Author Topic: Wellspring blames Bankruptcy on Counselor/ Riot  (Read 50444 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Wellspring blames Bankruptcy on Counselor/ Riot
« on: September 10, 2003, 07:44:00 AM »
http://www.registerbee.com/servlet/Sate ... !frontpage

excerpt:
In explaining why he filed for bankruptcy, Gluhareff also blamed the school?s closure on the actions of Lisa Grant, a former counselor for the school, who Gluhareff said ?kidnapped? four boys from the school on April 18 and incited a riotous atmosphere.
?That inappropriate behavior turned our school upside down,? Gluhareff told U.S. Bankruptcy Court Trustee Andrew Goldstein on Monday. ?(The Department of Social Services) found nothing wrong. There is nothing to the accusations.?
Gluhareff said the students began acting irrationally, threatening to burn the school down, and to kill him and his wife, Elizabeth.
?We didn?t sleep for three days,? he said, adding that Halifax County deputies were dispatched to the school and his residence.
Goldstein noted that Gluhareff and the school had general, unsecured debt of over $1.4 million, and inquired about the school?s performance in past fiscal years. The school earned $2,275,000 in fiscal year 2002-03, and $2,831,000 during the previous period.
The school?s tuition was $49,000 a year.

McCollum asserted that Gluhareff billed her for the tuition after her ex-husband had already paid it, adding that Gluhareff insisted that her ex-husband refused to pay.
?This is one of the most blatant examples of fraud,? she said.
McCollum said she anticipates having to sell her home to pay off the debt she accumulated as a result of making the tuition payment.
McCollum said her son ?lost his soul? as a result of his experience at Wellspring, and that he wants nothing to do with Christianity or God.

Troy ?Buddy? Martin, a Wellspring former employee, said he was never paid for his last few weeks at the school.
?Was there any reason I was not paid?? he asked. ?I worked.?
Gluhareff said Martin, like Grant, had caused problems and ?stirred up trouble,? a charge Martin denied.
Grant asked Gluhareff if she knew that the Virginia State Police had cleared her of all wrongdoing regarding taking the boys from the school, and that he was still under investigation.
?I have no comment on that,? Gluhareff answered.
Grant won a judgment against Gluhareff in Halifax County District Court on May 28, but said that $2,700 judgment has not been paid.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2003, 09:36:00 AM »
Steve walks wanly down the street
With his brim pulled way down low
Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet
Machine guns ready to go
Are you ready hey, are you ready for this?
Are you hanging on the edge of your seat?
Out of the doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat, yeah

Another one bites the dust, another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone, another one bites the dust
Hey, I'm gonna get you too, another one bites the dust

How do you think I'm going to get along
Without you when you're gone?
You took me for everything that I had
And kicked me out on my own
Are you happy? Are you satisfied?
How long can you stand the heat?
To the sound of the beat. (Look out)

And another one gone, and another one gone, another one bites the dust
Hey I'm gonna get you too, another one bites the dust

Hey, Oh take it - Bite the dust bite the dust
Hey Another one bites the dust
Another one bites the dust
Oooh shoot out

There are plenty of ways that you can hurt a man
And bring him to the ground
You can beat him, you can cheat him
You can treat him bad, and leave him when he's down

But I'm ready, yes I'm ready for you
I'm standing on my own two feet
Repeating to the sound of the beat

And another one gone and another one gone
Another one bites the dust yeah, Hey I'm gonna get you too
Shoot out

The trouble with practical jokes is that very often they get elected.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0380768089/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Will Rogers, American humorist, political commentator and cowboy philosopher

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 06:52:00 PM »
I likes!! Here's one back at ya, adapted from
Pink Floyd's "Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)"

We don't want your manipulation
We don't want no thought control
No more seminars in est fashion
FRs leave us kids alone
Hey, Kay, leave us kids alone
All in all you?re just another brick in the wall
All in all you're just another brick in the wall

We refuse to be subjugated
We don't need no consequences
No more torture in your OP rooms
Pricks leave us kids alone
Hey, Goons leave us kids alone

We don't want the ?help? your forcing  
No more behavior modification
No more abuses to kids and parents
Creeps leave us all alone  
Hey, Bob leave us all alone

Kids don't need incarceration  
They don't need no exit plan
No more deception- the truth is out
Robert your game has been exposed  
Hey, Kay your days are numbered dear
All in all you're just a program about to fall

Feel free to add your own verse.
Deborah
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 10:23:00 AM »
rev. bob gluhareff is a deceitful man that should have been exposed years ago. His practices of taking advantage of adults and children in their most venerable moments are not only deplorable, but also in this case probably illegal. His irresponsible actions and arrogant demeanor have gotten him sued several times in the past for allegations of fraud and sexual misconduct. The public is recognizing that people that hide evil deeds behind the cloak of righteousness (reverend, therapist, and business consultant) can no longer linger in the shadows but will be brought to the fullness of light and exposed. Victims of rev. gluhareff should no longer be intimidated and come forward with their stories so that no one else will be hurt. He has sown the wind, may he reap the whirlwind.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 04:44:00 PM »
Not too sure how old this thread is since I am not a member here, but I was an attendee at Wellspring Academy, I can agree with the above poster that Mr. Bob Gluhareff is a fraud and is a total asshole. Going to Wellspring Academy was the worst two year of my life, and this was the general consent of almost all of the students that went there. Bob decieved our parents, and us, so that he could make a buck. I cannot tell you all how grateful the school shut down. To hell with Bob Gluhareff.

