Author Topic: Branches Counseling review site  (Read 4502 times)

Offline Bandit73

• View Profile
Branches Counseling review site
« on: March 05, 2010, 12:28:59 AM »
I don't post here much anymore, but I thought this was interesting:

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/15250662569

It's a review site for Branches Counseling, which is run by former Pathway peeps.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 05:42:28 AM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:18:24 AM by Joel »

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
Re: Branches Counseling review site
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 07:02:35 AM »
It's weird, some of the positive reviews have been deleted also. I don't know why. Maybe it is because the people writing those reviews were easily connected with Pathway Family Center and those at Branches don't want any connection to PFC. I have been informed that any negative reviews or any review with the mention of PFC have been deleted.

If Branches is "a different program now" why is it that there is still no transparency about the past. Why not be bold and stand strong against Pathway methods and tell the truth about the whole matter. Why cover it up?

Seems like we have been down this road before... a few times.

A solution: I would like to see an elaborate public statement (From Beth Bunn and Victoria Winebarger) detailing what specific problems they had with Pathway, Terri Nissley and what changes they will implement so that Pathway beliefs and practices will not live on under the Branches name. I would also like to have documentation from these two women denouncing Straight Inc. (which shouldn't be difficult for Mrs. Winebarger, having been a Straight Inc. parent herself in Michigan). I would also prefer to have a sworn statement from these women that their will be no "residential treatment component" ever created by Branches Counseling, PLLC. I think the history of these women and their affiliation to PFC/Straight Inc. should be enough of a reason to drop aspirations of confining children in the name of treatment even with the best intentions.

I have an enormous amount of information that I cannot post here. Suffice it to say I am very concerned with Branches and their intentions. I have been contacted by some local professionals (Michigan) who share some of my concerns and have dealings with Branches currently. I will post any further information that I receive about this Branches endeavor.
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 04:08:16 AM »
I heard that Victoria Winebarger, now: Branches Counseling, PLLC

Worked for Pathway Family Center in the administration (Senior Therapist) for several years.....

Had a kid in Straight Inc. and helped move Straight inc. Michigan stuff when the Straight Inc. program closed....

Helped start Pathway Family Center by moving all that Straight stuff to the nearby Pathway location...

I wonder..... does she still believe in what Straight Inc. offered?  What Pathway Family Center offered?

I wonder what Branches Counseling, PLLC will offer in the future? More of the same?

Would you trust them if they promised to change?

Does anyone that I haven't spoken with yet know anything about Beth Bunn, as she is the other half of Branches Counseling, PLLC  .........I heard that she was the Chief Clinical Officer (CCO) at Pathway. I wonder how long she worked for them.

Questions that will hopefully be answered one day.............

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Victoria Winebarger, Beth Bunn at PFC
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 12:04:41 PM »
Of course, both Victoria Winebarger ("Senior Therapist") and Elizabeth (Beth) Bunn ("Chief Clinical Officer") are listed on HEAL's staff list for Pathway Family Center...
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Beth Bunn
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 12:05:31 PM »

Beth Bunn's LinkedIn profile has been scrubbed of any mention of Pathway Family Center. However, that info is still in Google's search engine and comes up in the brief description accompanying the list of search results:

elizabeth bunn - Directory | LinkedIn
    Title: Chief Clinical Officer at Pathway Family Center; Demographic info: Non-Profit Organization Management | Indianapolis, Indiana Area ...
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/?last=b ... =elizabeth
    [/list]

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    Re: Beth Bunn
    « Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 12:43:12 PM »
    This from a health professionals directory, note the address and phone number:

Beth Bunn, LCSW

Primary Location & Group Practice
      Office Address
      6405 Castleway Court Suite 102
      Indianapolis, IN, 46250
      Phone Number: (317) 585-6953
      Fax Number: (317) 585-9369

Specialties:
      • Social Worker
      State License:
      • Indiana

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
      Beth Bunn & Pathway Family Center
      « Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 01:48:37 PM »
      From Health Care Hiring, more info re. Beth Bunn's social work practice (Indiana Social Worker license #34005597A) and its co-location with Pathway Family Center, with identical street address, phone and fax numbers:

BETH BUNN LCSW, CCMSW
        Behavioral Health & Social Service Providers Social Worker Clinical

Provider NPI: 1568605046
        Provider Information:
        BETH  BUNN LCSW, CCMSW
        Not Sole Proprietor

Practice Location:
        6405 CASTLEWAY CT STE 102  INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46250 US     Map It!
        Tel: 317-585-6953  Fax: 317-585-9369

Business Mailing Address:
        PO BOX 46326  MOUNT CLEMENS, MI 48046-6326 US
        Tel: 317-585-6953  Fax: 317-585-9369

NPI Information:
        NPI: 1568605046
        Entity Type: Individual

Taxonomy:

Primary   Code   Category/Description   State   License Number
        Y   1041C0700X   Behavioral Health & Social Service Providers
        Social Worker
        Clinical   IN   34005597A
        [/list]

For reference and comparison, here are some entries for Pathway Family Center still listed under "Indianapolis Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers" (three different sites, click respective headers for links):

Pathway Family Center (fr. rehab-international.org)
          6405 Castleway Ct
          Indianapolis IN 0000
          Website[/list]
            Pathway Family Center (fr. treatment4addiction.com)
            6405 Castleway Court
            Indianapolis, Indiana 46250
            [/list]
              Pathway Family Center (fr. soberrecovery.com)
              (317) 585-6953
              6405 Castleway Court
              Indianapolis, IN
              Hotline
              (800) 261-4605
              Services Provided
              Substance abuse

More info: Pathway Family Center
                (317) 585-6953
                6405 Castleway Court
                Indianapolis, IN
                Hotline
                (800) 261-4605
                Services Provided
                Substance abuse
                Types of Care
                Residential long-term treatment (more than 30 days), Outpatient
                Special Programs/Groups
                Adolescents, Persons with co-occurring mental and substance abuse disorders
                [/list][/list]

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
                Pathway Family Center aka Changes Recovery Center
                « Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 02:33:36 PM »
                According to this thread on fornits, back when Pathway Family Center was trying on the new name of Changes Recovery Center in a last ditch effort at credibility and financial solvency (?February 2009), their Indiana address (listed below) is, again, identical to that noted as Beth Bunn's professional address (as listed in the above registry) ... right down to the address, Suite#, phone and fax numbers:

Pathway Family Center aka Changes Recovery Center
                  INDIANA
                  Castleton Park
                  6405 Castleway Court
                  Suite 102
                  Indianapolis, IN 46250
                  317-585-6953
                  317-585-9369 (fax)
                  [/list]

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
                  Re: Pathway Family Center aka Changes Recovery Center
                  « Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 03:59:57 PM »
                  Quote from: "Ursus"
                  According to this thread on fornits, back when Pathway Family Center was trying on the new name of Changes Recovery Center in a last ditch effort at credibility and financial solvency (?February 2009), their Indiana address (listed below) is, again, identical to that noted as Beth Bunn's professional address (as listed in the above registry) ... right down to the address, Suite#, phone and fax numbers:
                  Probably just a coincidence...  :rofl:  :bs:  :roflmao:

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
                  Re: Pathway Family Center aka Changes Recovery Center
                  « Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 04:02:05 PM »
                  Quote from: "Froderik"
                  Quote from: "Ursus"
                  Probably just a coincidence...  :rofl:  :bs:  :roflmao:
                  Hey, I'm on a roll! Don't stop me now!   :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
                  professional locations: Beth Bunn LCSW vs. Pathway Family Ce
                  « Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 04:02:43 PM »
                  Okay... how 'bout some visuals?

• The post with Beth Bunn's professional Indiana address from above (noting her Indiana SW license#) also has a MAP. If you check out the hybrid view of that map, and move around some, you'll come across that broadly rounded corner of the lot at 6405 Castleway Court that is at the intersection of Castleway Court and Castleway Drive.
                  • And here is a YouTube clip posted by wdtony, Pathway Family Center has been evicted, filmed Friday, July 24, 2009, just after Pathway Family Center excised themselves from that location. The building number of 6405 emblazoned on the front entry is clearly depicted several times in this thoroughly detailed clip (kudos to the filmmakers!), as well as coverage focusing on the actual intersection signs of that broadly rounded corner of the lot at Castleway Court and Castleway Drive.
                  • And finally, here is a MAP from an office leasing site, of an "office building" located at 6405 Castleway Court, Indianapolis, IN 46250. If you pick the bird's eye view, you easily see that broadly rounded corner of the lot which is identified as the intersection of Castleway Court and Castleway Drive.

This last entry is a bit gratuitous on my part, proving essentially nothing. I included 'cuz it noted some interesting  building specs: 15,783 sq. ft. (!), previous use was for an environmental engineering firm (Last Verified 7/3/2001, Listing ID  7089).

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
                  « Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 04:05:26 PM »
                  I'm sick of these same people trying to squirm out and away so they can start abusing more kids. Where are the demonstrations? The molotov cocktails? The harassment on the street? They should have to pay for what they do, in this life they should have to pay! Isn't there someone with nothing to lose who will stand up to them in some significant way? Is there no end to this madness?

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
                  « Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 05:33:16 PM »
                  Ursus, thank you for the detailed information. I have a feeling it will come in handy. You know, I had forgotten about the Changes Recovery Center attempt..... thanks for posting that here!

Beth Bunn and Victoria Winebarger, aka: "Branches Counseling, PLLC" are trying their best to distance themselves from Pathway Family Center as much as possible. The ironic thing is that almost all of their supporters are remnants of the Pathway program whether they be former program parents, program kids or family members related to program supporters. If they all hated Pathway, then why did they not speak out against it? Instead they vehemently supported Pathway as a collective!

I heard that there was yet another suicide recently of a former Pathway kid. That brings the number to (at least) 4 confirmed "Pathling" suicides in the past 5 years as well as 2 attempted suicides by "Pathings". And these are only the ones I am aware of, there may be more. I am writing this here because I think it is important to point out why some of us are so concerned with Branches Counseling, PLLC being developed into another Pathway program.

Beth Bunn and Victoria Winebarger might want to try working for someone else who doesn't use "quack therapy" instead of being in charge at their own program. But then the cycle of Synanon, SEED, Straight Inc., Pathway Family Center, Branches Counseling, PLLC .......couldn't continue.

@Froderik:  yes, it is frustrating but things are happening, just far too slow for our liking. These days, writing the truth online and posting comments are our "cocktails". Free speech can be powerful.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
                  « Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 05:35:44 PM »
                  Quote from: "wdtony"
                  @Froderik:  yes, it is frustrating but things are happening, just far too slow for our liking. These days, writing the truth online and posting comments are our "cocktails". Free speech can be powerful.
                  Good. Keep it up.