Author Topic: @ Élan infighters et al.  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
@ Élan infighters et al.
« on: January 21, 2010, 05:03:55 AM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
Wow, you guys are a trip!  :eek:
Felice lost her temper. Everyone does once in awhile. I've done and said things I wish I could take back countless times already in my life and I'm probably only about halfway to the end of it.
You seriously think we all hate her and will never talk to her again behind this? Is that how solid your friendships are? Now, if Psy were not so on-the-ball, if we tolerated slips like that, then what she did would have been damaging to Fornits. But Psy's on the ball, he addressed the situation appropriately and expediently and so no real harm was done.
Frankly, though, I think the chick is to be commended for showing restraint. After some of the bullshit you guys have thrown at her, I know I'd be tempted to do a whole lot worse to you than that. And your dog-piling her in her absence, celebrating your imagined victory? Believing you tricked her into burning bridges w/ me or us?  :roflmao: Are those your true colors?
BossyBee39 was the only one to reply to ^ Her response to Antigen was as hostile in its presumption of an attack as it was inadequate for lacking insight to the fact that the behavior being judged is that which has been witnessed here on this site. In fact Fornits is a site which BossyBee39 spoke derisively of initially, then suddenly changed her tune.
Quote from: "psy"
It's very sad to see all this infighting.  Most times it's a fight over something with some sort of merit...  over ideology or what the solution is to a given problem.  This is just ridiculous.  Honestly I just don't get what all this disagreement is about.  Can somebody explain to me like a 6 year old why it is so absolutely necessary for this to go on and on and on when from what I can see you all want to bring Elan to justice?
^These quoted observations and their meaningful input within nearly got missed during the pages of pointless scratching and seemingly endless bitching.I haven’t even seen any reply to Psy's.

Élan infighters you do seem to be locked in perpetual encounter group.

Is there anything substantive to come from those of you who profess their agenda to be shutting down Élan, but sadly seem to be more engaged in harassing Eliscu2? Will you cease the relentless attacks on fellow Élan survivors who don’t fall in line with your group think?

Will your contributions to Fornits continue to be limited to being a sad ass reenactments of all that you rail against having had inflicted on you by Élan? Incidentally even the most pathetic and galling of these displays do serve a purpose. It can be viewed as evidence of survivors so tragically victimized by programming that they are emotionally stunted and for now incapable of seeing that they’ve become a tragic parody of their program's mentality.

Will you continue to be so myopic that you do not appreciate the content and contributors to Fornits who have survived similar treatment abuses and have information to share? Are you satisfied to simply banter with trolls for page after page day after day?

If there is anything better to be known of any of you…Then you could start by getting off of Felice’s ass. You have all subjected her to your petty infighting for months (off forum then here). From a place of empathy and a true desire to promote awareness about Élan, she helped you put valuable content on your site.Then you three collectively turned on her... because she would not pick a side and participate in your games.

What happened this morning was an inevitable consequence of someone having too long suffered fools.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: @ Élan infighters et al.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 09:49:40 AM »
Quote from: "Inculcated"
Élan infighters you do seem to be locked in perpetual encounter group.
Locked is the right word.

Ginger and I were talking on the phone yesterday about this as we both had this same observation.  It's amazing to me how they can go on and on and on when most who were in similar programs got sick of the drama long ago.  It's as if they never really left the program and are just trying to recreate it wherever they can in their lives because it's what they feel comfortable with...  because they don't know another way.  As I understand it, Elan institutionalize fighting, both figurative and literal, far more than any other program.  If these guys really want to be free of the program they're going to have to realize this and learn to find another way.  A good start would be for them to realize what's going on, and maybe, just maybe, learn to talk to each other like human beings with a tiny bit of compassion.  To me that's the key to finding the way out of this prison of perpetual conflict.  Sounds like hippie bullshit but there's some truth to it.

