Author Topic: ELAN SCHOOL ME Harry Kranick  (Read 4568 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ELAN SCHOOL ME Harry Kranick
« on: March 21, 2010, 05:11:07 PM »
"Skakel Roommate Recalls Life in Rehab Center;
Harry Kranick Expects to Summoned by
Grand Jury for Third Time"
By J.A. Johnson Jr., Greenwich Time"

Harry Kranick apparently has things to say that are of great interest to the grand jury investigating the 1975 murder of Greenwich teenager Martha Moxley.

Now a 38-year-old Illinois cosmetics accessories manufacturer, Kranick says he spent about a year as murder suspect Michael Skakel's roommate at a substance abuse rehabilitation center in Maine where, prosecutors allege, Skakel made incriminating statements about the murder of his then-15-year-old neighbor.

Kranick, who has appeared twice before the grand jury since it was convened in June, has been warned by prosecutors not to publicly discuss his testimony. In an interview with Greenwich Time last week, Kranick would not divulge what he has told the grand jury, but he did discuss how he had been in a unique position to hear things that could be of interest in the Moxley investigation. That is probably why, Kranick said, he was notified by prosecutors that he will be called on to testify for a third time. "I was pretty close to Michael, and we followed our relationship for years after we got out of the (recovery) program," Kranick said.

Skakel's lawyer, Michael Sherman, said yesterday it would be inappropriate for his client to respond to Kranick's remarks, "even if it is through me. Michael's response will come at an appropriate time." Sherman, who was vacationing yesterday in Aspen, Colo., said he had several problems with Kranick's comments. "To my knowledge, Michael never bared his soul to this young man. Most obviously, if he has been a witness twice before the grand jury and expects there to be a third time, one has to question the propriety of him allowing himself to be interviewed. Grand jury witnesses have no business being interviewed by the press. I think it casts a bit of a cloud over his motives here." About Kranick's claimed relationship with his client, the attorney said, "To my knowledge they were both patients at Elan at the same time, and I am not going beyond that."

Prosecutors said they could neither confirm or deny that Kranick had appeared before the grand jury, which operates in secrecy, or that he will be asked to testify in the future. But those same prosecutors already have called on Kranick as a witness in open court, soliciting testimony concerning his stay with Skakel at Elan School in Poland Spring, Maine. Prior to Kranick's court appearance, prosecutors stated in court documents that they had been informed by several former Elan School residents that Skakel made "admissions as to the murder of Martha Moxley" during his stay at the rehab center from 1978 to 1980. According to police, Michael Skakel and his brother, Thomas, then 15 and 17 years old, respectively, were both with Moxley prior to her murder the evening of Oct. 30, 1975. Police said the murder weapon was a 6-iron from a set of golf clubs owned by the brothers' late mother, Ann Skakel. The Skakel brothers remain the only identified suspects in the murder, and lawyers for both have maintained their clients are innocent.

What brought Kranick into an open courtroom was the refusal in September by Elan School owner Joseph Ricci to answer grand jury questions about Skakel's alleged admissions regarding the murder on the grounds that anything said by his facility's residents was confidential and protected by doctor-patient privilege. A public hearing on Ricci's claim was conducted when State's Attorney Jonathan Benedict, who is assisting the grand jury, made an application to the court to have Ricci's testimony compelled by a judge.

During a subsequent hearing lasting seven days, Kranick and several other former Elan School residents and staff members were called by Benedict to prove no privilege existed because therapy at the rehab center was overseen by recovered substance abusers and not provided under the direct supervision of a psychiatrist or other licensed physician.

One such witness, former resident Chuck Seigan, testified Nov. 4 that he was present at a 1978 "general meeting" of Elan School residents that had been convened by Ricci to chastise Skakel for having escaped from the facility and that a murder was discussed during that meeting. Kranick testified the following day that he also had been at that meeting, but prosecutors did not question him about the meeting's content as it is widely assumed they have in the sealed grand jury room.

Superior Court Judge Edward Stodolink ruled Dec. 10 that the Elan School testimony was not privileged and could be considered as evidence by the grand jury. He also ordered Ricci to answer the grand jury's questions. Attorneys representing Skakel, the rehab center and its owner have appealed the judge's rulings.

Owner of Highland Park, Ill.-based Great Lakes Bag and Vinyl since 1989, Kranick said after entering Elan School for emotional and drug abuse problems, he became friends with Skakel while sharing a double bunk bed in a private room with him for about a year. Kranick, son of a Burlington Industries vice president, said he and Skakel hit it off upon learning they shared a lot in common.

Skakel's grandfather, George Skakel, founded Great Lakes Carbon Corp. in 1919 with Rushton Fordyce and Walter Gramm. Kranick said a good friend of his while growing up in Winnetka, Ill., was Walter Gramm's grandson, Chris Gramm. "Our upbringing was very similar," Kranick said. "Winnetka is like a safe haven, very similar to Belle Haven," the exclusive Greenwich neighborhood where Skakel grew up.

Kranick said he and Skakel also had experienced the loss of a parent prior to entering the Maine rehab center. "I suffered an emotional breakdown after my father died of cancer," Kranick said, which led to heavy drug use and subsequent admissions to treatment programs, including Elan School. "A big issue with Mike was his mom dying, and it was a recurring theme in many of the meetings and groups at Elan. There were a number of times he broke down."

Skakel was 13 when his mother died of cancer in 1973. According to police reports and court documents, Skakel was admitted to Elan School for emotional and alcohol abuse problems after a drunken driving incident in Windham, N.Y., in which he tried running down a police officer before crashing his car. Kranick's 18-month stint at Elan School lasted from 1977 to 1979, and he said after Skakel's arrival in March 1978, their friendship was cemented by their similar experiences. "It was a difficult time for both of us, but more so for Michael," Kranick said. "I knew how to work the program, and he didn't. I think he looked at it more as a joke."

Elan School's therapy relied heavily on peer pressure techniques, and it offered residents a variety of different group meetings, according to court testimony. It also conducted encounter sessions with family members to help them better understand residents' problems. Kranick said Skakel asked him to sit in on one such encounter, which included Ricci; Skakel's father, Rushton Skakel Sr.; and attorney Thomas Sheridan. "At Elan, I probably sat in on more groups with Michael than anyone because we were close," Kranick said. "In this particular meeting, his dad didn't say very much, was very stone-faced, sitting next to the attorney, across from me and Michael."

In addition to Ricci, Skakel Sr. and Sheridan have been summoned by the grand jury. And like Ricci, all are fighting their subpoenas. Prosecutors allege in court documents that not only did Ricci confront Skakel with his admissions to the Moxley murder, he did so during a meeting attended by Rushton Skakel Sr. Kranick said he was unable to discuss whether he had been at that meeting. Soon after Skakel left Elan School in 1980, Kranick said, Skakel contacted Kranick to tell him of his plans to write a book exposing abusive treatment he claimed took place at the rehab center, where residents who broke the rules were paddled, thrown into a boxing ring and subjected to other forms of demeaning punishment. "That's one of the reasons Michael contacted me after Elan, saying he wanted to expose the brutality of the program," Kranick said.

During the hearing on the privilege claim, Harry Overend, Elan School's residential director from 1976 to 1980, said paddling was used as a means of applying peer pressure to rein in unacceptable behavior and that parental permission was required before residents could don boxing gloves. "It was done to set an example of (forbidden) behavior and to curb aggression by the residents," Overend testified on Dec. 1.

Skakel and Kranick's friendship continued for several years after leaving Elan School, and Kranick said they got together whenever he went to New York. "Mike, above and beyond what might be going on, was a great guy," Kranick said. "When we'd meet up with friends in Manhattan, we would often go to the University Club and he'd pay for everything. He was a fun guy to be around."

The friendship ended in 1986, Kranick said, because of a falling out over a personal matter. "We went our own ways after that," he said.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 05:44:46 PM by Anonymous »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: ELAN SCHOOL ME Harry Kranick
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 05:16:02 PM »
Link, please. Date of publication would also be nice.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 05:29:55 PM »
Quote from: "Eliscu2"
http://http://www.marthamoxley.com/news/123198gt.htm
Skakel Roommate Recalls Life in Rehab Center; Harry Kranick Expects to Summoned by Grand Jury for Third Time
By J.A. Johnson Jr., Greenwich Time
December 31, 1998

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 08:35:12 PM »
True story.........
 I sat with Harry Kranick, John Higgins in Bridgeport Ct. Court House, we were all court ordered to be there. I came in from Memphis Tn., John Higgins came in from Chicago along with Harry. I believe this was between 1998-2000 I can't remember and my paperwork on this is not with me right now. I had a sheriff of Shelby County Memphis,Tn. come to my house to issue me a summons to appear.
Now what precipitated this is very interesting. About 2 weeks prior I received a phone call from a man that called himself Steven Weeks he was interested in my relationship with Mike Skakle, at first I was taken back by this intrusion into a personal life but after a few minutes I felt comfortable to answer a few questions. Steven was particularly interested in my interview I had with Michael. At that point I got nervous and asked him how he knew I interviewed Michael. He told me he had spoken with a few residents at Elan and with my brother. My first reaction is I felt betrayed then I shifted into a more neutral feeling like, "what the hell'. Steven explained again that he was doing a investigative work for a book that someone was going to be putting together. This someone turned out to be Mark Furman. I stopped everything thing at this point of the conversation, which at that time had been going on for about 20 mins. I asked was Mark present he said he was and asked if I wanted to talk with him. I immediately became uncomfortable again and mumbled something I don't remember and Steve went ahead and put Mark Furman on the phone. He was cordial and after small talk I asked him what he wanted. He then explained the book and hoprfully Marthy Moxley mom would get justice.
I got very focused and serious at this point and told him that I had no idea who killed Martha, that Michael never confessed to me and the only thing I could contribute was my opinion to his reactions to questions I asked 20 years earlier.
I had asked Steven and Mark if my conversation was being taped or copied in any way and was assured if I did not want this they would not. Well I was very naive because when ended up in front the Grand Jury the prosecutor was reading from pages of paper exactly what I had said some 3-4 weeks earlier. I asked for the papers to see if they were verbatim what I had said and they were, I then stuck them in my suit pocket, proclaiming they were mine and I had asked for me and what I had said not to be copied in any way. The judge never argued with what I did.
Shortly later that day I was put on a plane back to Memphis.
I was offered money from various News Companies for my story which was nothing and always said as much, yet there reply was always the same. Let us determine that, Daniel. We will value what you say.
I kept thinking about Mrs. Moxely, we met her at the court house briefly, how she would feel if she found I had either lied or embellished the truth to help the prosecution. Just couldn't do it even though I felt Michael and his family knew exactly what happened. You did not here a lot of carrying on after he was convicted, yes a little at first then it died away. The Skakles (Rushton) knows his son or sons committed this heinous act and had enough money to circumvent the investigation almost to a halt. The investigation never really stopped for Detective Frank Garr. Twenty years later he finally had his hard work pay off.
Why do I say this, because when I interviewed Michael it was right after he had landed in Portland the first time before he was accepted at Elan. Joe still did not know if he wanted this guy, so they sent me in there to ask him questions concerning this murder. This guy gave me the creeps the way he was acting it was a big joke to him, she deserved it whoever did it because she was a big flirt. He alluded that maybe his brother knew something or sister. We kept going round and round like this for at least 2 hours. He grew up literally right next store to her and was acting like it was no big deal. Now I took in that he had already been asked by folks much more professionally serious then I, with a great deal more experience so he thought I'm sure I was a joke to be fucked with. But folks I sat in that room with him and he was seriosly acting weird, about a girl he knew well. Who was killed so viciously.
Well like I said he is sitting there not just because of Elan but for more evidence then that.
Danny
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 07:54:59 PM »
Re: Dan Bosdorf

Postby Eliscu2 » Today, 12:50
Eliscu2 wrote:

Eliscu2 wrote:I wonder what ever happened to Dan Bosdorf?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30108#p359595

