us, it should be of the utmost importance to those on our payroll in the US Congress.  

http://http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/demand-senate-take-up-hr-911-put-an-end-to-institutionalized-child-abuse
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
Re: H.R.911 Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 01:58:04 PM »
Quote from: "Electrolite"
Please sign the petition so that the senate knows there is a great interest in this bill and takes an interest. Thank you

HR 911 "Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs for Teens Act of 2009" passed the House of Representatives over one year ago.  Today, it continues to sit in The Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pension Committee, waiting to be taken up.  
This bill, if passed would protect scores of our nation's kids from abusive and unregulated private or public residential "boot camps, boarding schools, behavioral modification programs, etc."

There are scores of adults that bear the scars of abuse at the hands of unregulated institutions that would today be regulated by this bill. Many have contacted me and are losing hope of ever seeing justice through legislative change to protect kids today. We failed these men and women once.  Let's not fail our kids today.
I urge you to sign this petition.  Force a hearing in the Senate HELP committee on HR 911.  Child abuse prevention is important to us, it should be of the utmost importance to those on our payroll in the US Congress.  

http://http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/demand-senate-take-up-hr-911-put-an-end-to-institutionalized-child-abuse

Thank you for posting the link.  I just signed the petition & I strongly encourage everyone who posts at fornits to do the same.  It literally took only a minute of my time, so please everyone, get involved and sign the petition!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 02:36:27 PM »
Do online petitions really have any weight?  I've read (Snopes perhaps) that they're pretty useless but I"m not exactly "up" on these things.  Anyone have any knowledge?
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Eliscu2

• New World Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 09:25:23 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Do online petitions really have any weight?  I've read (Snopes perhaps) that they're pretty useless but I"m not exactly "up" on these things.  Anyone have any knowledge?

Oh ya, they work.
WELCOME TO HELL!

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 10:14:59 PM »
Thank you very much.....signed.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 07:44:52 AM »
Quote from: "Eliscu2"

Oh ya, they work.

As evidenced by?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 03:09:03 PM »
Quote from: "Eliscu2"

Oh ya, they work.

Good to know.  I honestly wasn't knocking it, just asking.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 08:14:12 PM »
Petitions are good, but a personal letter to your senators works much better!

When petitions tend to be dismissed is when they contain loaded political language and you are petitioning the other side; the other side tends to ignore it, they weren't listening to your side anyway.

Auntie Em
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Offline JustWrit

• View Profile
PLEASE H.R.911 Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 03:27:56 PM »
We need more signatures. ......more, more .....please

http://www.foreverendeavorshelter.com

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 06:56:35 PM »
You'll have to explain why I should support this legislation. Further, you'll need to explain how this electronic petition will work.

Can't be arsed otherwise.