Is there anything substantive to come from those of you who profess their agenda to be shutting down Élan, but sadly seem to be more engaged in harassing Eliscu2? Will you cease the relentless attacks on fellow Élan survivors who don’t fall in line with your group think?

See.  I'm not so sure it's about that as much as it is knowing no other way.  There always has to be a fight, and if it wasn't Eliscu, it would have been somebody else.  It really is a sad testament to the results of that program, but there are better ways to verbalize such damage.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 09:59:17 AM »
:shamrock:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 02:17:36 AM by Anonymous »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 10:05:49 AM »
Quote from: "Danny Bennison"
Yes I too got caught
up in the fray, not again. My knife has been put away and my vuneralibity is back on the block. It is the only way this surviver can act.

The one thing I've learned in these years is that you get what you give. If you open up and are kind to others, eventually, not always immediately, they will show the same back.  I think you're taking a good, mature, step in the right direction.  Withdrawing is not the solution.  "Be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi.  You'll see results soon enough.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline DevilsLettuce

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 10:50:12 AM »
Quote from: "Inculcated"
Will you cease the relentless attacks on fellow Élan survivors who don’t fall in line with your group think?
Buzz Buzz bitch bee wants to be queen.  She hasn't the charisma or wisdom to build her own empire so she attempts a coup here.  Silly buzz buzz.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 11:21:13 AM by DevilsLettuce »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 11:03:21 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
Yes I too got caught
up in the fray, not again. My knife has been put away and my vuneralibity is back on the block. It is the only way this surviver can act.
The one thing I've learned in these years is that you get what you give. If you open up and are kind to others, eventually, not always immediately, they will show the same back.  I think you're taking a good, mature, step in the right direction.  Withdrawing is not the solution.  "Be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi.  You'll see results soon enough.
No aspersion meant to your fine words here, psy... Nor an aspersion to Gandhi, for that matter. Just an observation, fwiw:

Hyde School's Joe Gauld, on how he allegedly came to sign up for the Hoffman Quadrinity Process*:[/list]
      "My daughter Gigi attended before I did. When she came back I saw big changes in her – she learned to appreciate and love herself. In 2007 I felt that I hadn't made much of a dent in changing American education, but I saw that there were still unrecognized attitudes in me that I needed to change. As Gandhi said, "Be the change you want to see in the world." So on my 80th birthday I signed up for the Process."[/list]

* Hoffman Quadrinity Process is an 8-day residential LGAT which many regard as being quite similar to Lifespring. Hoffman Institute CEO Charles "Raz" Ingrasci has had a lifetime career of key executive and training positions in "seminar companies," which include est and Lifespring.
      -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
      « Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 11:38:34 AM »
      Is there anything substantive to come from those of you who profess their agenda to be shutting down Élan, but sadly seem to be more engaged in harassing Eliscu2?

Interesting choice of words considering you're one of the "harass Whooter fan-club."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
      « Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 11:59:50 AM »
      Inculcated,
      I have long respected your thoughts on subjects brought up here, including my own. I haven't always agreed with you, nor you w/ me.  We have bantered in a gentlemen way, of course you always playing the intellect me the laymen. In the short yarn we have spun,  I have never felt your disrespect and or sense of indifference. (I maybe deillusional) lol
      My point,  for you to say something to help us (Elan survivers) means a lot to me and I'm sure in time others. Yes I too got caught up in the fray, not again. My knife has been put away and my vuneralibity is back on the block. It is the only way this surviver can act.
      No, I don't necessarily where my heart on my sleeve, yet I need the past to help the present.   Once again (one stop shop here) thanks...Pys, Che, Antigen and Ursus for all your words of wisdom.  My Dad told me many times, "the truth is the truth, it doesn't need explaining".     Happy Trails........ :shamrock: .......Danny

Danny Bennison was in Elan 6/75 till 1/77 as a resident. He was a staff at Elan from 1/77 to 11/78.

How does Danny remember Lee B?  Lee graduated from Elan in 1974 and Danny started at Elan 6/75.