True story.........
I sat with Harry Kranick, John Higgins in Bridgeport Ct. Court House, we were all court ordered to be there. I came in from Memphis Tn., John Higgins came in from Chicago along with Harry. I believe this was between 1998-2000 I can't remember and my paperwork on this is not with me right now. I had a sheriff of Shelby County Memphis,Tn. come to my house to issue me a summons to appear.
Now what precipitated this is very interesting. About 2 weeks prior I received a phone call from a man that called himself Steven Weeks he was interested in my relationship with Mike Skakle, at first I was taken back by this intrusion into a personal life but after a few minutes I felt comfortable to answer a few questions. Steven was particularly interested in my interview I had with Michael. At that point I got nervous and asked him how he knew I interviewed Michael. He told me he had spoken with a few residents at Elan and with my brother. My first reaction is I felt betrayed then I shifted into a more neutral feeling like, "what the hell'. Steven explained again that he was doing a investigative work for a book that someone was going to be putting together. This someone turned out to be Mark Furman. I stopped everything thing at this point of the conversation, which at that time had been going on for about 20 mins. I asked was Mark present he said he was and asked if I wanted to talk with him. I immediately became uncomfortable again and mumbled something I don't remember and Steve went ahead and put Mark Furman on the phone. He was cordial and after small talk I asked him what he wanted. He then explained the book and hoprfully Marthy Moxley mom would get justice.
I got very focused and serious at this point and told him that I had no idea who killed Martha, that Michael never confessed to me and the only thing I could contribute was my opinion to his reactions to questions I asked 20 years earlier.
I had asked Steven and Mark if my conversation was being taped or copied in any way and was assured if I did not want this they would not. Well I was very naive because when ended up in front the Grand Jury the prosecutor was reading from pages of paper exactly what I had said some 3-4 weeks earlier. I asked for the papers to see if they were verbatim what I had said and they were, I then stuck them in my suit pocket, proclaiming they were mine and I had asked for me and what I had said not to be copied in any way. The judge never argued with what I did.
I was offered money from various News Companies for my story which was nothing and always said as much, yet there reply was always the same. Let us determine that, Daniel. We will value what you say.
I kept thinking about Mrs. Moxely, we met her at the court house briefly, how she would feel if she found I had either lied or embellished the truth to help the prosecution. Just couldn't do it even though I felt Michael and his family knew exactly what happened. You did not here a lot of carrying on after he was convicted, yes a little at first then it died away. The Skakles (Rushton) knows his son or sons committed this heinous act and had enough money to circumvent the investigation almost to a halt. The investigation never really stopped for Detective Frank Garr. Twenty years later he finally had his hard work pay off.
Why do I say this, because when I interviewed Michael it was right after he had landed in Portland the first time before he was accepted at Elan. Joe still did not know if he wanted this guy, so they sent me in there to ask him questions concerning this murder. This guy gave me the creeps the way he was acting it was a big joke to him, she deserved it whoever did it because she was a big flirt. He alluded that maybe his brother knew something or sister. We kept going round and round like this for at least 2 hours. He grew up literally right next store to her and was acting like it was no big deal. Now I took in that he had already been asked by folks much more professionally serious then I, with a great deal more experience so he thought I'm sure I was a joke to be fucked with. But folks I sat in that room with him and he was seriosly acting weird, about a girl he knew well. Who was killed so viciously.
Well like I said he is sitting there not just because of Elan but for more evidence then that.
Danny

The REAL HARRY was there with Dan Bosdorf NOT Danny Bennison.
FACT

:shamrock:  :shamrock:
This response below came off of what Felice posted above.

Postby DannyB II » 5 minutes ago

:shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock:
If for the fact that you were not in Elan then I would not even comment on this. Anytime you want to shut your mouth this maybe one of those times.
I sat in Bridgeport CT, 8/05/98 with John Higgins and Harry Kranick and one other person I don't remember. Your buddy Art emailed me all day today and this is what I told him that if you have a problem believing me have Harry Kranick call me @ 404-936-6141. Then I will change my statement, I could be wrong though I doubt it.
I have no idea when Bosdorf was there or not.
I was back there again in 2000 by myself as a corroborator for the prosecutor to say Joe Ricci did tell me to interview Mike. I think Joe, Marty and Sharon were there though I never was able to see them because of the nature of why I was there. I was disputing what Joe was saying happened during the interview.
So little Miss Idiot, who thinks she knows everything please shut your mouth for once until you fully know what your talking about.
Last thing so what if it comes out Harry and I did not meet in Bridgeport I still know the guy whether he remembers me or not. I was at Elan when he was there and I remember Him.
My point to this whole thread was to share my experience. Not turn this in to your little side show with your friend Art. In the big picture who really gives a rats ass Felice, you moron.

