Author Topic: Re: Name that Abuser/Director  (Read 8329 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Re: Name that Abuser/Director
« on: March 18, 2010, 12:00:57 AM »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:02:13 PM by DannyB II »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 12:38:32 AM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
:shamrock:  :shamrock:
You bet'cha Alice was the best we were residents together for a while, she was still in when I became staff then worked with me at Elan 7 while I was Ass. Director. She was in re-entry at the time with Diane Hozman who also worked with me. There was no evidence I saw at that time that would lead me to think she was abusive to the residents, she really had no authority at that time to do anything anyways.

Quote from: "Eliscu2"
Alice Dunn Lover

http://http://www.elanalum.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4#p68

Re: Elan 6, 78-80
by dannyb50 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:10 pm

I was around till 9/78 at that time I worked for Elan at Elan 7 right behind Elan 3 if you were looking towards the lake on the left, used to be the dorm I slept in when I first arrived at Elan 3 in 6/75. I subsequently went on to Elan 5. I also worked in Parsonfield back when Peter McCann was director, it was Rick Rosenhaus, Larry Smaller, Peter and myself. When did these riots happen? I was the Ass. Director of Elan 7 and as I said I was a resident for 18 mons. Rich maybe I know you I really can't remember 31 yrs ago. Anyway glad I found this site nice chatting. OH, By the way Alice Dunn was the best I was her staff member p/t at Elan 3. She busted her butt to get where she was going, that's just my opinon from someone who was there when she started her adventure at Elan.

Peace and Love at Ken Zaretsky's
Now isn't this site moderated for flaming, insulting or inciting anger. I have never antagonized Felice on this forum, I am asking for the same respect. I got banned for what she is doing here.
Danny
Reads more like Eliscu's airing some potential hypocrisy is all... I can see how some people wouldn't like that.

Moreover, by the simple virtue of your ability to post here, it is clear that you are not currently banned from the Elan forum.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 12:58:09 AM »
Good post !

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 05:48:51 PM »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:02:48 PM by DannyB II »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 07:08:22 PM »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:03:24 PM by DannyB II »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 07:56:40 PM »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:03:51 PM by DannyB II »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 03:22:48 AM »
http://www.elanalum.com/Forums/viewtopi ... =3&t=4#p68

All the content on this site suddenly vanished.  I have a feeling Danny contacted Rich W about deleting all the responses.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 11:50:55 AM »
http://www.elanalum.com/Forums/search.p ... 7&sr=posts

dannyb50 posts on the elan alumni website.  

Who knows anything about Marty Kruglick, Peter McCann, Rick Rosenhaus and Larry Smaller?

Search found 8 matches

Return to advanced search
Search these results:
Search found 8 matches • Page 1 of 1

Re: 74-76 Poland Springs
Ed, I was in E5 from 10/75 till 1/77 before that in E3 for about 4 mons. My name is Danny Bennison I would have been in 5 when you were there. Also I was staff right after graduation 1/77 till 11/78 in E4 and E7 when it was first built out of the dorms behind E3 heading to the lake on the right. Mar...

by dannyb50
on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:56 pm

Forum: Find People
Topic: 74-76 Poland Springs
Replies: 3
Views: 118

Re: 74-76 Poland Springs
Joy I do remember you and Patty Blinkhorn, crazy Raymond Messier, Mike Holeman ect..... I came in 6/75 to Elan 3 then transfered to Elan 5. My name is Daniel Bennison how I remember you is a mystery but I do. Vincent Smith what a big guy. Well that's all my brain can do know, oh I am also 50yrs old ...

by dannyb50
on Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:10 pm

Topic: 74-76 Poland Springs
Views: 118

Re: Elan from 75-78
:lol: Mikey com'on dude, big Mike...I kno you remember Tricia McCarty. Now you will remember me.
Danny Bennison Elan 5.

by dannyb50
on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:34 am

Topic: Elan from 75-78
Replies: 6
Views: 311

Re: lookin for ols friends
Sandy I worked at Elan 4 from 2/77 till 2/78 so maybe you were there do you remember what years were talking about. How are you doing all these years later I hope life has been kind to you. Danny

by dannyb50
on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:39 pm

Topic: lookin for ols friends
Views: 119

Re: Those who got out and did nothing should be ashamed
Not to jump on the band wagon of Doug, please explain when the hell do we talk about why we ended up in Elan in the first place. Listen I didn't end up their b/cuz I was having a tremendously fascinating life w/ all kinds of successes. Hey most of us came out of juvenile detention centers, other tre...

by dannyb50
on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Forum: General Discussions
Topic: Those who got out and did nothing should be ashamed
Replies: 4
Views: 209

Re: lookin for ols friends
Sandy I was there from 75 till 78 my name is Danny Bennison. I was in Elan 3 then moved to Elan 5 when Marty Kruglick was director. I worked Elan 4 in Parsonfield w/ Peter McCann, Rick Rosenhaus, and Larry Smaller. I am trying to remember you but can't at this point. Give me a clue?

by dannyb50
on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:17 pm

Topic: lookin for ols friends
Views: 119

:lol: Mike O'neil got in touch w/ me on this board or 404-936-6141. Danny Bennison.

by dannyb50
on Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:24 am

Hey my name is Daniel Bennison I was there from this time and in a house w/ Mike from R.I. Elan 5. Mike nice to know your still alive. Our Director was Marty and you were transferred to Elan 6. We played some great games of football against one another. Champanionship Game Elan 5 vs Elan 6. Couldn't...

by dannyb50
on Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:39 pm

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 11:58:07 AM »
Quote from: "Eliscu2"
Quote from: "gae saeki"
http://www.elanalum.com/Forums/viewtopi ... =3&t=4#p68

All the content on this site suddenly vanished.  I have a feeling Danny contacted Rich W about deleting all the responses.
Too bad I copied it before it was "edited".
Obviously "someone" went whining to their boss, I mean Ken Zaretsky.
Seriously those child torturers need to stick together.
See HERE.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 12:06:15 PM »

Ursus,
 Calling me a "Alice Dunn Lover" is a insult so therefore it is flaming.

Felice was doing both with that post and I am asking for this type of flaming to stay out of the Elan Forum. We have plenty of forums here to insult me.

Who died and made you king shit?  You are not a fucking moderator!  Quit trying to run things, you are NOT on staff anymore.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 12:06:16 PM »
"Someone" apparently spoke with Rich

Sorry for the spam
For all general discussion of any kind.
Post a reply
1 post • Page 1 of 1

Sorry for the spam

Postby Admin on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:22 pm
It's my fault ...

I'm not here as often as I should.

Please accept my apologies.

http://www.elanalum.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3930

I will try to be more diligent in the future. Spambots found a way around security.

Rich

Admin
Site Admin

Post a reply
1 post • Page 1 of 1

Return to General Discussions

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 12:37:21 PM »
http://www.elanalum.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27

Those who got out and did nothing should be ashamed
For all general discussion of any kind.
Post a reply
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Those who got out and did nothing should be ashamed

Postby TennisPro on Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:59 pm

Let me let everyone in on something: Elan HAS NOT changed.
You were abused and by staying quiet, the abuse has only evolved and continued.
I was told by many people to quit my whining because MY Elan was a tame place by 2001.
-beating up some kid in 'the ring' is tame?
-watching a 16 year old shove a pen into his abdomen is tame?
-having to build a shield to not get spit and semen on my face is tame?
-being emotionally abused on a hourly basis?
-seeing people in the corner for well over a year?
-receiving no REAL education, being cheated out of one?
-finding sharpened shanks in a corner students shoe?
-having my letters read, and at times thrown away, without my knowledge?
-having my every phone call listened to?

I could go on and on and on.

We all suffer from a form of Stockholm Syndrome, Elan know this and uses it to their advantage...

"The Stockholm Syndrome comes into play when a captive cannot escape and is isolated, but is shown token acts of kindness by the captor. It typically takes about three or four days for the psychological shift to take hold. The syndrome explains what happens in hostage-taking situations, but can also be used to understand the behavior of battered spouses, members of religious cults, Holocaust victims, household pets, and perhaps even users of Internet Explorer. I think it may also help explain the popularity of government and of the mass institutionalization of young people.

http://sniggle.net/stock.php"

I got out 10 years ago and believed the same garbage many of you believed, that Elan had FINALLY changed, until I read this:

Here is a comment from a recent article titled Good News: Bad Economy Killing Abusive Teen Programs.
(Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maia-szal ... 62696.html)
"I was a student at the Elan School for 3 years from 2005 to 2008. I am still traumatized by what I went through during my time there. Waking up each day the environment was constant screaming and swearing, by students, but more so by the "staff". I remember as a new student, I was crying when I was told to scrub a garbage can as a punishment for something so minor that I can't even remember the cause. I has stopped cleaning it, and that was when the staff determined that I has to be restrained and dragged to "the corner", isolation in a room to the point when one barely feels human. I tried to fight back, as any normal person would do when one is touched and forcefully grabbed without consent. Instead of just bringing me to the corner, the staff had other students hold me up, my hands and feet restrained, as other students were forced to scream and degrade me. I say forced, because regretfully I have also done the same to other students, and I know that if they refused to participate in this abominable event they too would have been punished. The only way to survive in this setting was to shut down emotionally. This memory haunts me to current day.

This school needs to be shut down, and I am happy if that day is coming near. Even if Elan survives the recession, it should still be closed. However, this could prove to be exceedingly difficult, because the students in the school are pressured not even to think a bad thought about the program, let alone utter it, and will receive punishment if they fail to oblige that rule. I know that while I was at the school investigations were conducted, and students were pressured into lying. Furthermore, a survey was also done, which now appears on the school's website, some questions asking about if we felt comfortable at the school. It was said to be anonymous, but again we felt pressured into lying, staff was supervising, and each of our handwriting could be easily identified.

I hope someone reacts to the atrocity that is the Elan School."

How long are we going to allow these people to get FILTHY rich off of the exploitation and torment of children?

Elan is a cult. Period. It evolved from a cult, and has all the characteristics of a cult.

Here is an email I recently sent someone:

Elan is a cult. This is a fact. Elan evolved from a cult called Synanon, this is another fact. The entire nation is being kept in the dark, to the great advantage of the Elan corporation. The licensing agencies are supposed to be doing their job, but like you, they are not. They are looking for and selectively hearing what they want and the result is CHILDREN as young as 13 being permanently damaged for life.

I call Elan a cult because of the following definition from Google:
–noun

a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
2. an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, esp. as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult.
3. the object of such devotion.
4. a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.
5. Sociology. a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols.
6. a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.
7. the members of such a religion or sect.
8. any system for treating human sickness that originated by a person usually claiming to have sole insight into the nature of disease, and that employs methods regarded as unorthodox or unscientific.

1. The rites and ceremonies of Elan are instilled from the first footstep as a student onto the complex. Elan's rites and ceremonies in 2009 are the EXACT same as they were in 1970. They altered and deleted some ONLY when it was convenient to them.

2. The students in Elan MUST be the admirers, to utter a breath against the program is heresy, every student will turn on you to prove their allegiance, which lessens their time in Elan, other students vote on your promotions and staff are considered Gods, their power is unchallenged and you learn VERY quickly that you are no longer in America, you are in Elan. This is the most terrifying though imaginable. The fact that you ARE THERE and IT EXIST is enough proof that Elan has the resources to do WHATEVER IT WANTS.

3. You devote your life to Elan, or they take it away forever. If you cannot succeed, they will instill FAILURE into every thing you hold dear.

4. As a group, you punish and degrade anyone who thinks freely against the program.

5. Everything centers around the idea of 'guilt', they make a mockery out of your every thought, they hand you a blank piece of paper and to hand it back blank makes you guilty until proven innocent. Extremely guilty.

6. We are completely under the direction of charismatic leaders, leaders that Elan hand-picks and creates, I know because I was one of them. Many come back to become staff. Marc Rosenberg, the most charismatic staff member, never left.

7. We were truly a sect, we were all followers

8. This is the definition of Elan, even an outsider cannot refute that. I dare you to.

I can be reached at [email protected], everyone can play a part in this, the recession has Elan down, we can kick them while they are down. It is only fair, that is exactly what they did to us.

TennisPro

Postby sandywillette on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:03 pm

i was there in the late 70's wasnt quite as violent as u r saying, depending on the house u were in i quess

sandywillette

Postby The Doug on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:34 pm

Well heres a new angle I hadnt considered. Its my fault!

Are you a doctor, a psychologist or just another armchair critic explaining whats "wrong with us"?
Way too many of the latter with so much helpful advice to offer those of us stricken with the Elan virus!

I "got out and did nothing" Should I be ashamed? Fuck no. I was 18, confused and no better off than when I went in. Shit it took 20 years to understand that Elans "treatment" may have been illegal or simply counterproductive. Did I suddenly feel an urge to picket Elans intake building to save the soul of a future resident? Nope.

Here is what I DID do:

I knew exactly when I was leaving Elan. I lived 2.5 hours away, and thought it would be nothing to drive back up and rescue anyone who may have wanted to be rescued. So I laid the ground work for an "escape"

Myself and two friends drove to Elan late at night and went to the dorms of E-3 to "save" three people who signed up:

Bill D from Chicago, Annette P from NH, and Joe D from Boston.

Guess what happened?

Not ONE of them wanted to leave, and nobody who witnessed our attempted extraction wanted to go with us either.

Hmmmm.

As far as your post though, it reminds me of a common problem with abuse in this country: Too many people blame the victim.

Your ideas are not new or any more revealing than those of Kens buddy "Dan Bostdorff" with his quest for dirt to produce another book: He commonly recruited with the comment "If you claim you were not effected by Elan, youre even sicker than you think, or an apologist. Which is it"?

I can only muster up two words in response to his musings, and yours:

1) Bull

2) Shit

-Respectfully,

Doug

(PS- Kidding Ken...Any word form Danno lately? I dont bother with the Elan drama anymore but had to speak up in response to this gem)

The Doug

Postby dannyb50 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Not to jump on the band wagon of Doug, please explain when the hell do we talk about why we ended up in Elan in the first place. Listen I didn't end up their b/cuz I was having a tremendously fascinating life w/ all kinds of successes. Hey most of us came out of juvenile detention centers, other treatment centers, somekind of diagnostic center, mental health centers,or other types of special schools and let me tell ya' we weren't on the "honor rolls" in these instutions either. I am not condoning, excusing or anything else that can be called abusive that happened there but isn't it a little calling the kettle black. I was freaking ABUSIVE man always that's what scared little guys do at 13,14,15,16,ect. I just didn't like when Vicent Smith and Mike ? jacked my ass up b/cus I wouldn't stop acting inappropriate. First time in my life at that time that I coundn't lie my way out, run my way out, fight my way out or talk my way out. It was over for me. Dude I am not a "VICTIM" I stopped that when i realized I was a mature responsible adult. So yes Elan was a dark place and Elan also was a beacon of light. This world holds both what path are you on. Love and Peace brother. Daniel L.

Bennison Elan 3 & 5 (75' till 77')

dannyb50

Postby TennisPro on Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:31 pm
Wow "The Doug", maybe you have a hard time understanding things, or maybe you just don't like to read.

1st off.....You went back and DID do something, you apparently tried to rescue a few people, good for you. Since you clearly made at least ONE attempt to be part of the solution, my post is not directed at you, but you still want to argue?

2nd off.....If you actually READ what I wrote then you would have a very obvious answer to why the residents did not want to "escape". Had someone driven up to bust me out of Elan, at the time, I would not have gotten in the car either. It is called 'The Stockholm Syndrome".

Hmmmmm.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 03:58:16 PM »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:04:35 PM by DannyB II »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 04:30:37 PM »
Is this allowed on this forum according to the rules, What Anne is doing here. I just would like to have it clarified on a Moderated Forum with rules.  Psy, Ginger, Ursus, Sekto, Che, and Inculcated, I thought the reason we brought in Ursus and Inculcated was to rain in this aggression on the Elan Forum. I tried to get a answer concerning Felice inflammatory comments but Ursus and Inculcated chose not to really give me the time of day. So if Anne can sound off they way she is then that leaves the door open for equal feedback. I really don't feel like doing that here nor reading that here on this site. I'm sure no one else does really.
 Danny

Yanno what ya little crybaby?  If you're really that thin-skinned....have at it.  I'm gonna go play on the boat for the weekend so ya got it aaaalllllllllll to youself.  Y'all have fun.

:rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 04:42:25 PM »
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 11:27:07 PM by Anonymous »