Offline tmollura

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2004, 11:53:00 AM »
Bob Gluhareff is a lier and a very evil man. I was attending that school for 2 years before it closed down. i was there the day it closed down. Lisa Grant did us a favor by taking some of us away from that place. Bob was not threatened in any way, shape or form. He decieved many parents, just to dip into their family savings. We were heared like cattle and flonted at his own expense. he is a lier and a thief

[ This Message was edited by: tmollura on 2004-01-14 08:54 ]
homas William Mollura

Offline tmollura

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2004, 11:55:00 AM »
who wrote that i am thomas mollura
homas William Mollura

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2004, 02:54:00 PM »
On 2004-01-14 08:55:00, tmollura wrote:

"who wrote that i am thomas mollura"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2004, 07:32:00 AM »
Bob Gluhareff,several senior staff members, and numerous conditions at Wellspring are the current subject of investigations by the following agencies:
Criminal Investigations Unit of the Virginia State Police, Special Agent Carl Bond
PO Box 577
Appomattox  VA  24522

North Carolina Board of Licensed Professional Counselors
PO Box 1369
Garner NC 27529-1369
919-661-0820
Case #0134

Virginia Dept of Health Professions
Leith Ellis, Investigator
PO Box 4667
Glen Allen VA  23058
Cases 90628, 90630, 90747

If you were involved with Wellspring and have anything you'd like to say to these investigators, please contact them.  The state police are focusing on whether or not Bob Gluhareff delivered on his numerous promises to parents, and many financial issues.

Bob Gluhareff, Cindy Thomas and Jessie Diamond are all licensed professional counselors in North Carolina.  Their professional conduct is covered by that state's counseling board.  Numerous ethics complaints have been filed against them, which are currently under investigation.  If you believe you were treated unethically by Bob, Cindy or Jessie,please file a complaint.  Were you lied to or threatened?  Was your therapeutic privacy violated?  Were you subjected to their "interventions" and put in isolation, which they called "in school suspension"?  If so,please contact the NC Counseling Board.

No one on the entire Wellspring counseling staff was licensed to practice in Virginia, where the facility is located.  The Virginia Dept of Health Professions is investigating.

The only investigation that has been completed is that of the Virginia Dept of Social Services into allegations of child abuse at Wellspring.  Bob Gluhareff was found to have abused children at Wellspring and has lost his first appeal of that determination.  He has advanced to the second appeal level and awaits his next chance to dispute the finding.

Do your part.  Contact the above agencies and tell your Wellspring experiences.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2004, 10:52:00 AM »
kids, parents, former "employees" of wellspring- please help bring this  man to justice. he has hurt so many people and will continue to do so until he is stopped. so many have tried to stop him, but he is evil. evil fights hard, but he will get his. don't let him get away with it anymore!!!! some of us aren't allowed to talk about it because of legal reasons, but you have no reason not to talk. he can't hurt you anymore so don't be afraid. there are so many people out there in your corner.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2004, 11:00:00 AM »
On 2004-01-24 07:52:00, Anonymous wrote:

"kids, parents, former "employees" of wellspring- please help bring this  man to justice. he has hurt so many people and will continue to do so until he is stopped. so many have tried to stop him, but he is evil. evil fights hard, but he will get his. don't let him get away with it anymore!!!! some of us aren't allowed to talk about it because of legal reasons, but you have no reason not to talk. he can't hurt you anymore so don't be afraid. there are so many people out there in your corner. "

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »
Wellspring's bankruptcy is in no way the fault of the counselor.  I was there.  I was a teacher.  The handwriting that something was grossly wrong was on the wall for a long time.  One of the posts here refered to Bob as Rev. Gluhareff.  I have to question that title.  With enough money I can send in a matchbook cover and receive the same title.  There is a big difference between a true pastor and a fake pastor.  I question Bob's credentials.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2004, 02:16:00 PM »
Ok, first all the news about Lisa, its all BULLSHIT. Lisa Grant was my counsler, she is the best counsler I've ever had. I had Jessie (who amounted to jack), And Bob, (yes he did have counselies, he was a very bad one at that. Bob manipulating my parent out of more money than 99% of any other parent on that campus. Bob has screwed parents (and students for that matter) royally. He thought he could get away with it. I guess it all came back on him. I was shall I say one of the more rebelious kids at this school. This did not stop stop the physical abuse from Dave Glueharff, Joe Eggelston, Sean Kelly, And Bob himself. Because of a situation I have had permenant neck problems ever since. I don't want to see a charge for all this. I want to see Bob go to a Federal Penatentery for all this. He has scamed millions. If he shall get off of everything, he is spitting in the face of any government autority. This includes the judge who may think he is not guilty in all this. I was screwed cause "Wellspring Academy." Look at how we lived for instance. The dorm I was in had black mold growing in it. The one who decided to cover it up with white paint and let it slid was paid to a ridiciouls extent. I worked in the kitchen, the kids were I would say malfeed about the last 4 weeks. I served the shit, I know how much we were suppose to give out 85% of the time we ran out. I know that the meat we had cause a great sickness that was spread out in the dorms one night. It's amazing no one got sick from the spoiled meat. The schooling, I believe it was one teacher that was certified to teach. You cannot be taught from someone who cannot teach. The "principle" was not even certified to be in her position. Shall I explain more? I believe not because when he goes to jail that will be his consequence. Would it not have been for Lisa, I would never have gotten out of "Wellspring." Bob was very mad at Lisa when I left. My parents were scamed by Bob. I still think they are. Thank you Bob, because of you me and my parents will never be able to live in the same house because of "Wellspring." The rumors about Lisa helping in getting the school shut down, are bullshit. If one counsler could have brought that school down then the kids could have a long time before Lisa. There were no roits ever at "Wellspring," if there had been it was probably stopped due to a threat from a few staff. So I shall end here, Bob you are a pitifull piece of shit. When you go to jail have fun, they WILL LOVE you.

[ This Message was edited by: Antigen on 2004-02-01 08:58 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »
This is a reply {To hell with Bob}
         Look you dumb ass since you dont know shit about anything,let me tell how it is.
Wellspring was an at risk school.(not a posh summer resort that some of you rich kids thought it should have been)Alot of different cases,yours like many was the results of Bob and staff trying to keep your sorry ass out of jail.Education programs that were offered didnt fail (you did)
A lot of students have gone on to make a good life for themselves.Your parents had the right to choose many different schools The money that your parents spent was not stole by Bob ,but wasted by you.
The part of your neck injury was a result of you acting stupid.your kind should be in prison!! not with students that wanted to better themselves.Its not Bobs  fault that you cant live at home its yours. you need to grow up and get a life. stop blaming other people for your actions :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2004, 11:01:00 PM »
On 2004-01-25 13:57:00, Anonymous wrote:

" This is a reply {To hell with Bob}

Look you dumb ass since you dont know shit about anything,let me tell how it is.

Wellspring was an at risk school.(not a posh summer resort that some of you rich kids thought it should have been)Alot of different cases,yours like many was the results of Bob and staff trying to keep your sorry ass out of jail.Education programs that were offered didnt fail (you did)

A lot of students have gone on to make a good life for themselves.Your parents had the right to choose many different schools The money that your parents spent was not stole by Bob ,but wasted by you.

The part of your neck injury was a result of you acting stupid.your kind should be in prison!! not with students that wanted to better themselves.Its not Bobs  fault that you cant live at home its yours. you need to grow up and get a life. stop blaming other people for your actions :wave: "

Fuck you.

They have to give people *trials* before they go to prison.

You lunatics lock people up with no legal recourse at all to have a responsible, disinterested person evaluate whether the kid really needs to be locked up or not, and then you abuse them and say it's *their* fault.

I repeat, fuck you.

That kid would have been better off on the street than with you loonies---because on the street abuse is only *probable*---not a *certainty*.

You want to kick your kid out, fine, kick your kid out.  If the neighbors, or friends, or grandparents, or other relatives want to take the kid in and the law has nothing on which to convict the kid, let the kid get a job and become an emancipated minor.

Most of these psycho parents want their kids *locked up* somewhere that's away, not just "out of the house"---if they just wanted the kid out of the house, they'd tell the kid in advance--"You have a week to find friends, neighbors, or relatives to take you in or we'll ship you off."

90% of the time, the kid could find someplace to live within that week.

If the kid belonged in prison, the juvenile justice system would put him there.  YOu bastards are not locking up kids who "belong" in prison, you bastards are locking up kids who you could *never* get a conviction on just because you're fucking control freaks who want them locked up.

What?  You say you're not?  Yeah, right.  Any parent who is *not* a fucking control freak who wanted the kid out would give the kid a week to find someone else to live with and *only* send the kid off if he/she was still there a week later.

Kids who just don't get along with their parents are the reason we have emancipated minor laws in the first place.