Author Topic: Sheriff recommends death be identified a homicide - Sagewalk  (Read 18483 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Sheriff recommends death be identified a homicide - Sagewalk
« Reply #255 on: April 10, 2010, 11:15:58 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Now Ursus I did not get that from what he is saying, your just antagonizing for some reason I don't fully understand yet. I don't think I need to...LOL.
No, Danny, I was not "just antagonizing for some reason." I really was ... paraphrasing in an attempt to clarify and/or understand. Just like I said.

Despite my invitation, Whooter has not deigned to refute my portrayal. Yet. Ah, but the night is still young!   ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 12, 2010, 12:35:56 PM »

Ya know during WWII prisoners had rights but they were subjective to the prison guards how they were or not enforced. I would say on the Batan Death March where thousands died from starvation, beating, ect....there rights were abused. Ya know Uncle Sam made most of them go to the Philippines, they (soldiers) had no choice, even though they had rights.
What's my point.....Parents take the rights away from children everyday. They send their kids to these places knowing they will be subjected to a "Tuff Love" program, well right off the bat you know their rights will be violated.
Yes all children have the undying right to be treated like a human being and they are not. That is why children have rights that can be abused or taken away at any given time by their parents.  
Danny

Yes, people (including kids) have their rights violated.  That was my point.  That kids do indeed have rights.  Whooter said they didn't.  He was/is wrong.

And I'm still waiting for a response to this....

Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
That is the best piece of advice your ever going to get, use it towards your advantage.

Danny

Excuse me?  What?
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 12, 2010, 12:43:27 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Ursus"
Citations, please? You seem to think that what qualifies for a "wilderness program" is same thing 'cross the board, whether you're talking about SageWalk or a boy scout or girl scout camp.

Here is one partially funded by US

http://http://www.cnr.uidaho.edu/wrc/Publications/wrcreport9900.pdf

Why not mention the other funding sources?

from the report....

FUNDING SOURCES
Bitterroot National Forest (To operate Wilderness Discovery, 1994, 1995)
Colville National Forest (To operate Wilderness Discovery, 1993, 1994, 1995)
Mt. Hood National Forest (To operate Wilderness Discovery, 1994, 1995)
US Department of Labor – Atlanta Job Corps Center (To operate Wilderness Discovery, 1995)
McIntyre-Stennis Program of Forestry Research at US Land Grant Universities, 1994-1999
(support for graduate student research assistants)
US Dept. of Agriculture – Forest Service – Div. of Human Resources/Job Corps, 1994-1996 (to
evaluate Wilderness Discovery)
Aldo Leopold Wilderness Research Institute, 1995-1997
Outdoor Behavioral Healthcare Industry Council (OBHIC) – Participating Members, 1998;
to collect and analyze field data, 1998-1999; and establish and Outdoor Behavioral Healthcare
Research cooperative (OBHRC) at UI, 1999-2001
Cooley Associates and Catherine Freer Wilderness Therapy, Albany, OR
School of Urban and Wilderness Survival (SUWS), Shoshone, ID
Anasazi Wilderness Therapy, Mesa, AZ
Aspen Achievement Academy, Loa, UT
Redcliff Ascent, Springville, UT
Ascent (CEDU Family Services), Naples, ID
University of Idaho Wilderness Research Center, 1994-2000 (research direction and operational
support)
WILD Foundation, 1994-1999 (technic al and in kind support, travel)
Wilderness Transitions Inc., 1995-1998 (in-kind support, research and data collection expenses)

Here is an independent study overseen by the Western Institute Review board.
http://www.aspenranch.com/outcomes.html

Any link to the actual "study"?...What I'm seeing is Aspen's webpage talking about a study. A study about wilderness programs paid for by a wilderness program.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa