Author Topic: Remembering Glenn Steepleton  (Read 1172 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Remembering Glenn Steepleton
« on: March 30, 2010, 11:13:14 PM »
I turned my neck to see a moppy-headed kid with black curly hair bein introduced to the group.  Not that big but tough lookin in a real respectable way.  If I recall correctly, he wore a preppy shirt that didn't suit him and had noticeable brown eyes.  It's so long ago now, I have trouble remembering, but seems he was some trouble at some point but eventually went along as ever'one 'cep' a few i know done.  He come in a little while after me.  didn't matter though on account 'a' my resistance so we ended up sharin a lot a time.  He took me with him down to the James river, that's down southern VA. with somebody else, I aint sure I remember right, but it was our 4th phase 3 day trip or whatever..."permission".  We drove down to his folks house in Woodbridge and got our gear together.  I think his Dad drove us in some ol suburban or somethin.  Dark blue truck.  We went south out inta the ol VA countryside and down inta the mountains.  We finally made it to Eagle Rock, where Glenn's grandparents lived.  His grandad was missin a part of his thumb.  Eagle Rock was a small town in a small valley surrounded by steep appalachian mountains.  That afternoon the humidity rose sharply, the air was wet, and that night a big ol thunderstorm rolled in. The next day we walked in the James river for miles.  Just got right in it and walked right down it with all our clothes on.  at one point we came across 3 hill-billies a-bathin in the river.  One of em was a naked woman.  we just looked and didn't say nothin. we walked under a big iron bridge that day on the James river.  We walked right down the middle of the waist deep and easy goin river.  Under bridges and around bends, huntin crayfish an such in the shallows...That was an adventure for us.  You're missed Glenn.

I never knew him when he was on staff.  I knew him for a little while when we were both "7-steppers", before he was on staff, though we were both dating female staff members.

I thought he was tough.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.