Author Topic: DEMOCRACY IN ACTION  (Read 3414 times)

Offline SEKTO

• View Profile
DEMOCRACY IN ACTION
« on: March 18, 2010, 04:19:22 PM »
At this time, I am calling for a vote.  I say that Bennison deserves to be placed under some kind of restriction or else banned altogether from these forums.  How much rope are we supposed to give the guy?  My appeal is to do something before any more trouble gets stirred up.  He's out to confound conversation, and is working against all parties, simply for his own amusement.  HE'S A TROLL AND CONTRIBUTES NOTHING AT ALL EXCEPT ANNOYANCE AND FRUSTRATION.

So I say we ban him and get it over with already.  If you are in agreement, fellow fornits, then please indicate so with an "Aye."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Re: DEMOCRACY IN ACTION
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 04:24:56 PM »
Quote from: "SEKTO"
At this time, I am calling for a vote.  I say that Bennison deserves to be placed under some kind of restriction or else banned altogether from these forums.  How much rope are we supposed to give the guy?  My appeal is to do something before any more trouble gets stirred up.  He's out to confound conversation, and is working against all parties, simply for his own amusement.  HE'S A TROLL AND CONTRIBUTES NOTHING AT ALL EXCEPT ANNOYANCE AND FRUSTRATION.

So I say we ban him and get it over with already.  If you are in agreement, fellow fornits, then please indicate so with an "Aye."

:shamrock:  :shamrock:

Postby DannyB II » 1 minute ago
I am staff/Ass. Director and I do say a lot here and there because I can. I refuse to live by any conditioning but my own. Who says staff can not post here, staff can't do this or that. Who made these rules "Society of Fornits"?????? SEKTO thinks I should be banned because I will not conform to his idea of etiquette on fornits. Well what a pompous butt SEKTO, you will not control me after I am out of your hellhole called the Daytop Forum. You actually have done more damage to your forum then you think. Your actions of the past and present speaks volumes of why you have a lack of posters. Your language as of to date concerning me shows your lack of maturity, I question your ability to handle moderating a forum where the conversation can get contentious at times.

Noticed the words; arbitrates..nonpartisan...presides over....chairman. Just some thoughts!!!!!

Definition of Moderator....
Main Entry: moderator !m@-du-+rA-tur
Pronunciation:  ?mä-d?-?r?-t?r
Function: noun
Date: circa 1560
Results
1. 1one who arbitrates : mediator

2. 2 : one who presides over an assembly, meeting, or discussion: asa. athe presiding officer of a Presbyterian governing bodyb. bthe nonpartisan presiding officer of a town meetingc. cthe chairman of a discussion group

3. 3a substance (as graphite) used for slowing neutrons in a nuclear reactor

Danny
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 04:26:43 PM »
No, only because that would be pointless -- he would simply register another screen name; just ignore him.

Everyone should just ignore him (myself included).

Offline SEKTO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 04:28:50 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
No, only because that would be pointless -- he would simply register another screen name; just ignore him.

Not necessarily.  There are alternatives.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 04:35:07 PM »
What, like banning his ip? Whatever then, I guess I don't care if he's banned if that's what people want. No problem here..  :seg:

Offline SEKTO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 04:38:33 PM »
What, like banning his ip? Whatever then, I guess I don't care if he's banned if that's what people want. No problem here..  :seg:

Precisely, by IP.  Is that an "Aye" then?

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 04:53:28 PM »

This is exactly what I am talking about when you can have a moderator alleviate himself egotistically that he can call on someone to be banned because he does not like what they say.
I am neither a troll, confuser, problem, antagonists nor confounder of conversation as he would suggest. I am a survivor of TC's like most here who refused to be subjected to archaic rules you choose to want to enforce, SEKTO. Go back to Daytop if you want to humiliate someone as a forum. That is what "Signs" (LE"s) were for remember. Stop crying for christ sake. Jesus grow up.
What it is OK when you bandwagon with others to talk negatively about me, when you come in on a post of have and commence to be sarcastic about my post. All that is OK....SEKTO is that what your telling me. Because you think I started this it makes it OK for you to act like a ASS. Take accountability and throws it right out the window.
SEKTO it is simple you don't like me I you, leave me alone like you said you would, tell everyone else to stop antagonizing me also and all this will stop.
I want it done also but I can not do it myself. Ursus, Inculcate, SEKTO, Matt, Felice and others have to stop with there sarcastic antagonizing posts also.
Inculcate is right with her self-righteous comment "this has gotten tedious",  ours have gotten tedious also. Lets all of us call a truce and get back to what we do best represent this industry.

I AM DONE.......... I WILL NOT BE COMMENTING ON ANYMORE NEGATIVE SARCASTIC REMARKS TOWARDS ME. I CAN ONLY HOPE THAT THE OTHER MEMBERS HERE WILL NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS. IF THEY DO SEKTO THEN YOU WILL KNOW IT IS NOT JUST ME CONFOUNDING CONVERSATION.
I COULD NOT BE MORE SERIOUS, YOU FOLKS KNOW MY WEAKNESS SO INSTEAD OF EXPLOITING IT WHY DON'T YOU HELP. NOT TO SAY I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MY BEHAVIOR. I THINK YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.
NOW I'M SURE THE TROLLS WILL DEVOUR THIS, I AM NOT CONCERNED WITH TROLLS OR MEMBERS THAT FEEL THE NEED TO DRESS UP AS TROLLS TO TAKE POT SHOTS AT ME.
I JUST WANT THIS TO END....
DANNY

Offline SEKTO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 05:25:54 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

This is exactly what I am talking about when you can have a moderator alleviate himself egotistically that he can call on someone to be banned because he does not like what they say.
I am neither a troll, confuser, problem, antagonists nor confounder of conversation as he would suggest. I am a survivor of TC's like most here who refused to be subjected to archaic rules you choose to want to enforce, SEKTO. Go back to Daytop if you want to humiliate someone as a forum. That is what "Signs" (LE"s) were for remember. Stop crying for christ sake. Jesus grow up.
What it is OK when you bandwagon with others to talk negatively about me, when you come in on a post of have and commence to be sarcastic about my post. All that is OK....SEKTO is that what your telling me. Because you think I started this it makes it OK for you to act like a ASS. Take accountability and throws it right out the window.
SEKTO it is simple you don't like me I you, leave me alone like you said you would, tell everyone else to stop antagonizing me also and all this will stop.
I want it done also but I can not do it myself. Ursus, Inculcate, SEKTO, Matt, Felice and others have to stop with there sarcastic antagonizing posts also.
Inculcate is right with her self-righteous comment "this has gotten tedious",  ours have gotten tedious also. Lets all of us call a truce and get back to what we do best represent this industry.

I AM DONE.......... I WILL NOT BE COMMENTING ON ANYMORE NEGATIVE SARCASTIC REMARKS TOWARDS ME. I CAN ONLY HOPE THAT THE OTHER MEMBERS HERE WILL NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS. IF THEY DO SEKTO THEN YOU WILL KNOW IT IS NOT JUST ME CONFOUNDING CONVERSATION.
I COULD NOT BE MORE SERIOUS, YOU FOLKS KNOW MY WEAKNESS SO INSTEAD OF EXPLOITING IT WHY DON'T YOU HELP. NOT TO SAY I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MY BEHAVIOR. I THINK YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.
NOW I'M SURE THE TROLLS WILL DEVOUR THIS, I AM NOT CONCERNED WITH TROLLS OR MEMBERS THAT FEEL THE NEED TO DRESS UP AS TROLLS TO TAKE POT SHOTS AT ME.
DANNY

Danny, I am not embarrassing you, you are embarrassing yourself.  This whole thing is just absurd, and you really flip my gut.

Offline SEKTO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 05:29:15 PM »

With respect, I doubt that that will work, Froderick.  A guy like him is so attention-seeking that ignoring him will only make him twice as obnoxious.  Why let him be a drag on the flow of conversation, and clog up the threads with a bunch of belligerent nonsense?

Offline SEKTO

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 07:09:06 PM »
When people pretty much completely stop posting because of the excess of trolling, what is effectively happening is that he (the troll) is moderating the ability of others to post. This is hardly in the spirit of the forum.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 07:09:52 PM »

This site is not a democracy.  It's more of a constitutional republic...  a minarchist state.  This is done to prevent a tyranny of the majority which would eventually lead to an echo-chamber.  Even if every single member of the board wanted him banned, it would still not be permissible unless he broke one of the established rules, such as flooding or spamming, which to this point he has not done.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 07:12:18 PM »

With respect, I doubt that that will work, Froderick.  A guy like him is so attention-seeking that ignoring him will only make him twice as obnoxious.
I tend to agree with Froderic, though I also see the practical: in all reality people will not ignore him.  My view is to try to include him in rational conservation.  Respond to posts worth responding to and ignore those that are chaff.  If he truly seeks attention he'll then tend to post more relevant, rational postings.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline SEKTO

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 07:15:57 PM »
Quote from: "psy"

This site is not a democracy.  It's more of a constitutional republic...  a minarchist state.  This is done to prevent a tyranny of the majority which would eventually lead to an echo-chamber.  Even if every single member of the board wanted him banned, it would still not be permissible unless he broke one of the established rules, such as flooding or spamming, which to this point he has not done.

Right on.  It is the right of the people, in either case, to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.  This is exactly what I did.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 07:32:51 PM »
I'd have to vote no. People have their bad moments on these forums. Give Danny sometime and he'll see right.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 07:44:56 PM »

Postby SEKTO » Today, 17:25

SEKTO wrote:At this time, I am calling for a vote. I say that Bennison deserves to be placed under some kind of restriction or else banned altogether from these forums. How much rope are we supposed to give the guy? My appeal is to do something before any more trouble gets stirred up. He's out to confound conversation, and is working against all parties, simply for his own amusement. HE'S A TROLL AND CONTRIBUTES NOTHING AT ALL EXCEPT ANNOYANCE AND FRUSTRATION.

So I say we ban him and get it over with already. If you are in agreement, fellow fornits, then please indicate so with an "Aye."

Danny's 1st responce.......
    Inculcate is right with her self-righteous comment "this has gotten tedious", ours have gotten tedious also. Lets all of us call a truce and get back to what we do best represent this industry.
    DANNY
************************************************************************************************************************************************************

SEKTO RESPONCE.....
Danny, I am not embarrassing you, you are embarrassing yourself. This whole thing is just absurd, and you really flip my gut.
SEKTO

Danny's 2nd responce....
SEKTO you are embarrassing yourself and I am doing the same because we are angry. I am no more a troll then you are Brian, we where talking just fine weeks before this whole episode started. Now if you want to blame it all on me go ahead I don't care at this point. Every one wants it to end so please stop. Your not above the fray. As froderick said ignore and let it go, as I.
Danny
************************************************************************************************************************************************************   Re: DEMOCRACY IN ACTION

Postby SEKTO » Today, 17:29

Froderik wrote:No, only because that would be pointless -- he would simply register another screen name; just ignore him.

Danny's responce to post.......
Hey guys if I got "Banned" trust me I would not be coming back. This is what can piss me off this condescending attitude with you folks. You make alot of us want to throw up in your face and what is sad you don't even see it. SEKTO who in the hell do you think you are. Are you that self-centered. You don't speak for everyone not even close. There is approximately 5200 members here on this site and you so far have one who sparingly joined you. That is how important you and I are in the big scheme of things here.
Brian please lets put it down and move on.....2nd time I have asked you.
Danny