Author Topic: too much criticism...  (Read 1180 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
too much criticism...
« on: November 25, 2009, 01:27:13 PM »
...can cause a person to fear failure and failure is an indespensable part of life.  It enables us to learn.  The criticism in $tr8 was relentless.  Fear of failure; fear of criticism, fear of abuse, paralyzes a man when he should act.  

...Relentless is putting it mildly...ruthless.

that kind of abuse just kills the spirit; makes one want to disappear, be invisible.

had to post it.  Peace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
Re: too much criticism...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 01:39:31 PM »
Quote from: "starry-eyed pirate"
...can cause a person to fear failure and failure is an indespensable part of life.  It enables us to learn.  The criticism in $tr8 was relentless.  Fear of failure; fear of criticism, fear of abuse, paralyzes a man when he should act.  

that kind of abuse just kills the spirit; makes one want to disappear, be invisible.

had to post it.  Peace.

"Fear is the Mind killer, it is the little death that brings oblivion"---F. Herbert

I agree with your statement, and would like to comment on it........

Many of the most successful people I have come into contact with have said that they have learned more from their failures than from their successes.  If the possibility of failing is not present, there is no incentive to succeed, and conversely, success is cheapened and demeaned.  If there was no risk, then there was truly no reward, merely inevitability, and therefore nothing admirable in the pursuit of excellence or success.  The fear of failure in Str8 (and it's attendant consequences, DEADINSANEINJAIL) was, in my opinion, a way to "de-incentivize" individual thought and action, a means of enforcing conformity to the will of the group (which they called "God's Will", a code name for the program), in order to create more stringent programming in the Robot Factory's products.

A rather thought-provoking post, Pirate.  I will smoke on this and comment further at a later time.......Peace out, (and find my Stones DVD.....lol)
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 01:54:28 PM »
LOL :rofl: .  It's in the works brother.  I recently remembered that I think I stashed it somewhere so my daughter wouldn't find it...I just have to remember where.  So there has been some progress toward the recovery...

...and yeah, you're onto their tricks red temple.  Thanks for what you wrote.

Sorry, though about my phone, that was the end of minutes, I'll have to call you back.

right now I gotta run.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 06:06:12 PM »
Quote from: "RTP2003"
Quote from: "starry-eyed pirate"

had to post it.  Peace.

"Fear is the Mind killer, it is the little death that brings oblivion"---F. Herbert

I agree with your statement, and would like to comment on it........

Many of the most successful people I have come into contact with have said that they have learned more from their failures than from their successes.  If the possibility of failing is not present, there is no incentive to succeed, and conversely, success is cheapened and demeaned.  If there was no risk, then there was truly no reward, merely inevitability, and therefore nothing admirable in the pursuit of excellence or success.  The fear of failure in Str8 (and it's attendant consequences, DEADINSANEINJAIL) was, in my opinion, a way to "de-incentivize" individual thought and action, a means of enforcing conformity to the will of the group (which they called "God's Will", a code name for the program), in order to create more stringent programming in the Robot Factory's products.

A rather thought-provoking post, Pirate.  I will smoke on this and comment further at a later time.......Peace out, (and find my Stones DVD.....lol)

When you say successful I wonder what you mean...  maybe it just means accomplishing what you've set out to do...

"the fear of failure in Str8( and it's attendant consequences, DEADINSANEINJAIL) was, in my opinion a way to "de-incentivize" individual thought and action, a means of enforcing conformity to the will of the group(which they called "God's Will", a code name for the program), in order to create more stringent programming in the Robot Factories products".

Yeah.  This looks like a good place to dig.  I eagerly await your expoundation.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 10:22:35 PM »
FUCK