Author Topic: Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010  (Read 550 times)

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« on: December 24, 2009, 02:35:54 AM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 06:40:29 AM by Joel »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: What do you think about health care legislation?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 01:25:36 PM »
to all and sundry: Health care legislation.. I was in clinical reference for many years, and the stories are too many. Recently i took a test in a doctor's office.
after a fairly energetic converstation with the office manager, I agreed to pay 200$ for the test. It was a reagent strip test,no more accurate or revealing than the same reagent strip sold in drug stores for 20$ It is a qualification test, not a quantification test.. same standard of accuracy, same method.. what's the difference in cost? Regulatory compliance!
How many of you have been to a an accupuncturist, a chiropractor, a psychologist? Whom do you think will determine the validity of any particular therapy?
Accupuncture is a fine example.. Accupuncture was sytematized approximately 400 years ago, and has been primary health care for about 800 million people. Are you willing to tell me that 800 million chinese are stupid, easily fooled?
For about a decade, benzodiazipene class drugs were held to be non-adddictive (valium, xanax,libruim, etc.) Research proved it
However, after senate hearings, it was determined that this class of drug, because it mimicked natural molecule, was among the most addictive class of drug ever developed, and that the data had been "massaged".The senate hearings determined that enough Valium had been manufactured and shipped from parsipanny, N.J. to keep virtually everyone in the country stoned. Question? If winchester had manufactured and shipped as many rounds? what then?
Science has been politicized, medicine particularly,and can no longer be trusted. Health care indeed! Welcome to the dark age J.O.M
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »