Author Topic: Re: The Excuses are Many  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: The Excuses are Many
« on: January 22, 2010, 02:31:11 PM »
Maine is corrupt. What can I say? Current governor plus a previous governor were members of The Fellowship. It is the only state in the USA that doesn't require private institutions to report incidents of sexual assaults on students.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 02:34:02 PM »
Would any of you mind if I moved this to the Elan forum?
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
David Connerty-Marin
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 07:11:36 PM »
Tue, November 10, 2009 7:49:28 PM

...I will be in touch with you when I know more, which will be in the next week or so.

David Connerty-Marin
Director of Communications
Maine Department of Education
207-624-6880 (o) | 207-831-3313 (c)
[email protected]
Did he ever get back to you? I have a rather dim view of Maine's Department of Education as far as their impartiality goes.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 07:17:19 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Maine is corrupt. What can I say? Current governor plus a previous governor were members of The Fellowship. It is the only state in the USA that doesn't require private institutions to report incidents of sexual assaults on students.

Fellowship?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 07:27:57 PM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
Quote from: "Ursus"
Fellowship?
Also known as "The Family." More in THIS post and thread, and also in the Funderwear thread (link in said post).

Offline Elan3DidNotWantMe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 03:49:08 PM »
I promised myself I would never come back here again after talking to a friend I realized I need to support 110% whomever is doing all they can to stop Elan & get the truth known. I spoke for so long wanting justice for myself & others how can i not support & do all I can?
I will email the jag off now.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 09:56:36 AM »
Quote from: "bossybee39"
I may lack terminology and knowledge some have more in, but I know one thing, what is right and what is wrong. These politician have 1001 excuses, we pay their salaries for God sakes, they should be listening to half of us. We are not going to tolerate the bullshit excuses anymore, it is time to answer to people not give them the brush off like for years are able to do.

Here's something Crazy Mac (my dearly departed daddy) used to say. When you're trying to understand a complex situation, you only have to ask two questions; who's fuckin' who and where'd the money go?

The first thing to understand in this is that these people's salaries are a pittance compared to the rest of the funding machine. Mr. Connerty-Marin, like all bureaucratic cogs in the machine, is in a sticky situation. He's got a job description that requires him to respond to our concerns. That's what he's paid to do, right? But his employer runs on campaign contributions. So Mr. Connerty-Marin has to try to do that without alienating any big contributors. We may as well put the poor dude in a round room and tell him to piss in the corner.

What we have to do is get the media on it. That can be anything from serious newspaper, television, radio journalism to novels, biographies and documentary books like Ben Foster's Like Hell or Help At Any Cost, movies like Boot Camp and Over The GW and anything else you can think of.

Our trouble is that the sadistic lunatics who run this industry enjoy a public image as heroes. What we have to do is to change that image in the public conscience by getting the truth out there in all these many ways. Then it becomes expedient for the bureaucrats to go after them. And then maybe they will.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes