Author Topic: Provo Canyon is going after HEAL  (Read 3005 times)

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 05:04:42 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:01:54 AM by Joel »

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
Re: Provo Canyon is going after HEAL
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 05:35:06 PM »
Oscar, unless there's some kind of gag order going on, this is a matter of public record. Someone should post the complaint in its entirety.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 09:19:52 AM »
There has to be some sort of public notice posted in a local paper if I'm not mistaken... might be something else I'm thinking of though.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 08:42:32 PM »
As much as I'm not a fan of Angela as a person, I wish Heal the best of luck in this lawsuit.  If one website is shut down it sets a bad precedent.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 08:51:21 PM »
I'd probably willing to agree with you if Angela took down that bullshit PDF about me. However, she hasn't and probably won't so personally I don't give two pounds of puppy shit if she gets sued into oblivion.

Fuck her.. Good riddance to bad rubbish. She's stirred up more shit amongst advocates with her idealogical jihads than anyone around. That's her schtick... and she's got the gall to accuse others of being provocateurs.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 08:58:22 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
I'd probably willing to agree with you if Angela took down that bullshit PDF about me. However, she hasn't and probably won't so personally I don't give two pounds of puppy shit if she gets sued into oblivion.

Fuck her.. Good riddance to bad rubbish. She's stirred up more shit amongst advocates with her idealogical jihads than anyone around. That's her schtick... and she's got the gall to accuse others of being provocateurs.

:shamrock:
Now Che you weren't saying that just recently. I have read and been explained what she did to you, just bad shit. BUT...THis can not happen at all and you know it. I was kind of counting on you and a few others to steer the way to shows us how to help.
Actually we (associations I'm with) have done some monetary giving but we could use more, folks are starting to ramp up in that department.
 :shamrock:

Danny
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 09:12:20 PM »

Well if we lived in a vacuum and her destruction didn't affect anybody else, I'd probably agree with you, but if she gets shut down it tells everybody else to watch out and creates a chilling effect.  Other people start to become afraid of speaking out about their abuse...

Yeah, she's a bitch, no doubt, and in regards to you and your brother, got her facts wrong.  I still don't want to see others hurt as a result.

What I fear is her personality and penchant towards the dramatic will torpedo her case.  As much as Angela might want to have her "day in court", she's not the plaintiff (as I wasn't in the Benchmark case), and most of what she might want to present or think is relevant will not be admissible (unless it goes to her state of mind at the time she wrote the website).  Trying to do so will hurt her case and piss the Judge off.  If the plaintiff doesn't bring the topic up, or accuse a statement to be libelous, she won't be able to bring it up either.  They get to pick the battleground.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 09:15:54 PM »
Yep, which is why I'm laughing my ass off at little Ms. Lawyer girl.
 :twofinger:

I hope her and her shit smear of a website burns in legal hell. There are far better and far more reputable organizations than her fruitcake collective.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 09:36:44 PM »
A message relayed from Angela Smith:

"HEAL is currently being sued by Provo Canyon School.  If you are a Provo Canyon School survivor or victim, please contact HEAL at [email protected].  This may be the best opportunity for all of us to have our day in court.  Thanks in advance for your help."

I believe Psy is right about this.  This isn’t going to be HEAL’s day in court.  Its going to be Provo’s canyon’s day in court.  If Angela wants a day in court she will have to book an appointment herself for a different day.  She wont be able to stand on a soap box and spread anti program crap or read testimonials from survivors.  She will only be allowed to defend herself against the specific allegations brought up by Provo.

The lesson learned here is you have to be honest.  You cant just run around, angry, telling people that a program abused you if it didnt.  If they crossed the line or had terrible staff then let it be known.  If you are pissed off the let it out.  But dont make up stories about places just to try to hurt their business.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 09:41:13 PM »
There are far better and far more reputable organizations than her fruitcake collective.

Right, but ISACcorp is offline at the moment, leaving only Cafety, which is too politically to the left for my tastes.  At least ISACcorp didn't take a political stance at all.  It just presented information.  That site really needs to come back online.  I'm going to call around and see what's going on with it.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2010, 09:47:10 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
The lesson learned here is you have to be honest.  You cant just run around, angry, telling people that a program abused you if it didnt.  If they crossed the line or had terrible staff then let it be known.  If you are pissed off the let it out.  But dont make up stories about places just to try to hurt their business.

Whooter.  That's not the lesson here.  Just because Angela may have distorted the facts about Aaron does not mean she did that with Provo Canyon.  I think she probably will win.  Please wait for due process before passing judgment, and even then read all the court documents from both sides.

Personally, it makes me very sad that she lied about Aaron, Joel, and even myself, because it allows people like you to say what you just did and place doubts in people's minds.  It's irrational to judge guilt by association but it's also human nature. Unfortunately Angela's actions reflected badly on Heal as a whole and cast doubt on her entire operation in the public eye.  It's unfair to the mountains of people who have submitted sworn statements to Heal to be attached to that.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2010, 10:07:35 PM »
However, that is the bed she made, now she can lay in it.  Karma is a bitch ain't it?
 :twofinger:

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 10:28:26 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
Whooter.  That's not the lesson here.  Just because Angela may have distorted the facts about Aaron does not mean she did that with Provo Canyon.  I think she probably will win.  Please wait for due process before passing judgment, and even then read all the court documents from both sides.

Personally, it makes me very sad that she lied about Aaron, Joel, and even myself, because it allows people like you to say what you just did and place doubts in people's minds.  It's irrational to judge guilt by association but it's also human nature. Unfortunately Angela's actions reflected badly on Heal as a whole and cast doubt on her entire operation in the public eye.  It's unfair to the mountains of people who have submitted sworn statements to Heal to be attached to that.

I understand all of that and I thought it was weird that she came out like she did with the whole Aaron, Joel thing and then went after you.  I dont know the history and dynamics with the 4 of you.  Only starting with that recent outburst in Oct of '09 did I begin to read up.

I think HEAL was destined for trouble because they tried to play the double standard and therefore exposed themselves as disingenuous and corrupt.  I feel bad for those who wrote to them with their stories hoping for HEAL to support them and stand behind them.
HEAL appeared to have no intentions in helping anyone besides themselves.  They openly attack programs for not wanting to be licensed and/or avoiding regulation when they admit themselves that they stepped back from registering as a legitimate charitable organization because they didn’t like the rules and paperwork.  Then when pressed on the issue they said they were not required to have a business license.
Link

Why wouldn't a legitimate organization not practice what they preach?  How have they reacted when programs state that they are not required to be licensed?
I wouldn’t take a website like that seriously either and I would attempt to sue them myself if they solicited people to act against me (write stories) for the purpose of hurting my business.  Provo is just dragging HEAL out into the open, shinning a very bright light on them and holding their feet to the fire and making them toss their evidence on the table so everyone including the judge can take a look at it.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2010, 11:37:42 PM »
As far as the evidence against Provo Canyon, I'm laughing even more, particularly given Angela's statements about having evidence that Provo was involved with the CIA for mind control experiments. I think that it was Provo, not entirely sure, my memory on the 1 meeting that she and I had in Seattle is spotty in places. I got absurdly drunk and spent the night in a strip club right after the meeting soooo... It could be some other outfit.

Joel

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2010, 02:11:42 AM »