Offline harrythehat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 05:57:05 PM »
Elise you know nothing. In fact you weren't even in the house nor did you know Michael. I think you really need to get your facts straight and go back to your black magic.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 08:55:13 PM »
Quote from: "harrythehat"
Elise you know nothing. In fact you weren't even in the house nor did you know Michael. I think you really need to get your facts straight and go back to your black magic.

Felise does this help you to get honest about your time at Elan. I've got more people who knew you if it helps you to remember. Maryjane remembers you well.
Matt needed a lesson to talk honestly. It helps to process the crap you went through more effectively.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 09:24:43 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Felise does this help you to get honest about your time at Elan. I've got more people who knew you if it helps you to remember. Maryjane remembers you well.
Matt needed a lesson to talk honestly. It helps to process the crap you went through more effectively.
I don't believe Felice contributed anything of substance to this thread (yet), unless you count her asking "I wonder what ever happened to Dan Bosdorf?"

Offline Eliscu2

• New World Order
    • View Profile
Daniel Lee Bennison
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 11:00:30 PM »
:beat:
http://http://www.fornits.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30611&p=365349&hilit=Cartoon+Croch#p365333
I have been bust Mr. I have 12 Million and play on Fornits........ :clown:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:45:53 AM by Eliscu2 »
WELCOME TO HELL!

Offline Eliscu2

• New World Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 11:05:25 PM »

Postby Eliscu2 » Today, 12:50
Eliscu2 wrote:

Eliscu2 wrote:I wonder what ever happened to Dan Bosdorf?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30108#p359595

True story.........
Danny

The REAL HARRY was there with Dan Bosdorf NOT Danny Bennison.
FACT

This response below came off of what Felice posted above.

Postby DannyB II » 5 minutes ago

:shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock:
If for the fact that you were not in Elan then I would not even comment on this. Anytime you want to shut your mouth this maybe one of those times.
I sat in Bridgeport CT, 8/05/98 with John Higgins and Harry Kranick and one other person I don't remember. Your buddy Art emailed me all day today and this is what I told him that if you have a problem believing me have Harry Kranick call me @ 404-936-6141. Then I will change my statement, I could be wrong though I doubt it.
I have no idea when Bosdorf was there or not.
I was back there again in 2000 by myself as a corroborator for the prosecutor to say Joe Ricci did tell me to interview Mike. I think Joe, Marty and Sharon were there though I never was able to see them because of the nature of why I was there. I was disputing what Joe was saying happened during the interview.
So little Miss Idiot, who thinks she knows everything please shut your mouth for once until you fully know what your talking about.
Last thing so what if it comes out Harry and I did not meet in Bridgeport I still know the guy whether he remembers me or not. I was at Elan when he was there and I remember Him.
My point to this whole thread was to share my experience. Not turn this in to your little side show with your friend Art. In the big picture who really gives a rats ass Felice, you moron.
:jawdrop:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 01:09:35 AM by Eliscu2 »
WELCOME TO HELL!

Offline Dr. Acula

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 11:12:06 PM »
:flip:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 08:40:47 AM by Dr. Acula »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 12:26:37 AM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
I don't believe Felice contributed anything of substance to this thread (yet), unless you count her asking "I wonder what ever happened to Dan Bosdorf?"

Jeesh you are so smart, I think you are fooling me again...... :roflmao:

Offline Dr. Acula

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 08:18:20 AM »
Quote from: "Ursus"

Jeesh you are so smart, I think you are fooling me again...... :roflmao:

No fool here Danny.
Maura Curley is a whore and a opportunistic cunt who really only cares about herself and her alcoholic husband. :shamrock:
How many kids did she leave behind to suffer? :clown: