Author Topic: Sheriff recommends death be identified a homicide - Sagewalk  (Read 18480 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: Sheriff recommends death be identified a homicide - Sagewalk
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2010, 09:34:38 AM »
What a surprise.  Aspen Education kills kids regularly and the sheriff believes they're just "lucky" they haven't killed more.  What about the children and families for whom Aspen's luck has run out?  These Aspen facilities should be forcibly closed.  

There is no excuse whatsoever to send kids into harsh conditions with uneducated, untrained staff who subsequently murder them through abuse and neglect.  Many child deaths at Aspen show that by shutting down Aspen programs lives will be saved. There's absolutely no evidence whatsoever that any lives will be saved by sending kids to Aspen programs, but lots of dead kids suggest that NOT sending them could save their lives.

Aspen Education KILLS CHILDREN IN THEIR CUSTODY.  :poison:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2010, 10:00:21 AM »
Quote from: "Joel"
RMA experience:

My peer group and I were hiking in the Selkirk mountains.  I was hiking down a rock, fell and broke my ankle.  The surgery required 2 plates and 7 screws (if I remember correctly).  When I broke my ankle RMA staff tried to carry me back to campsite.  However, their attempt did not work.  Eventually I told them, "Tape my ankle and I'll crawl back to campsite."  It was not the best of times.  I had to crawl over some big trees lying on the ground.  When I crawled to the beginning of the trail, Zack Bonnie helped me walk back to campsite.  In between crawling and walking on a broken ankle for almost a mile, it was a painful experience.  When I arrived at my peer group's campsite, I told them I wanted to go down the hill even if it meant crawling three miles.  They carried me three miles down a hill, on a litter, the next morning to a main road.  They should have got me to the hospital ASAP, not the next morning.  Another example how staff don't use common sense during medical emergencies.

I think that common sense is partially build on an individuals' life experiences so it can vary from person to person.  It could be possible that the staff had never experienced a broken ankle before and therefore didn’t have any way of knowing that the ankle would get worse if left to rest overnight.  I think a bigger question is how do you screen for commonsense when hiring someone?  Will proper training override a lack of common sense?  

We have seen highly trained doctors who leave their patients on the operating table while they go out to use the ATM machine which goes against most peoples definition of common sense.  But the doctor didnt seem to see it as a problem.  So it seems commonsense is a relative term and is dependent on an individuals point of view.
I wouldnt be too hard on the staff who carried you down the mountain the next day.  They might have been doing what they thought was right.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2010, 10:32:03 AM »
Once again, he defends the indefensible.  How many deaths does Aspen have to cause for you to, JUST ONCE, lay the blame with them???  Fucking shill.

Their first thought is to call program staff, not 911.  Typically program.  Don't involve any 'outsiders' unless you are forced to.  Their intent is to make the hikes as hard as possible on the kids.  The thought process behind it being that it'll "build character".   Same deal with all the confrontation, humiliation etc.  

That C.S. Lewis quote truly applies:

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2010, 10:48:46 AM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
@Anne, Can you point out where I was defending the program? We are all looking for answers (including the authorities involved in the case) unlike yourself. Its curious that you continue to come here to fornits yet you appear to dislike open discussions.

Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Once again, he defends the indefensible. How many deaths does Aspen have to cause for you to, JUST ONCE, lay the blame with them??? Fucking shill.

So I will take that as you cant find a post of me defending the program.

Their first thought is to call program staff, not 911. Typically program. Don't involve any 'outsiders' unless you are forced to. Their intent is to make the hikes as hard as possible on the kids. The thought process behind it being that it'll "build character". Same deal with all the confrontation, humiliation etc.

So your thinking is the boys' death was caused by ineffective procedures which may have required the staff to notify their superiors prior to calling 911.  This would alleviate the responsibility off of the staff and place it on the program.  If the program required the staff to call them (prior to calling 911) and then they dragged their feet the program would be at fault (in my opinion) and would be a contributing factor in the boys death.
If, on the other hand, the staff was properly trained and made a conscious choice to call back to the program prior to calling 911 then this would place the blame on the individual staff member for not following procedures.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2010, 10:56:47 AM »
Mmmmm hmm.  Go on with your bad self.  ::)  ::)

How the fuck do you sleep at night?

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2010, 11:35:37 AM »
This is interesting. Compare this timetable, showing a hike of at least 3 hours:
Quote from: "Inculcated"
According to this  article the time of the march began at 11:45. Sergey was showing signs of heatstroke by 2pm. By 2:36 he had collapsed.
•   Blashchishen carried his camping gear, food, water and clothing in a pack that weighed between 40 and 50 pounds
•   About an hour later, one of the staff members noticed Blashchishen walking strangely. The group took a break and Blashchishen drank water and consumed electrolytes.
•   As the hike went on, the staff members said Blashchishen fell several times, but pulled himself up and kept walking. Just after 2 p.m., staff members called the school’s field supervisor to report that Blashchishen had vomited, but the hike continued.
•   Less than a half-hour later, about one mile from where the hike had begun, Blashchishen collapsed and lay on his back in the sun. The other students moved to the shade and began preparing lunch.
•   Blashchishen declined the offer of food and shortly after began flailing his arms and yelling in a foreign language, according to the affidavit. Staff members said the boy began to hyperventilate before his breathing slowed and then stopped altogether.
With this statement from Aspen Education Group this week, claiming a 2-hour hike:
Although we do not intend to publicly discuss the specifics of the incident during the ongoing investigation, we can provide assurances that the student was well cared for, appropriately fed, and provided multiple water and rest breaks during the two-hour hike.
Lie, twist and spin. These corporate adolescents need to be sent somewhere to deal with their defiance, lying and manipulation...a nice hike in the wilderness, methinks.

Auntie Em
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2010, 12:12:49 PM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 08:37:37 AM by Joel »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2010, 12:24:58 PM »
Quote from: "AuntieEm2"
Lie, twist and spin. These corporate adolescents need to be sent somewhere to deal with their defiance, lying and manipulation...a nice hike in the wilderness, methinks.

Auntie Em

It is probably designed to be a 2 hour hike, AuntieEm2.  Most of these wilderness programs take the same hike over and over again.  This particular hike may have been designated as a 2 hour hike.  It might have taken them a little longer because they took extra breaks because Sergey wasn’t feeling well.
Considering that the 2 hour hike took them and extra 50 minutes shows that the staff was concerned for Sergey and slowed down and took longer breaks, Maybe?  There are many ways to interpret this.  When you jump to conclusions like that AuntieEm2, you tend to show a prejudice side to your nature.

Consider this.  It is a 4 hour drive from my house to NYC.  I know because I have done it several times and if you ask anyone in my area (who has made the trip) they will tell you the same.   If someone else were to take the same trip and stopped several times because someone in the car wasn’t feeling well or they drove slower doesn’t mean that anyone is lying to them.  It is still considered a 4 hour drive even though it may take longer on occasions.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2010, 12:25:45 PM »
I was expecting you to read between the lines but that was probably a bad move on my part.[/i]

Oh, I'm sure he 'got it'.  It's just more of his attempts to spin, deflect and distract from the fact that this happening more and more often.  Especially when it comes to Aspen Ed it seems.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2010, 12:28:52 PM »
How concerned for Sergey were the staff while they stood there watching him die painfully and calling the office instead of 911?  

Aspen Education KILLS CHILDREN.   :poison:  :suicide:
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2010, 12:34:17 PM »
I was expecting you to read between the lines but that was probably a bad move on my part.[/i]

Oh, I'm sure he 'got it'.  It's just more of his attempts to spin, deflect and distract from the fact that this happening more and more often.  Especially when it comes to Aspen Ed it seems.

Why dont you try to explain it then, Anne lol.  I am sure you dont understand it.  Give it a shot for once.  You have been commenting on an article that you obviously never even read (again).  I have ignored that fact and the others readers here are (again) being kind to you by not pointing that out and embarrassing you.

Go ahead and try to explain it and prove me wrong.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2010, 12:52:23 PM »
Yeah, Anne.  Let's talk about ANYTHING but the documented, proven fact that Aspen Education and its employees abuse, neglect, maim, rape and kill kids.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2010, 12:54:58 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"

Why dont you try to explain it then, Anne lol.  I am sure you dont understand it.  Give it a shot for once.  You have been commenting on an article that you obviously never even read (again).  I have ignored that fact and the others readers here are (again) being kind to you by not pointing that out and embarrassing you.

^^^More examples of why people consider you to be a pompous ass.

Go ahead and try to explain it and prove me wrong.

There's nothing to prove.  He was saying that the "counselors" more often assume that the kid is 'misbehaving' or faking, instead of checking to make sure they're properly taken care of.  You understood that's what he meant, but again tried to confuse the situation and thus, the reader.  Deflection and spin.  It's what you do man!  Own it!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2010, 12:56:18 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Yeah, Anne.  Let's talk about ANYTHING but the documented, proven fact that Aspen Education and its employees abuse, neglect, maim, rape and kill kids.

Yep.  

Seriously, how many kids does that make that Aspen has killed now?  And how many of those were either restraints or they were just hiked to death?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2010, 01:08:12 PM »

There's nothing to prove.  He was saying that the "counselors" more often assume that the kid is 'misbehaving' or faking, instead of checking to make sure they're properly taken care of.  You understood that's what he meant, but again tried to confuse the situation and thus, the reader.  Deflection and spin.  It's what you do man!  Own it!

wrong again, here it is:

Joel stated:
Behavior issues (Incorrect terminology Whooter used wrong place/wrong time) often result from dehydration, lack of food, lack of sleep, improper restraints, forced tripping (hiking, canoeing etc), inadequate clothing, staff believing he/she is "faking it" and lack of common sense from staff.

The article nor myself ever mentioned improper restraints,forced tripping, inadequate clothing etc. results in behavior issues.  So any incorrect terminology was coming from Joel.  If you had read the article you would have known this.

Lets try to keep the discussion on the topic at hand and dispense with the personal attacks.  Take a few minutes to read the article and jump in.