Author Topic: PV is THE village  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Fight2Survive

• View Profile
PV is THE village
« on: March 10, 2010, 07:16:37 PM »
So it seems that "peninsula village" is now called "the village"
What happened to Covenant Health. Now it appears they are owned by "Acadia Healthcare"

What is the deal?!?!? :clown:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you want to get out alive, run for your life.

Offline Fight2Survive

• View Profile
Re: PV is THE village
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 07:18:36 PM »
If you want to get out alive, run for your life.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 02:04:11 AM »
Yes, this happened late last summer. See also (yep, these are all different threads, despite having the same name):

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline stoodoodog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 09:57:19 AM »
Covenant no longer owns PV, but I got a smirk out of this blurb in the metro rag. The "Empire" loves to boast about acquisitions, but kept mum about the reasons for the sale of Peninsula Village. Locals still have no idea about the atrocities committed at Peninsula Village while it was owned and operated by Covenant Health.
I was not aware Covenant is also known as "the Empire". I have only heard it referred to locally as "the Coven". I was also not aware that Peninsula Behavioral Health had changed it's name to Peninsula Hospital for the mentally ill...

http://www.metropulse.com/news/2010/mar ... th-expand/

Convenant Health to Expand?
Metro Pulse
Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Covenant Health, aka the Empire, is in a strong position in the Knoxville medical community. The merger of St. Mary’s with Baptist into Mercy will take some time to shake itself out and recover from the financial costs involved. They will be preoccupied for some time with getting on a strong financial footing. Covenant’s latest expansion plan is an attempt to acquire Morristown-Hamblen Healthcare System, a non-profit hospital in Morristown. Covenant is competing with a for-profit company that owns a competing hospital, Lakeway Regional. Covenant is emphasizing its non-profit status with the board of the ailing hospital.

Covenant owns Fort Sanders, Fort Sanders West, Methodist Medical Center, Fort Loudoun, LeConte Medical, Roane Medical Center and Peninsula Hospital for the mentally ill[/i]. They also operate several outpatient clinics.