Author Topic: [PLEASE READ] Elan Forum Rules  (Read 3820 times)

Offline The Fornits

• View Profile
[PLEASE READ] Elan Forum Rules
« on: January 21, 2010, 02:01:05 PM »
Rules and Policies of the Elan Forum and Subforums

Rules

1. Stay on topic - When posting in this forum, please pay attention to the topic heading.  Discussions that stray off-topic, yet are still Elan related, may be split off into several separate topics.  Discussions that have nothing to do with Elan at all may be either deleted or moved to a more appropriate section of Fornits.

2. Personal Attacks - Personal attacks against other forum posters are not allowed.  This is not retroactive.  Should you verbally "wish ill" on a person outside this forum, for example, and that person then becomes a poster on this forum, your old posts do not suddenly constitute a rule violation.  You will, however, from that point on, be expected to at least be civil towards that poster for the purposes of furthered discussion with all involved parties.  There is a time and a place for online "flame wars" (such as "Open Free for All"), but it is not here.  If you can't hold it in, take it elsewhere.

3. Contact Information - While you are certainly free to post your own email address, phone number, or contact information, it is not permitted to post the contact information of other people...  even staff.  The exception to this is the case of a person or entity that is a public figure (having put his/her self into the public domain) and for whom contact information is already widely available.

Policies

1. Responsibility. You are responsible for your own words.  This forum does not attempt to arbitrate claims or determine what is true and what is false.  Please do not write to us privately asking us to do so; the answer will be no.  The veracity of any given matter is left up to individual readers to decide.

2. Alternatives and Penalties. If you do not wish to abide by the above set of rules, you are free to discuss whatever you wish in the unmoderated sections of Fornits.  Posts that violate the rules may be deleted or moved to other sections of Fornits.  Repeated flagrant violation of these rules may be grounds for being banned from from this particular section of Fornits.

3. Amendments. Other rules may be added in time as needed.  Such amendments will not be applied retroactively (to older posts).  Any changes to these rules and policies will be announced in a new thread.

By posting in this forum you agree to all the above rules and policies.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: [PLEASE READ] Elan Forum Rules
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 10:04:45 PM »
Quote from: "bossybee39"
I agree fully, but got a question if i am attacked in another forum can I be mouthy???

If you get attacked, it will be dealt with by the moderators.  Reacting in kind may simply result in your post being disappeared as well.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Elan Featured Graduate Staff Troll
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 07:19:23 PM »
[MERGED IN FROM THIS THREAD]

Quote from: "Danny Bennison"
I will not be answering any more questions concerning my identity, I mean this...please respect this. This has just gotten out of hand to the point of un-scroupulous.
I would have to agree.  I believe a person's right to privacy should be respected.  I would urge the moderators to take this into account and the intent behind rule #3

3. Contact Information - While you are certainly free to post your own email address, phone number, or contact information, it is not permitted to post the contact information of other people... even staff. The exception to this is the case of a person or entity that is a public figure (having put his/her self into the public domain) and for whom contact information is already widely available.

While not technically a violation to post somebody's private Facebook picture, it is somewhat against the spirit of safety intended in the creation of the new rules.  If Danny is going to be confronted and hounded into answering questions he does not want to, can other survivors who come here expect similar.  Perhaps the rules can be amended to include a fourth, with something like this:

4. Respect for Privacy - While you are free to ask any questions you wish about another person's experience in life or in the program, if he or she does not answer, do not press the issue.  Furthermore, while you are free to disclose your own experiences in program, you are not permitted to make public the experiences of others (by name or username) without their consent (especially disclosures of a private nature which would normally be considered privileged were the program a bona-fide medical facility).  For example: Talking about what happened to "this girl i knew" or "J." is ok.  Talking about what happened to "Jane Doe" or "FunChick123" is not.

Or something to that effect.  It's just a suggestion.  After all, I am not a moderator here.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline fornits

• View Profile
Re: Elan Featured Graduate Staff Troll
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 07:27:17 PM »
Danny, did you give permission for your current photo to be posted?

If not, that violates forum rules, and you can ask for it to be deleted, if you don’t want it up there. And don't let these people get you down.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 07:43:21 PM »
Quote from: "fornits"
that violates forum rules
That's what I first thought, but then I reread #3 and realized it only applied to contact information (which is why I proposed a fourth rule, which now that i read that doesnt' cover it either).  Perhaps #3's "contact information" should be changed to "personal identifying information (name, photos, address, contact info, etc.)".

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 08:13:47 PM »
Caveate: These rules are NOT retroactive! We won't be madly deleting old posts or anything.

Now, do we really want to go this far? Does this mean someone couldn't post pics that have Marty in them? Or other current staff?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 08:18:43 PM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
Caveate: These rules are NOT retroactive! We won't be madly deleting old posts or anything.
That's already included in policy #3

3. Amendments. Other rules may be added in time as needed. Such amendments will not be applied retroactively (to older posts). Any changes to these rules and policies will be announced in a new thread.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 08:35:14 PM »
Now, do we really want to go this far? Does this mean someone couldn't post pics that have Marty in them? Or other current staff?
Yeah... I have a nightmarish vision in my mind as to the kinds of demands that might be made in the future, and not only on this forum...
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 08:38:28 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Yeah... I have a nightmarish vision in my mind as to the kinds of demands that might be made in the future, and not only on this forum...
You do have a good point.  Perhaps its better just to appeal to people's sense of decency for now.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 10:27:33 PM »
:shamrock:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 01:46:39 AM by Anonymous »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 10:48:12 PM »
:shamrock:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 01:45:47 AM by Anonymous »

Offline mark babitz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 08:52:40 AM »
:rocker:  :jamin:  :rocker:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 08:54:35 AM by mark babitz »

Offline RavingMad

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 09:32:05 AM »
I will agree but anyoone calls me anythin i reserve the right to get them back.
RETARDS GET A LIFE...DO NOT POST ON FORNITS, IT WILL DAMAGE YOUR BRAIN AND ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING OF VALUE.

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 10:09:07 PM »
LOL!

Where are the founding fathers when you need them?